Newcastle United 2-1 Valencia - 09/08/08 - Post Match Reaction from Page 22

Dave

Although its a disgrace to booo Smithy out, he deserves it, cause to be honest i dont care how much of a newcastle player he is, hes only here to be sucking money out of our club cause even he knows he sucks and should retire. Im sorry but hes just been woeful lately and maybe that will give him something to think about and try harder!

We cant try to be sympathic all the time! I mean if he doesnt have the talent to play too bad at least try smithy doesnt he just stands there like a big piece of dumbs****.

FACKIT IM TIRED

what a load of s****...if he's sucking money out the club they all are...so booo the f***ing lot of them.

Ye maybe i am talking loads of shit but maybe we should be booing the lot. Im tired of this and i hope that this season this crazy omega BS ends and that we finally for the very first time since SBR make a good run. Im tired of seeing this team produce so bad result, and i hate loving this team so much. Sometimes i just feel like i cant take it anymore and seeing a player like Smith makes me wanna break my computer or TV. I just cant stand out with guys like him who does shit at all and still earns 50,000 a week. Its time to end this and i have loads of faith in Ashley.

Sorry being extreme but i just think that Smith doesnt deserve to play in the Newcastle team. He's awful and i dont know if im tired but i never express myself in this way and i absolutely hate people who do it to, but he FREAKING DESERVES TO BE BOOOOOOOOED!

Suicide watch.

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

Although its a disgrace to booo Smithy out, he deserves it, cause to be honest i dont care how much of a newcastle player he is, hes only here to be sucking money out of our club cause even he knows he sucks and should retire. Im sorry but hes just been woeful lately and maybe that will give him something to think about and try harder!

We cant try to be sympathic all the time! I mean if he doesnt have the talent to play too bad at least try smithy doesnt he just stands there like a big piece of dumbs****.

FACKIT IM TIRED

Support Sunderland your di****ad.

Shows how strong La Liga must be if that Valencia side finished 10th last season. Either that or they had massive injury problems. Good side with some cracking players.

they had a crazy manager. had koeman been in charge for the whole season they would've been relegated with matches to spare.

they're also several hundred million €uros in debt which is why people suggested raiding the club for their players.

Shows how strong La Liga must be if that Valencia side finished 10th last season. Either that or they had massive injury problems. Good side with some cracking players.

they had a crazy manager. had koeman been in charge for the whole season they would've been relegated with matches to spare.

they're also several hundred million €uros in debt which is why people suggested raiding the club for their players.

With this team they are way better than the last seasons position. As said they did´t had the best coach.

They are definitely going to compete for the Champions League spot this year.

:D :D :D....haha. Good atleast we got that sorted out, good to know most of you agree with me to be honest. Wanted to see how many would jump on such a stupid argument. Was on a vandalizing run yesterday here on the forums and wanted to see the result this morning. Glad to see not that many or dickw***s

And honestly i dont understand why you would boo someone in a friendly just cause he's shit. Smith is like you guys said, a Newcastle player and it doesnt matter who it is.

Now let's hope that we get that needed confidence boost from the Valencia match and go take a point in Manchester next week.

Guest stjamestoon

On the picth you either support all of the team or you don't support the team at all. Booing affects the whole team.

Smith is a clean living honest pro. Yes, he may not have worked out right for us but, we have a paper thin squad and booing isn't the answer. What must Colocinni been thinking in the stands - booing at a player in a friendly - ffs.

Yeah its not gonna exactly make us look attractive as a club is it...not good.

I heard the boos on whilst listening on the radio. I'm no Smith fan, but it was a ridiculous reaction by some in the ground. The lad's done nothing to deserve it - unlike Barton who will more than likely be cheered when he returns to the side.

If Smith does go - I wish him well. He's an honest player, but it's just not worked out for him here.

No matter how Sh*t they are I would not boo a player that plays for us after all if he stays and we have to rely on him for goals his confidence will be shot and getting hammered from his own fans isnt going to help that.

Pathetic we have enough grief off the press without helping them write there storys

Aslong as a player sports the NUFC badge they will never get a booing from me, and quite rightly, they shouldnt from any other fan.

At the end of the day we support Newcastle United, not the 'sometimes' useless players that turn out onto the pitch.

