Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

when did Smith look good? must have missed that...

Kadar looks promising. i think over the next 3 years or so he could establish himself as a good premiership player if he keeps his head down and works hard.

I totally agree with that. He seems to have an air of calmness about his play as well. Although he'll probably struggle to get a chance under Hughton.

Kadar seemingly has a lot of confidence too - that shot against Bristol City was surprising to say the least, and I like his touches on the ball. He's a very calm player which is odd for one so young.

A 19 year old central defender written off having had one iffy game, says it all. Nobody is claiming he's ready right now, man.

Hopefully a few more of our games will be streamed next season and we won't have to endure this guff.

Guest guinness_fiend

Ranger has been decent everytime I've watched him. 

Perhaps he hasn't scored as many as he should've, but he's strong on the ball and holds it up well, as well as being quite tidy in the air.  He was largely ineffective last season simply due to the fact that he was played upfront on his own for a lot of the time.  A Carroll and Ranger partnership could work nicely, with Ranger holding up the ball and supplying Killer, who could turn out to be quite the poacher in the Premiership.

Sometimes I think I preferred life before the internet.  At least I could laugh off pub conversations with people and blame things that were said on drink.  Everyone is a critic I guess.  It's nice to see that, following our return to a proper league, we're already hellbent on belittling our players before a ball has even been kicked.  Well done lads.  Pat yourselves on the back.

A 19 year old central defender written off having had one iffy game, says it all. Nobody is claiming he's ready right now, man.

Hopefully a few more of our games will be streamed next season and we won't have to endure this guff.

You're writing off a 19 year old forward who hasn't had a bad game, hypocrite.

A 19 year old forward who cannot shoot or head and has an attitude problem. There's the difference, Magoo.

Like I said, you're writing off a 19 year old forward who hasn't had a bad game, you're a hypocrite.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

This thread is like the polar opposite of the Andy Carroll one.

Its starts off with everyone loving him and ends with everyone thinking he's a dick and a total waste of space, where as thats how Andy Carroll's started.

A 19 year old forward who cannot shoot or head and has an attitude problem. There's the difference, Magoo.

Like I said, you're writing off a 19 year old forward who hasn't had a bad game, you're a hypocrite.

He's had fucking plenty. He should have been confined to the reserves after that QPR game at home.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I've been impressed with Kadar everytime I've seen him. Considering his age I'd say there's a Reasonable chance he'll come good.

The only concerns I have about Kadar are balls in the air, but he seems a good prospect - where as Ranger seems to be throwing it all away, sadly.

Its starts off with everyone loving him and ends with everyone thinking he's a dick and a total waste of space, where as thats how Andy Carroll's started.

Thanks for stating the obvious DICKHEAD

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

http://tottenhamonmymind.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/vic_bob_handbags.jpg

Sorry, Nile? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/mike65/Vic_Bob_Handbags.jpg

:lol: Just thought I'd get involved a little.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Sorry, Nile? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/mike65/Vic_Bob_Handbags.jpg

:lol: Just thought I'd get involved a little.

;D A very Liam Gallagher way to get involved too!

Too early to give up on either, Ranger needs a loan and a run of games to see what he's capable of.

Same old problem with Newcastle though isn't it, not playing their youngsters and not loaning them out therefore stopping their careers until they move on. It's all good signing these prospects but if you don't use them correctly they wither away and lose years and the promise they once had and why regular players with less skills catch up.

Kadar had a few opportunities and took them imo, looks certain to be Premiership quality, though sitting on the bench and getting a couple of starts in league cup games is going to undo all the hard work. He's already had a big injury setback, lets not ruin him by keeping him on the bench and refusing to loan him out because were too tight to buy backup players to fill in until Kadar and the likes are ready.

Forster, Krul, Kadar, Ranger, LuaLua, Tozer and possibly Vuckic all need loaning out preferably all to the Championship or higher league one, imagine that lot all with 30-40 games at that level behind them?

Guest BooBoo

Rangers looks a poor finisher so far from what I've seen but agree he needs a season of regular football in the Championship to judge fully if he's worth keeping.

Too early to give up on either, Ranger needs a loan and a run of games to see what he's capable of.

Same old problem with Newcastle though isn't it, not playing their youngsters and not loaning them out therefore stopping their careers until they move on. It's all good signing these prospects but if you don't use them correctly they wither away and lose years and the promise they once had and why regular players with less skills catch up.

Kadar had a few opportunities and took them imo, looks certain to be Premiership quality, though sitting on the bench and getting a couple of starts in league cup games is going to undo all the hard work. He's already had a big injury setback, lets not ruin him by keeping him on the bench and refusing to loan him out because were too tight to buy backup players to fill in until Kadar and the likes are ready.

Forster, Krul, Kadar, Ranger, LuaLua, Tozer and possibly Vuckic all need loaning out preferably all to the Championship or higher league one, imagine that lot all with 30-40 games at that level behind them?

Imo, neither Tozer or LuaLua will ever be Premiership quality.

Ranger has a chance to be but he's pissing it all away.

Krul, Forster, Kadar and Vuckic will all have a career in the top flight with us hopefully. Forster will be loaned out this season I think, but Kadar and Vuckic might be involved with the first team, the latter depending on how he does in pre-season.

Rangers looks a poor finisher so far from what I've seen but agree he needs a season of regular football in the Championship to judge fully if he's worth keeping.

Aye his finishing definitely appears to be his weak point. He's good with his back to goal and bringing others into play though.

agreed...from what i hear Vuckic might end up being the biggest disappointment of how we handle younger players should he get a move before we inevitably destroy him for good