Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

People say he's got talent but has he? He hardly looked lethal in the games he's played missed a few sitters, scored one tap in and one that you'd hope a striker would score. If on top of that he's being a c*** and with the latest claims of bother with Simpson just get him a train ticket to his 'Endz' and let him be on his way.

He has shown good ability to hold the ball up and at times good vision even if he should have been more selfish. When he was last getting half a run in the team Carroll looked about as prolific as a rich tea biscuit the differrence is Carroll was given a good run started banging them in for fun. Should be a lesson in that.

Carroll's run of games were in the Premier League not the Championship.

They weren't like, up until January, Carroll was falling well short of what we needed even in the CCC.

true but at least even in his worst times he looked a remote goal threat, ranger does not

Opinion - I've seen Ranger miss a number of good chances and score twice. In my eyes "not being a goal threat" is someone like Leon Best who is so awful that he doesn't get chances. Ranger's only started 7 games and is 19 years old (today!) ffs. Talk about being written off.

Up until the end of January, Carroll had only four goals and was starting most games.

Right but Leon Best for about 10 for an ok Coventry side, could you see Ranger doing that? Also note Best isn't going round town making a complete t*** of himself.

Leon Best's 23 with at least three seasons of playing week-in, week-out in the Championship under his belt for Christ's sake. Can you honestly not see the difference?

I'm failing to see where I said Best was a better striker than Ranger or 'more of a threat' I commented SOLELY on Ranger's performances. So 'for christ sake' can you not see the difference. Ranger is an average striker that will dip between L1 and CCC for the rest of his career partly due to his sheer lack of professionalism.

You said "can you see Ranger doing that?"

Yes, because he's a miles better player than Best is.

25 games 2 goals scored. Miles better? O0 :facepalm:

You're thinking of Andy Carroll.

You'll have to point out these 25 games to me - starts. You can tell fuck all from cameo appearances when the game is often dead or teams have 11 men behind the ball.

I can give you 31 starts from Leon Best last season, and his 2 goals.

Andy Carroll you wanted to peddle for the same reason?

Guest Heneage

People say he's got talent but has he? He hardly looked lethal in the games he's played missed a few sitters, scored one tap in and one that you'd hope a striker would score. If on top of that he's being a c*** and with the latest claims of bother with Simpson just get him a train ticket to his 'Endz' and let him be on his way.

He has shown good ability to hold the ball up and at times good vision even if he should have been more selfish. When he was last getting half a run in the team Carroll looked about as prolific as a rich tea biscuit the differrence is Carroll was given a good run started banging them in for fun. Should be a lesson in that.

They weren't like, up until January, Carroll was falling well short of what we needed even in the CCC.

true but at least even in his worst times he looked a remote goal threat, ranger does not

Opinion - I've seen Ranger miss a number of good chances and score twice. In my eyes "not being a goal threat" is someone like Leon Best who is so awful that he doesn't get chances. Ranger's only started 7 games and is 19 years old (today!) ffs. Talk about being written off.

Up until the end of January, Carroll had only four goals and was starting most games.

Right but Leon Best for about 10 for an ok Coventry side, could you see Ranger doing that? Also note Best isn't going round town making a complete t*** of himself.

Leon Best's 23 with at least three seasons of playing week-in, week-out in the Championship under his belt for Christ's sake. Can you honestly not see the difference?

I'm failing to see where I said Best was a better striker than Ranger or 'more of a threat' I commented SOLELY on Ranger's performances. So 'for christ sake' can you not see the difference. Ranger is an average striker that will dip between L1 and CCC for the rest of his career partly due to his sheer lack of professionalism.

25 games 2 goals scored. Miles better?  O0 :facepalm:

You'll have to point out these 25 games to me - starts. You can tell f*** all from cameo appearances when the game is often dead or teams have 11 men behind the ball.

So now you're going off last season? Oh Wullie give over man. Just accept it the hyped up Nile Ranger is an average striker that will ned up getting released, be it because of his own stupidity and throwing away potential talent, or because he gets himself in too much bother off the field.

Those 25 games will probably add up to 6 or 7 in total and they've been spread over most of the season.

