Fabricio Coloccini signed from Deportivo La Coruña on 5 year deal

Cronky

Guest Thomo

LENDOIRO WILL TRAVEL TO VENEZUELA ON SATURDAY

01 Aug 2008 -- If the transfer of Coloccini to Newcastle United will finally take place, the operation must be completed during this day, because president Lendoiro has decided to travel to Venezuela on Saturday. If Depor’s boss leaves without any closed deal over the desk, the operation will not occur, at least in the short term.

Sportpaper AS was speculating on Thursday that president Augusto César Lendoiro might be using his trip to Venezuela as a ‘pressing manoeuvre’ over Newcastle United in order to accelerate the negotiations for defender Fabricio Coloccini. Now the trip of Depor’s president to the South American country has been confirmed. According to Radio Galega, the president will take a plane on Saturday and it’s speculated that if the operation isn’t completed at that time, the transfer will not take place, at least in the short term.

The positions remain clear: Lendoiro wants €12.5 million plus €2.5 million for objectives, while Newcastle United is just offering €11 million plus an additional million depending of the team’s achievements. Also, Depor Sport wrote on Wednesday’s issue the Galician club isn’t worry about the menace of Coloccini’s agent about using FIFA’s article 17 in order to obtain the player’s freedom. The cause is that any player wanting to use this rule, must inform FIFA about his intentions fifteen days before the end of the normal season, something that never happened.

Meanwhile, the rumours about possible replacements for Coloccini have continued to flow out. Now the main candidate is Diego Colotto (27). The captain of Atlas has been appointed as a primary target by sportpaper Marca and also by Galician paper La Opinión A Coruña. Lotina even talked about the case during an interview in Venezuela “We have looked the possibility of making a new signing and I already watched videos of him, more specifically two matches in which he participated. I watched the player in the plane that took us to Venezuela. He’s surely one of the candidates to replace Coloccini.” The Basque also explained why he likes the Argentinean players “They are aggressive and with a strong character.” The other two options that Lotina admitted as possible targets are Efsthatios Tavlaridis and Sotirios Kirgiatos.

LENDOIRO WILL TRAVEL TO VENEZUELA ON SATURDAY

01 Aug 2008 -- If the transfer of Coloccini to Newcastle United will finally take place, the operation must be completed during this day, because president Lendoiro has decided to travel to Venezuela on Saturday. If Depor’s boss leaves without any closed deal over the desk, the operation will not occur, at least in the short term.

Sportpaper AS was speculating on Thursday that president Augusto César Lendoiro might be using his trip to Venezuela as a ‘pressing manoeuvre’ over Newcastle United in order to accelerate the negotiations for defender Fabricio Coloccini. Now the trip of Depor’s president to the South American country has been confirmed. According to Radio Galega, the president will take a plane on Saturday and it’s speculated that if the operation isn’t completed at that time, the transfer will not take place, at least in the short term.

The positions remain clear: Lendoiro wants €12.5 million plus €2.5 million for objectives, while Newcastle United is just offering €11 million plus an additional million depending of the team’s achievements. Also, Depor Sport wrote on Wednesday’s issue the Galician club isn’t worry about the menace of Coloccini’s agent about using FIFA’s article 17 in order to obtain the player’s freedom. The cause is that any player wanting to use this rule, must inform FIFA about his intentions fifteen days before the end of the normal season, something that never happened.

Meanwhile, the rumours about possible replacements for Coloccini have continued to flow out. Now the main candidate is Diego Colotto (27). The captain of Atlas has been appointed as a primary target by sportpaper Marca and also by Galician paper La Opinión A Coruña. Lotina even talked about the case during an interview in Venezuela “We have looked the possibility of making a new signing and I already watched videos of him, more specifically two matches in which he participated. I watched the player in the plane that took us to Venezuela. He’s surely one of the candidates to replace Coloccini.” The Basque also explained why he likes the Argentinean players “They are aggressive and with a strong character.” The other two options that Lotina admitted as possible targets are Efsthatios Tavlaridis and Sotirios Kirgiatos.

It makes for an interesting precendent being set though, or the potential for one anyway. Lendoiro, according to Collocini's agent, pulled a similar move with another Primera club last Summer after an intial agreement had been reached. I think it was Zaragoza.

