Fabricio Coloccini signed from Deportivo La Coruña on 5 year deal

Cronky

Dont think he will sign until he knows Jonas is 100% signed!

Jonas IS signed!!! It's literally the fact that the Spanish club are holding is registration. He is our player, but a player who can't play competitive games as things stand.

So if fifa decide he got out of his contract illegally and order us to pay 10 mil in compo to Majorca and the south american club who have rights to him, it won't affect his position?

If FIFA decide he got out of his contract illegally, we will be banned from making transfers for two whole transfer windows.

Jonas IS signed!!! It's literally the fact that the Spanish club are holding is registration. He is our player, but a player who can't play competitive games as things stand.

So if fifa decide he got out of his contract illegally and order us to pay 10 mil in compo to Majorca and the south american club who have rights to him, it won't affect his position?

If FIFA decide he got out of his transfer illegally, we will be banned from making transfers for two whole transfer windows.

That's the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard.  Where did you hear that?

If FIFA decide he got out of his transfer illegally, we will be banned from making transfers for two whole transfer windows.

The FIFA rulebook.

Guest neesy111

we would sue fifa in that case

because how can we be banned when we signed a player who broke out his contract on his own arrangement

Looking forward to hearing the words "Coloccini signs four year deal with Newcastle". Champagne at the ready.

5 years ;)

That long before he signs? Fuck, I don't think I could take it.

The FIFA rulebook.

Have you got a copy?

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/regulations_on_the_status_and_transfer_of_players_en_33410.pdf

In addition to the obligation to pay compensation, sporting sanctions shall be imposed on any club found to be in breach of contract or found to be inducing a breach of contract  during the protected period. It shall be presumed, unless established to the contrary, that any club signing a proffessional who has terminated his contract without just cause has induced that proffessional to commit a breach. The club shall be banned from registering any new players, either nationally or internationally for two registration periods.

Above that, it also says that the player will be banned for four months from the start of the season.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/regulations_on_the_status_and_transfer_of_players_en_33410.pdf

In addition to the obligation to pay compensation, sporting sanctions shall be imposed on any club found to be in breach of contract or found to be inducing a breach of contract  during the protected period. It shall be presumed, unless established to the contrary, that any club signing a proffessional who has terminated his contract without just cause has induced that proffessional to commit a breach. The club shall be banned from registering any new players, either nationally or internationally for two registration periods.

Above that, it also says that the player will be banned for four months from the start of the season.

We be doomed! Bring back Brambe before the embargo, we need the Titan.

we would sue fifa in that case

because how can we be banned when we signed a player who broke out his contract on his own arrangement

Because Mallorca and Velez would argue we induced him to break his contract - even without proof they will make the charge, simply because the club has a bigger capacity to pay compensation than Jonas the individual.

Webster is murky waters indeed and there are going to be test cases - we'd best start praying this doesn't become one of them. Don't forget FIFA brought in the rules under sufference, indeed kicking and screaming, by the EU. Don't rely on Sepp Blatter...

(Forgive me for the Argie international thread crossover)

With regards to reports that it is the Spanish FA holding onto Gutierrez's registration, have they approved the registration of Atletico's Assuncao?

If they have, they don't really have a leg to stand on.

Disclaimer: I am not ITK!

However a bit of juicy gossip nonetheless ...

I've heard (just from a friend in the Newcastle area so not too exciting!) that Coloccini in midfield is a very big possibility as an upgrade on Butt in the defensive midfield position. Other than doing a good job of regaining posession, he apparently distributes the ball very well from there also. Likely that another experienced centre back will be coming in to play alongside Faye/Taylor.

The 4-3-1-2 (diamond) formation will be staying, but rather than have Owen in the "hole" it will be Owen and Martins upfront with a brand new attacking midfielder to play in the "hole", one who can direct the attack and thread balls through to Owen and Martins. Modric was supposed to be the guy apparently  :weep: but Aimar, Baptista and now Tiago have all been considered since, amongst others.

Jonas will be on the left of a midfield three, and apparently he played in this position and formation for Mallorca last season and did well there.

So there ... Had a good conversation about all this yesterday and just thought I'd share, as it didn't sound too far-fetched.

With everything in place and everyone available our midfield and attack should look something like this allegedly ...

---------Martins---------Owen----------

-------------------Tiago-------------------

--------Jonas---------------Barton------

-----------------Coloccini-----------------

Seems ludicrous to me to buy a player many consider to be a world class central defender and shoe horn him into defensive midfield...  Buy a fucking defensive midfielder if you want a defensive midfielder!

Seems ludicrous to me to buy a player many consider to be a world class central defender and shoe horn him into defensive midfield...  Buy a fucking defensive midfielder if you want a defensive midfielder!

Lets not sound like this is true. I firmly believe we have bought him to play in his proper position.

By the way, I thought Gutierrez couldn't play in our first two friendlies, firstly because we didn't have his registration sorted and secondly because Mallorca wouldn't give him the go ahead to play without the registration they still held at the time.  So if people are still claiming his registration isn't sorted then what's changed now to allow him to play in our friendlies?

Only breach here is in James' brain

In fact the only breach is in your ability to read.

As I say quite clearly:

And I doubt we would have taken that risk.

Which is a response to suggestions from others that Gutierrez's transfer could be seen as illegal by FIFA.