Fabricio Coloccini signed from Deportivo La Coruña on 5 year deal

Cronky

He will sign, calm the f*** down.

When though? Incase you haven't noticed the season is about to start. And you have to admit the hold up is suspicious.

Keegan is just keeping Taggart on his toes. Taggart will be trying to plan his tactics for Sunday and we'll rock up at kick off with Colo in defence, Joe Cole, Arshavin and Messi in midfield and Van Nistelroy up front.

chances are that he has signed, but the club are waiting on his international clearance coming through before announcing anything.

does he have an Italian passport? as foreign players with them are being looked at very carefully for false eligibility at the moment.

Anyone know if I can hire a sailing boat in Stockholm?

Why do you wonder? Want to buy Colos hair and use it as a sail?

Because I want to go sailing around the archipelago, I don't mind what the sail is made from.

Why do you wonder? Want to buy Colos hair and use it as a sail?

Because I want to go sailing around the archipelago, I don't mind what the sail is made from.

So you do want to escape to Finland. No surprise there!

Has Colloccini flown out for the olympics and they are waiting til thats done with till they confirm it?? As on official bejeng website he is down for the squad?He is about half way down the page on this link!!!

http://results.beijing2008.cn/WRM/ENG/BIO/Athlete/C.shtml

He's staying at the Hilton man.

the hilton? are you serious? have you ever stayed in one? its just a glorified travelodge

I'm deadly serious.

He was definitely there last Satda as 1 of my mates was at a wedding there and got his photo taken with! Doesn't look very tall mind!!!! Superb barnet!

Well!?!

This delay in an announcement is starting to make me worry that there may indeed be no boats for hire in Stockholm, or even, no Stockholm at all!!! :o

Kevin Keegan's Recruitment Drive Speeds Up

August 13, 2008

It hasn't been a vintage summer for Newcastle in terms of transfers, but last week’s news of Tyneside hints at more activity for St. James' Park this week. Kevin Keegan is expecting three or so new signings before Sept. 1.

King Kev has so far brought in Jonas Gutierrez, Danny Guthrie, and Sebastien Bassong, but Fabio Coloccini is expected to join this week after Deportivo La Coruna agreed to a fee with Newcastle for the Argentine starlet.

Steven Warnock remains high on the wanted list at SJP, although he has recently denied handing in a transfer request. However, the suspicion remains at both Newcastle and Ewood Park that if the North-East club were to bid in the region of £4 million for the English international, then a deal could be done.

Herita Ilunga is keen on a move to Tyneside after telling Toulouse that he's ready to leave for pastures a new. Yet the Congo DR international remains only a second choice option—bought only if Warnock decides to remain under Paul Ince.

Sebastian Larsson could well be on his way up North, but there are conflicting stories coming out of St Andrew's. The Swede and his agent are ready to quit the Championship club, but their hierarchy remain keen on keeping their prize asset.

Focusing on what we have for the moment though, it seems Keegan has bought quality—even if it is only four new  arrivals. Bassong is one for the future so I'll leave him out of my analysis.

Jonas Gutierrez has the potential to become one of the Premiership's top widemen. His crosses at Real Mallorca were the main reason that Daniel Guiza claimed the Golden Boot—and with Oba Martins, Mark Viduka, and Michael Owen to aim at on Tyneside, goals could be plentiful next year.

In two sparkling home displays against PSV and Valencia, it already looks like we have ourselves a winner.

Danny Guthrie is a 21-year-old bag of energy, and has a lot of potential to become a box-to-box midfielder and fan favourite. He can run all day, has a good pass, and a powerful shot.

Signed for £2.5 million, he scored on his debut with a cracker before following up with a goal against PSV. Could be a bargain.

Fabio Coloccini is almost guaranteed to be a Newcastle player in the next few days, so he could line up against Manchester United on Sunday. The Argentine defender is a calming influence, one that Newcastle desperately need to bring Steven Taylor along.

He's a cool player who netted four goals last year. Keegan has spent £10 million on this lad so he must be good!

Hopefully more new faces will arrive in the next few weeks to join Keegan's quality additions. Just a few more and we're set for a good season.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Dont think he will sign until he knows Jonas is 100% signed!

Jonas IS signed!!! It's literally the fact that the Spanish club are holding is registration. He is our player, but a player who can't play competitive games as things stand.

So if fifa decide he got out of his contract illegally and order us to pay 10 mil in compo to Majorca and the south american club who have rights to him, it won't affect his position?

Guest neesy111

Dont think he will sign until he knows Jonas is 100% signed!

Jonas IS signed!!! It's literally the fact that the Spanish club are holding is registration. He is our player, but a player who can't play competitive games as things stand.

So if fifa decide he got out of his contract illegally and order us to pay 10 mil in compo to Majorca and the south american club who have rights to him, it won't affect his position?

i very much doubt that because it was us who brought FIFA in, if mallorca and velez we're convinced he did it illegally then they could of brought FIFA in months ago