Best look shit, Ranger can't keep himself out of trouble long enough to be considered for the first team.  Presumably if he had shown any improvement in his attitude he might have featured more since Christmas.

Both will be little/no use to us as things stand next season.

You'll have to point out these 25 games to me - starts. You can tell f*** all from cameo appearances when the game is often dead or teams have 11 men behind the ball.

So now you're going off last season? Oh Wullie give over man. Just accept it the hyped up Nile Ranger is an average striker that will ned up getting released, be it because of his own stupidity and throwing away potential talent, or because he gets himself in too much bother off the field.

Okie doke.

Best look shit, Ranger can't keep himself out of trouble long enough to be considered for the first team.  Presumably if he had shown any improvement in his attitude he might have featured more since Christmas.

What's this based on? ???

The club have done well to keep out of the public domain since it's presumably worse than ABH and breaking a teammate's jaw if it's keeping him out of the team.

What's this based on? ???

The club have done well to keep out of the public domain since it's presumably worse than ABH and breaking a teammate's jaw if it's keeping him out of the team.

The difference is that Carroll was in the team & doing the business, which like it or not makes it's an awful lot easier to stay in the team.

You must have heard the stories about Ranger, time keeping and attitude to training being major ones, as well as the bother with Simpson.  The training stuff will make a massive difference to the manager.

Other stories have even been posted on here direct from the other players' mouths and been deleted.  If you want to choose not to believe them that's up to you. :dontknow:

Your second paragraph is pretty childish tbh.

I haven't heard anything specific about what Ranger has been up to but it must be really bad when the people who stuck up for Carroll have a problem with Ranger.

I've not stuck up for Carroll, but have stuck up for the decision to continue to pick him since the story broke.  That's me sticking up for a manager who, as you well know, I'm not particularly keen on. 

I've said for weeks that Ranger should have had more pitch time, but it's got to the point where you have to think their must be something in the stories, unless he's just not considered good enough, or ready.

I've not stuck up for Carroll, but have stuck up for the decision to continue to pick him since the story broke.  That's me sticking up for a manager who, as you well know, I'm not particularly keen on. 

I've said for weeks that Ranger should have had more pitch time, but it's got to the point where you have to think their must be something in the stories, unless he's just not considered good enough, or ready.

I know how you feel but the stories about Ranger don't come even close to any of the 3 main problems which Carroll has had.  If Ranger isn't getting games because of his attitude then neither should Barton or Carroll get games because of what those two have done while employed by the club.  I would rather our players turned up late for training than went out fighting in the middle of Liverpool or sticking a glass into somebody’s face or breaking a team mates jaw, allegedly.

I would prefer it if the players did turn up on time and had good attitudes but on a scale of things, it’s nothing.

Has anyone actually thought that there just isn't a place for him on the bench rather than jumping to the conclusion that he's done something wrong? Although I'd rather have him on the bench over Best, Hughton isn't going to drop his own signing from the squad.

Has anyone actually thought that there just isn't a place for him on the bench rather than jumping to the conclusion that he's done something wrong? Although I'd rather have him on the bench over Best, Hughton isn't going to drop his own signing from the squad.

Makes sense.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

The only thing I can think of is that Ranger has said something stupid, possibly saying a coach/team mate/Manager is shit/a twat/etc. While that isn't as bad as Carroll's actions, its going to do yourself some harm amongst your teammates and management.

Guest BooBoo

Disappointing that he hasnt really made any progress since Christmas. Its been said numerous times, but he needs sending out on loan next season to a Championship club to see what he's really got.

It is easy saying we need to send him out on loan but it is not as simple as that.

Someone needs to want him and he has to want to go.

Fuck what he wants.

Someone will want him, we'll just send them 115 pages of nonsense, shouldn't be too hard to find.

He's a talent all right, but I was beginning to wonder why he actually seemed to be slipping out of favour, rather than progressing. Hughton seemed to be preparing him for more and more first team action at one stage.

Major attitude problems would explain the decline in his standing. I'd hate to see him go, but if he's causing problems behind the scenes then there's no choice.