This surely must constitute 'restriction of trade/movement', especially if two clubs have met this 'alleged' 10m fee/agreement reached between player/agent & the club president. Lendoiro might not be concerned with any potential action being taken by FIFA, it's the European Union he should be worried about. If this stalemate continues, i can see the EU monitoring the situation and the possibilty is there that it may flex it's muscles by legislating & changing the width of the goal posts ie. deleting FIFA's '15 day window', and extending that window so it covers the Summer transfer window.

Either way though, Webster isn't good for football as it destroys the sanctity of a contract.

Keegan also responded to a direct question on the interest by Coloccini, but the technician of the Newcastle did not want to enter in detail on the negotiation. " I know the players who are between our objectives and in that subject I know just like the Spanish press. Nontenth nothing until a then signing closes itself and we will communicate it to means. That one is the form in which trabajamos" , Keegan argued.

Didn't see this bit quoted yesterday.  He seems to be implying that we are definitely in for Colo.  Not that we didn't know that already!

http://www.laopinioncoruna.es/secciones/noticia.jsp?pRef=2008080100_12_210585__Deportes-Lendoiro-mantiene-inmutable

No quotes, but just basically says the president has stayed (unlike was planned) to see the deal out either way. It says not much has changed and both clubs are sticking to their guns, so if they're right then maybe it's a sign he's starting to concede? Ie why stay if he's got absolutely no intention of negotiating.

http://www.laopinioncoruna.es/secciones/noticia.jsp?pRef=2008080100_12_210585__Deportes-Lendoiro-mantiene-inmutable

No quotes, but just basically says the president has stayed (unlike was planned) to see the deal out either way. It says not much has changed and both clubs are sticking to their guns, so if they're right then maybe it's a sign he's starting to concede? Ie why stay if he's got absolutely no intention of negotiating.

Hope so

I don't think so, I actually think that Leindoro is in a very good position here. Now we know he travels at the end of today and he's waiting to see if we're going to up it or not, even if that doesn't happen we could still do a deal after he comes back because then he might say lets do the deal as he then realises we won't go any higher.

I don't think so, I actually think that Leindoro is in a very good position here. Now we know he travels at the end of today and he's waiting to see if we're going to up it or not, even if that doesn't happen we could still do a deal after he comes back because then he might say lets do the deal as he then realises we won't go any higher.

I'm sure he will still be contactacle in Venezuela.

I'm sure he will still be contactacle in Venezuela.

He doesn't work like that mate, he's an awkward bastard, he won't do any negotiations unless he's in la coruna.

I think the deal will be done. No one else has come out of the woodwork to offer anything near what we have, which is what I think the president was hoping would happen, so it's time to do this thing.

The manager is already resigned to it and is happily looking for a replacement already.

Game over.

Guest neesy111

are all transfers with deportivo done face to face, when i last remembered most we're done over the phone.

My point was that he supposedly issued us an 'ultimatum' (AS's words) yesterday too and that came to nothing.

Guest taps01

I think the deal will be done. No one else has come out of the woodwork to offer anything near what we have, which is what I think the president was hoping would happen, so it's time to do this thing.

The manager is already resigned to it and is happily looking for a replacement already.

Game over.

I admire your optimism.

Guest sicko2ndbest

are all transfers with deportivo done face to face, when i last remembered most we're done over the phone.

I remember seeing a photo on the AS website with Shepherd & Hall around a table with their President and Luque's agent last time around.

I want to see that photo. That is one hell of a camera to get those two fat cunts in

I remember seeing a photo on the AS website with Shepherd & Hall around a table with their President and Luque's agent last time around.

I want to see that photo. That is one hell of a camera to get those two fat c***s in

They had it set to panorama

Guest neesy111

Good morning, I am getting a lot of positive vibes today.

not like me tbh, but I still believe this will go through this weekend, then i can ask the hairdresser for a coloccini next week O0

not like me tbh, but I still believe this will go through this weekend, then i can ask the hairdresser for a coloccini next week O0

You'll probably end up with a tube up your arse

I've already got one,  Hopefully the insults from charvers will end and it'll be more like "Here like,  look ower der, it's that Collocini bloke that plays for the toon."

Guest reefatoon

I've already got one,  Hopefully the insults from charvers will end and it'll be more like "Here like,  look ower der, it's that Collocini bloke that plays for the toon."

You have a ginger perm?  Snigger