Fabricio Coloccini signed from Deportivo La Coruña on 5 year deal

Cronky

http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/index.php

didnt realise they had an international following. GUess partly from their sucess a few seasons ago......bit like nufc tbh.

both clubs livingon past glories :p

btw ic they just got through the intertoto cup and are now in uefa.....ring any bells?   )

that part of spain (galicia) saw huge emigration round the world in the past, deportivo have a big following in argentina for this reason. go into a tapas bar in london and they're more likely to have deportivo memorabilia on the walls than stuff from real or barca.

From one of there fans

Exactly my thinking. He's a world class defender and if he was going to leave us, I'd prefer for a big team challenging for titles. Going to Newcastle would be a bad career move, even to Tottenham. The Premier League is simply not the league for him either, I can really imagine him struggling.

It does seem bizarre though that Colo has been declared unhappy and unwilling to go on the trip to Venezuela because he's ''desperate'' to move....to Newcastle. Only a few weeks ago Colo said himself that he is very happy here and wanted to stay. Like many have said here already, its probably just an agent ploy to get a better contract for his client. If it's not though and he does genuinely feel this way - let him go. There's no point keeping someone who is unhappy.(even though the club pretty much made him who he is today!)

It's sad that his life here could end this way.

From one of there fans

Exactly my thinking. He's a world class defender and if he was going to leave us, I'd prefer for a big team challenging for titles. Going to Newcastle would be a bad career move, even to Tottenham. The Premier League is simply not the league for him either, I can really imagine him struggling.

It does seem bizarre though that Colo has been declared unhappy and unwilling to go on the trip to Venezuela because he's ''desperate'' to move....to Newcastle. Only a few weeks ago Colo said himself that he is very happy here and wanted to stay. Like many have said here already, its probably just an agent ploy to get a better contract for his client. If it's not though and he does genuinely feel this way - let him go. There's no point keeping someone who is unhappy.(even though the club pretty much made him who he is today!)

How many times have we heard this over the last 2 months!

Just been reading that forum - when they got wind of an English club coming in for him the messages were on the lines of  - "Excellent - add 4-5m euros to any price!" :nope:

Still, they seem to have a lot of praise for the guy, though he took a while to settle.

From one of there fans

it's sad that fools like this guy feel they should have to support a team from spain just because daddy owns a Deportivo scarf, Honestly, what is it with these people

Guest icemanblue

From one of there fans

it's sad that fools like this guy feel they should have to support a team from spain just because daddy owns a Deportivo scarf, Honestly, what is it with these people

Been writing many more stories recently, Ronnie?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Wont happen today if it is going to happen, it will be tomorrow at the earliest as their president is a night owl and only negotiates at night.

I say a big IF as i dont think our new regime will be bullied into paying over the odds

Guest ObaStar

Sky sports said we are arguing over 1 millions euros. we offered 11 they want 12.  Its stupid to lose a player over 700,000 pounds. which is about how much Ramage would have made us if we had sold him.

Sky sports said we are arguing over 1 millions euros. we offered 11 they want 12.  Its stupid to lose a player over 700,000 pounds. which is about how much Ramage would have made us if we had sold him.

not really if the agent is to be believed .we have upped our offer several times and the chairman has raised his price several times.

i honestly don't know enough about the player to put a valuation on him.

It'd be daft to lose a player we want for £700k, but then it'd be daft to just cave in to their demands - especially if the agent is right and they're playing silly buggers about it. We need to strike a balance here, and I hope the failure to land Modric (for one?) tells them this.

Guest sicko2ndbest

not really if the agent is to be believed .we have upped our offer several times and the chairman has raised his price several times.

I've seen him play, he is no nonsence, typical Argy CH. The fact he is a good age and regular for the national team tells you all you need to know really. Top draw

Its as though everytime Depor need some cash to sort out their finances, one of their spurious players gets dangled in front of us and then we get bummed.

I'm sure this lad is different as he's actually been scouted but the whole thing does worry me. Their chairman is a right piece of work.

Guest sicko2ndbest

It'd be daft to lose a player we want for £700k, but then it'd be daft to just cave in to their demands - especially if the agent is right and they're playing silly buggers about it. We need to strike a balance here, and I hope the failure to land Modric (for one?) tells them this.

Throw in Shola?

I've seen him play, he is no nonsence, typical Argy CH. The fact he is a good age and regular for the national team tells you all you need to know really. Top draw

definitely, i hope we can sort it out

Guest sicko2ndbest

Up in Newcastle, Argentina defender Fabricio Coloccini is very, very happy to be swapping life at Deportivo La Coruna for a life shipping goals in the Newcastle defence. "Fabricio will join up with Newcastle on Tuesday, and is very happy with the situation," says his agent, who will be pretty happy with his cut of the £7m fee too.

Guardian

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/jul/29/tottenhamhotspur.manchestercity

New quotes?

Up in Newcastle, Argentina defender Fabricio Coloccini is very, very happy to be swapping life at Deportivo La Coruna for a life shipping goals in the Newcastle defence. "Fabricio will join up with Newcastle on Tuesday, and is very happy with the situation," says his agent, who will be pretty happy with his cut of the £7m fee too.

Guardian

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/jul/29/tottenhamhotspur.manchestercity

New quotes?

What the fudge?

Throw in Shola?

And what about the remaining £695k?

I heard it was about paying the fee upfront or in installments thats causing the hold up, not the amount just the way its paid.

Come on Mike pay the club lets get him here..

Have we had this one yet ?

Coloccini Could Walk Out On Depor - Agent

Goal.com, Switzerland - 15 minutes ago

Fabricio Coloccini's agent has stated that that the Deportivo defender may unilaterally cancel his contract with the club and walk out to join Newcastle ...

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=795735