Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

suppose i didn't word it very well, was really laughing at the 'fickleness' (me included) of it all, obviously i hope he comes good for us but a week ago i wouldn't have entertained the idea of him being in the squad.

Quite impressed with Ranger.  Good with his back to goal, I forgot that his hold up play is half decent.  Looked fairly quick, showed the odd bit of skill and nearly got in behind a few times.  Long way to go obviously, but if he can stay fit, he offers as much of an impact off the bench as Shola IMO and he's a different type of player.

My comments in the post match thread.  Surprised he didn't burn out more.  Looked rusty at times, but kept his workrate up for the whole game.  Even showed signs of awareness by bringing others into play or trying a bit of skill to nothing and winning corners. 

If Pardew is happy he's turned the corner.  Then whilst he is turning up on time and staying out of trouble, I'm all for him being considered for selection.

Can guarantee that'll all change soon enough though sadly.  Clearly has talent, but it's going to be wasted. 

Shit or bust time for Nile. I was impressed with his work rate last night.

Not really, he's happy picking up his wage, we're still looking to sell. It's just whether he'll find a move before his contract runs out that is the only variable. He's nowhere near good enough as proven again last night.

s*** or bust time for Nile. I was impressed with his work rate last night.

Not really, he's happy picking up his wage, we're still looking to sell. It's just whether he'll find a move before his contract runs out that is the only variable. He's nowhere near good enough as proven again last night.

Who was though? did anyone prove themselves last night, for me he was the best of a bad bunch. Shola was turgid, as was Marveux. Willo/Perch/Fergie.I think its slightly  unfair to completely write him off after one game, and surely the same could be said of anyone who played last night?

Bigi and Elliott were alright, that's all. I'm not writing him off after one game I'm writing him off on the basis of his career to date.

Who was though? did anyone prove themselves last night, for me he was the best of a bad bunch. Shola was turgid, as was Marveux. Willo/Perch/Fergie.I think its slightly  unfair to completely write him off after one game, and surely the same could be said of anyone who played last night?

Bigi and Elliott were alright, that's all. I'm not writing him off after one game I'm writing him off on the basis of his career to date.

"Not good enough as proven yesterday". In a decent game for him, beinh one of the better performers :lol:

Sure, dislike him because he's a twat, but that just not true at all.

"Not good enough as proven yesterday". In a decent game for him, beinh one of the better performers :lol:

Sure, dislike him because he's a twat, but that just not true at all.

He was distinctly average in a team of poor performers. 5 or 6/10 at best, do I class that as a good performance? No.

He still seems like a better option off the bench than Shola or Sammy. He has the speed and power to cause players some type of problem. He probably won't score, but his running will open spaces late in games when players are tired.

The player he should/could be now had he not been a titanium tit, so much potential he looked a real player last night even if not match fit or sharp. His chance for some redemption whilst we have injuries, he blows this chance then fk him.

Sure, dislike him because he's a t***, but that just not true at all.

He was distinctly average in a team of poor performers. 5 or 6/10 at best, do I class that as a good performance? No.

That's not really what I was getting at though. You can't say his performance against Bordeaux proves he's not good enough. That's not true at all. Been ages since he played, he's still young, and he was one of the better performers - if not "good".  Bit hard to shine too with our missing tactics and horrible form.

Holds the ball up better than Shola and I thought he did well last night.  The rest were mainly crap. Sameobi just runs with blinkers on, has no vision or awareness and his big brother falls on his arse evertime someone comes within 5 yards.  Pardew talks about putting some of them out on loan, he should pt Shola out to graze.  I didn't even see a drop of sweat on him last night which is the norm for him

• 4 weeks later...

Forget the circus around him for a minute...

I thought he was quite good when he came on. Holds the ball up infinitely better than Shola does these days. Could have made more of an impact had he had more minutes on the pitch. If he's earned a reprieve from Pardew then we'll need to see more of him at some point. I'd start him away at Brighton and give him the opportunity to have a go against championship players.

I hope we won't need him fighting for survival, but if we do, it's best that he's ready. Fuck knows we need every fucker who can run and kick a ball.

Forget the circus around him for a minute...

I thought he was quite good when he came on. Holds the ball up infinitely better than Shola does these days. Could have made more of an impact had he had more minutes on the pitch. If he's earned a reprieve from Pardew then we'll need to see more of him at some point. I'd start him away at Brighton and give him the opportunity to have a go against championship players.

I hope we won't need him fighting for survival, but if we do, it's best that he's ready. Fuck knows we need every fucker who can run and kick a ball.

Agreed, done more in 10 minutes than Shola did in 90. Won stuff in the air, showed a bit of pace and willingness to get involved.

I'd play him at Brighton saturday as i think we shouldn't be risking anyone at all on saturday.

Guest firetotheworks

His presence personifies the ridiculous position that we're in. A team that finished fifth playing this absolute mug the following season. It's unforgivable.

His presence personifies the ridiculous position that we're in. A team that finished fifth playing this absolute mug the following season. It's unforgivable.

That's very true, but what choice do we have now? He plays the way Shola should be playing but isn't.