Guest mobiius

Aslong as a player sports the NUFC badge they will never get a booing from me, and quite rightly, they shouldnt from any other fan.

At the end of the day we support Newcastle United, not the 'sometimes' useless players that turn out onto the pitch.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

this booing thing.. what's so significant about that?

.. after an awful last season, Smith started this one with equally inadequate performances and I can understand the people who wanted to make their feelings known at the game.

And some of you seem concerned with the moral side of it.. 'we don't boo our own players', 'fickle fans'.. which I agree with in general, but in Smith's case all this is completely irrelevant, because nobody wants him here..

anyway, f*** that.. I'm pleased with last night's game and most of all with our desire to win.

Some of the players seemed well up for it yesterday and I really hope that they'll keep this positive mindset on till next week, because it's been a long time, since we've seen our team go out at Old Trafford with any genuine belief in themselves.

haven't even seen the goals yet.  Thought SSN would show them, but they aren't.  Instead they're showing goals from a 4-4 draw between Marseille and Rennes.

PS.  Taiwo did put the cross in for one Marseille goal.

They showed them last night.

Guest Phil K

If Smith does go - I wish him well. He's an honest player, but it's just not worked out for him here.

Well said - I think Smith has been an absolute overpaid disaster for Newcastle - but, unlike the likes of Dyer & Jenas & others he doesn't deserve the booing. If you're going to boo anyone, boo Allardyce for buying him. No shortage of effort from Smith, no dodgy sick notes.

I'd say the perpetrators should hang their heads in shame, but they'll be too PEABRAINED to realize how moronic they are.

Shouldn't our manager's opinion - one of the greatest men ever to be associated with Newcastle - count more than that of certain spectators.

From what I've seen Smith has woefully underperformed for us by the standards of the England international we bought from manu, however I played in quite a few teams where the lads who were most popular and worked hardest for the team were not the eye catching favourites.

Keegan said :-

"He's a smashing lad, he's very very popular at the club and he can play in a lot of different positions, so he's a valuable player for us."

I may not necessarily agree, but I'm gonna concede that Keegan's opinion is the one that counts.

Shouldn't our manager's opinion - one of the greatest men ever to be associated with Newcastle - count more than that of certain spectators.

From what I've seen Smith has woefully underperformed for us by the standards of the England international we bought from manu, however I played in quite a few teams where the lads who were most popular and worked hardest for the team were not the eye catching favourites.

"He's a smashing lad, he's very very popular at the club and he can play in a lot of different positions, so he's a valuable player for us."

I may not necessarily agree, but I'm gonna concede that Keegan's opinion is the one that counts.

I trust Keegan to the end of the Universe, he makes decisions and I stand by what he says because he's the manager and I trust he knows what he's doing. But if he keeps Alan Smith, he's making a big mistake. The guy has proven that he's a waste of a player.

this booing thing.. what's so significant about that?

.. after an awful last season, Smith started this one with equally inadequate performances and I can understand the people who wanted to make their feelings known at the game.

And some of you seem concerned with the moral side of it.. 'we don't boo our own players', 'fickle fans'.. which I agree with in general, but in Smith's case all this is completely irrelevant, because nobody wants him here..

Thank god you're in the minority.

I trust Keegan to the end of the Universe, he makes decisions and I stand by what he says because he's the manager and I trust he knows what he's doing. But if he keeps Alan Smith, he's making a big mistake. The guy has proven that he's a waste of a player.

I would´t read too much in to that. Keegan isen´t blind. Of course he knows that he isn´t good enough. He´s just not the manager that gives the press any negative comments about his players.

So what was the formation?

4-4-2.

Martins and Duff up front, Milner on the right and Guttierez on the left. Butt and Guthrie in the middle.

--------------Martins--Duff

Guttierez---Butt---Guthrie---Milner

N'Zogbia--Taylor--Cacapa---Beye

-----------------Given

So what was the formation?

4-4-2.

Martins and Duff up front, Milner on the right and Guttierez on the left. Butt and Guthrie in the middle.

--------------Martins--Duff

Guttierez---Butt---Guthrie---Milner

N'Zogbia--Taylor--Cacapa---Beye

-----------------Given

Yeah but strange enough Duff seemed to be more forward than Martins, Oba put Duff through a couple of times with some cracking passes, surely we would have been better off it being the other way. Not to worry though WE WON!!