Fabricio Coloccini signed from Deportivo La Coruña on 5 year deal

Cronky

Its not really fair on us the fans like FFS!Its getting very furstating now,would be nice for them to clear it up and let us know whats going on!

t'was ever thus for us older blokes. we didn't have 24hr bullshit feeding frenzys. all we had was the back page of the chronic announciong someone had come or gone.

(to be honest after living under both conditions i preferred the older way)

Its not really fair on us the fans like FFS!Its getting very furstating now,would be nice for them to clear it up and let us know whats going on!

t'was ever thus for us older blokes. we didn't have 24hr bullshit feeding frenzys. all we had was the back page of the chronic announciong someone had come or gone.

I'm probably not as old as you, infact i'm sure i'm not but my word do i wish it was like that now. If i took any notice of the media, they would spoil the game for me TBH.

The club has no obligation to inform the fans of every stage of a transfer. I'd rather hear about it when it happens.

Got to agree with that, pre-internet (one day that will have a similar meaning to BC) the first I usually knew about a signing was from Chronicle hoardings down the Bigg Market. No stress or tension involved in that at all, just a surprise - good or bad.

Guest neesy111

I mean Shearer signing went unnoticed until it happened didn't it?

that was all over the news that one

keegan is good at keeping transfers under wraps though

That was a quiet one until the deal was confirmed. I remember the only time we were even linked with Shearer was actually in the NotW the Sunday before he signed at the quote was £12m. :lol: I even remember an interview on some DVD with Beardsley saying no-one at the club even had a clue what was happening because Keegan boarded the plane to fly to the Far East, and then got off before they were due to depart.

That was a quiet one until the deal was confirmed. I remember the only time we were even linked with Shearer was actually in the NotW the Sunday before he signed at the quote was £12m. :lol: I even remember an interview on some DVD with Beardsley saying no-one at the club even had a clue what was happening because Keegan boarded the plane to fly to the Far East, and then got off before they were due to depart.

i knew the day before just lying round the pool on kos so it wasn't that quiet

Guest Howaythetoon

There is nothing official because the deal hasn't been fully completed yet. Medicals can take 3 days and if he only arrived in Newcastle today, it could well be Sunday when the deal finally gets completed. It will be wrapped up by Monday one way or another.

Has this fucker still not signed yet?  :rolleyes:

:lol:

For the record, I think he'll sign no problem at all and he'll be a good player for us. :)

He's just been 'on the brink' of signing for about a fortnight!  :lol:

There is nothing official because the deal hasn't been fully completed yet. Medicals can take 3 days and if he only arrived in Newcastle today, it could well be Sunday when the deal finally gets completed. It will be wrapped up by Monday one way or another.

Medicals can also take just a few hours. I don't think it has to be that thorough seeing as he played every minute last season, this isn't Damien Duff we're signing.

For the record, I think he'll sign no problem at all and he'll be a good player for us. :)

Roeder didn't scout Kuyt for this length of time.

Roeder didn't scout Kuyt for this length of time.

Stop it, you're scaring me.  :undecided:

Guest Howaythetoon

Medicals can also take just a few hours. I don't think it has to be that thorough seeing as he played every minute last season, this isn't Damien Duff we're signing.

From what I've heard our medicals are pretty stringent these days due to the number of injury prone players we've signed in the past, and are conducted in stages over 2 days, where the player pretty much gets a thorough going over. Medical details will also be needed, which could mean waiting for faxes, files to be posted and so on. My prediction is that the deal will be officially completed after the game, perhaps by a few hours.