Fabricio Coloccini signed from Deportivo La Coruña on 5 year deal

Cronky

Guest kingdawson

This is the one time i've really wanted us to snatch a player from you (modric was unexpected). I'm very pissed off that you're getting him. Brilliant signing.

It's worth the money just for that. ;)

Honestly though mate, he's been one of my favourite non spurs players for a while now. I've seen more than enough of him to comfortably say that he'll be a massive success in this league. He has absolutly no faults (except maybe that he's not exactly fast, but fast enough). His reading of the game is immense. No doubts he'll be a future captain at Newcastle.

The only other non spurs players in world football i like as much as Coloccini are Goran Pandev from Lazio and Angelo Palombo from Samp. Both will tear this league apart if given the chance

Good to hear :)

Not really as it's from kingdawson. ;)

My stamp of approval  is basically all you need.

You know I'm only jostling mate.

Yeh i know O0.

This is the one time i've really wanted us to snatch a player from you (modric was unexpected). I'm very pissed off that you're getting him. Brilliant signing.

Honestly though mate, he's been one of my favourite non spurs players for a while now. I've seen more than enough of him to comfortably say that he'll be a massive success in this league. He has absolutly no faults (except maybe that he's not exactly fast, but fast enough). His reading of the game is immense. No doubts he'll be a future captain at Newcastle.

The only other non spurs players in world football i like as much as Coloccini are Goran Pandev from Lazio and Angelo Palombo from Samp. Both will tear this league apart if given the chance

Yeh i know O0.

KingColoccini?

we know Martins Owen doesnt work.

Do we?

Precisely my thoughts. ??? How do we know it doesn't work. As far as i recall, they've played upfront together (as a partnership) about three times. At the very back end of Roeder's tenure, where he pissed about moving Owen to the wing. Also, Owen had just come back from that long-term cruciate injury.

I can imagine Keegan envisages playing Owen off Martins seeing as he wants to play with wingers this season.

Guest kingdawson

Yeh i know O0.

KingColoccini?

I'll definately change it if we sign him.

Yeh i know O0.

KingColoccini?

I'll definately change it if we sign him.

we'll never know...........you'll be "deleted"

i'm delighted this one looks like it is going through. when Keegan was announced in Jan and we were speculating about who he'd go for, i suggested Coloccini as the perfect centre-half for a keegan team and someone who we'd be able to attract. like kingdawson, if i had the pick of any centre-half in the world who we could reasonably buy, he'd probably be my first choice. good on the ball, big aerial presence, physical presence, a tough tackler. top top class.

i've been skeptical about ashley and co going that final extra mile when it comes to closing big deals and i was worried we'd either act tough and wait it out till august 31st or just pull out of negotiations altogether, but it seems they've done the right thing this time. hopefully theyve learned from the Modric failure and will go out and add another 2 or 3 players of Coloccini's calibre further up the pitch.

the rumours about Faye leaving i take with a pinch of salt. though at the end of last season during our good spell, i did notice Faye struggled with his distribution and ball control and since Keegan puts emphasis on playing it out from the back, maybe he doesnt rate him as high as some of us do.

I agree with that, we've seen from the time when Woodgate was here that a top centre back can totally transform the whole of the back four, at times last season there was no leader with the presence to lift the rest of them and it looked more like a group of individuals rather than an organised unit.

If Keegan could get Burdisso for a decent price I think he'll move Faye on and have Taylor and Bassong as back up.

Really think it would be totally needless bringing in another centre-back if we get Coloccini.

Well, I agree that it shouldn't be the top priority, but if we can get one who is better than Faye and Taylor, then I'm all for it. What I'm trying to say is that I don't mind Ashley spending his money.

Really think it would be totally needless bringing in another centre-back if we get Coloccini.

oi, if we can afford £5m for Burdisso then we need to get him. Great player, played with Colo. I have limited faith in Faye and Taylor, lets not go there

oi, if we can afford £5m for Burdisso then we need to get him. Great player, played with Colo. I have limited faith in Faye and Taylor, lets not go there

"Oi" ? :lol:

If we can afford it then sure. Like Thewellander said, i'm happy to see Ashley spend. But i'd rather be sure that there's another midfielder/striker coming through the door before i see another centre-back coming in. I'm different to you though in that i think Faye is a good defender and having Taylor and Caçapa as backup is a nice prospect.

"Oi" ? :lol:

If we can afford it then sure. Like Thewellander said, i'm happy to see Ashley spend. But i'd rather be sure that there's another midfielder/striker coming through the door before i see another centre-back coming in. I'm different to you though in that i think Faye is a good defender and having Taylor and Caçapa as backup is a nice prospect.

I also think Faye is a good defender, but for the first time in god knows how many seasons i'd like to start the season with a defence that we have real confidence in, a defence that'll last a good few seasons. Enrique and Beye are great and Coloccini's in my top fifteen CB's in the world. It would be fantastic to just draw a line under that bloody defence with another capable, classy youngish player

that said, if there is only money for another 2 players, I'd go with a striker and midfielder. But hopefully not eh?  O0

Are we really getting one of the best centre-backs in the world? :D

This is mint.

you not seen him play? he's not quite Rio Ferdinand or Al Nesta but he's up there with Cannavaro, Terry, Bramble and Puyol

Guest ObaStar

This is mint.

you not seen him play? he's not quite Rio Ferdinand or Al Nesta but he's up there with Cannavaro, Terry, Bramble and Puyol

should be in the first group with rio tbh

This is mint.

:lol: :clap:

I very, very rarely watch La Liga - well, anything other than the Premier League if i'm honest. Seen him for Argentina but obviously not enough to develop a substantial opinion. He's always been a 'name' though. :D

Coloccini in to start at CB, cover for RB

Bassong in to cover for LB and CB

Enrique - Faye - Coloccini - Baye

Bassong - Taylor - Cacapa/Edgar - Coloccini

dear God, I never thought I'd say this but... out defence is completely sorted.