Title Chances

Shearer9
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest ObaStar

manure/ chelsea

manure/chelsea

arsenal

aston villa/spurs/liverpool/citeh

wow what a prediction. honestly are there any other options you failed to mention? you might as well finish it and put the other 13 teams with slashies for the other 13 spots

If Man Utd get Berbatov and manage to keep hold of Ronaldo, they'll be unstoppable.

they cant possibly be this lucky with injurys etc with all the games they play a season.

Guest ObaStar

My predictions:

1.Chelski

2. Man U

3. Arsenal

4. Everton

5. Liverpool

6. Toon

7. Portsmouth

Liverpool has signed about 8 strikers since 2000 who have meant to be the final piece. (Diouf, Cisse, that spanish bloke forgotten his name, Baros etc) Even Torres who exceeded expectations was meant to take them to the top

Guest stjamestoon

Chelsea for me, think the thing with Manu, and rooney not exactly looking slim at the moment , and the fact chelsea seem to really have strengthened...think manu will have a tougher time!

If Keane scores 20 goals, Torres gets 30 and Gerrard gets 20 Liverpool are going to be an altogether different proposition in terms of the title.

:nope:

Never going to happen.

And if my ma had balls she'd be my da! All if's, and's & but's!

Man United

Chelsea

Arsenal

Tottenham

LIVERPOOL - so no, will they fuck win the league. 1 player doesnt win you the league ffs. they need at least another 2 defenders and a midfielder to come close to winning the fucker.

I think people in this thread are underrating Keane.  This is a man who scored 15 goals and set up 7 last year while accommodating Berbatov in a team that had a shit beginning and end of the season.  Believe me, I'm no Spurs apologist, but Keane is a very good option for Liverpool.  I think we may find that Rooney-Tevez is the only partnership that's better than Keane-Torres next year.  Obviously, I don't expect them to win the league, but this is a big step in the right direction. 

I'm also surprised that so many people have so much faith in Scolari.  This is a man who's club managerial experience amounts to teams in the Brazilian league and teams in the middle east.  I think he's a great manager, and he was the best choice for Chelsea, but that's a totally unknown situation for me, Roman is still going to be middling and Lampard and Drogba obviously really liked Mourinho and are at least somewhat unsettled. 

I think people in this thread are underrating Keane.  This is a man who scored 15 goals and set up 7 last year while accommodating Berbatov in a team that had a shit beginning and end of the season.  Believe me, I'm no Spurs apologist, but Keane is a very good option for Liverpool.  I think we may find that Rooney-Tevez is the only partnership that's better than Keane-Torres next year.  Obviously, I don't expect them to win the league, but this is a big step in the right direction. 

I don't know, from what I've seen of Keane (admittedly not enough) he doesn't seem to be the kind of player that would do well in Rafa's rotation system. I won't deny his ability, but I don't think he'll fit in well enough to justify the fee they paid.

Think people rate Scolari based on his INT experience. Chelsea are a team with an international at every position (I think).

Man United

Chelsea

Arsenal

Tottenham

LIVERPOOL - so no, will they f*** win the league. 1 player doesnt win you the league ffs. they need at least another 2 defenders and a midfielder to come close to winning the fucker.

This is exactly the same as all last summer - Tottenham included at the top in predictions. whereas I said they would be down near the bottom.

They were down at the very bottom for much of last season, and just reached mid-table by the end.

They did as pathetically as we did.

This coming season they will - as ever - be down at the bottom. Their two "blip" seasons that ended in 5th are a distant memory.

Don't suppose that will stop some including them at the top again though!!!!!!!!!!

It's easy to forget that that although they had a suspect manager, injuries to important players and some internal unrest, Chelsea came withing 2 points of winning the league.  With Scolari now in charge and with their new signings they will be even better than last year.

Added to that ManU relied a lot on Ronaldo and he's not going to repeat last years performance, so they need others to contribute more or they will slip behind Chelsea.

It's easy to forget that that although they had a suspect manager, injuries to important players and some internal unrest, Chelsea came withing 2 points of winning the league.  With Scolari now in charge and with their new signings they will be even better than last year.

Added to that ManU relied a lot on Ronaldo and he's not going to repeat last years performance, so they need others to contribute more or they will slip behind Chelsea.

By the same token Arsenal only finished four points off the pace and for a long period were looking nailed on for the title. Everyone seems to forget them.

Man United but with Chelsea pushing them all the way. Then I would imagine a gap with then Liverpool 3rd, Arsenal 4th. Depends on injuries and what not though. Arsenal need to replace Flamini and Gilberto and refrain from playing Eboue & Senderos to be in with a chance of winning the league and Liverpool need to get knocked out all of the cups at the first hurdle to be in with a chance.