Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Probably would be coke? Would be surprised if footballers would settle for the less glamourous, cheaper substitute.

Was definately mephedrone. He seems to be quite involved in it.

Probably would be coke? Would be surprised if footballers would settle for the less glamourous, cheaper substitute.

But if it supposedly doesn't show up on drug tests...

Didn't think about that, fair enough (well not fair enough to ranger but i accept your argument). Will keep a look out on facebook see if he gets tagged in anything interesting  :cheesy:

Bad news that. A young player who's trying to make it in the game shouldn't be anywhere near that stuff, not saying a senior player should either like but you'd think a youngster aspiring to make it wouldnt dream of it.

I think he's got the potential, would hate to see him piss it all up the wall. He needs do go out on loan next season though, get some regular competitive games under his belt rather sitting on the bench or in the reserves. 

The Nile Ranger wankfest.

One of N-O's many myths if you ask me. Up there with 'people let Stevie Taylor off cos he's a Geordie'.

That's completely true, perhaps not on NO, but certainly at the game.

He hasn't exactly been given a load of time to prove himself on the field has he? He certainly seems to make a nuisance of himself to defenders when he plays, and plays some cracking passes to his team-mates. Houghton should give him some time on the pitch before the end of the season.

7 starts & then 23 as subs is a fair bit of game time for a player of his current ability. Were not going to drop AC, Loven or put him in above Shola just for the crack. Most of his passes are backwards if you watch. His goal against Palace give me hope that maybe he can maybe play the game like he did for the 2nd XI/U18.

Some of his sub appearances have been with very little time left. I don't disagree that he should displace Lovelypants or AC but give him a chance ahead of Shola tbh.

As things stand, he's less than half the player Shola is. Cracking passes? Don't make me laugh.

Given the choice between Best & Ranger I would play Nile every time at least he puts in a shift, CB's get no peace when Nile plays. Its his Gangsta attitude that has to change, has to grow up, need to be taught a lesson. If sending him out on loan would do that I have no idea.

You could send him to some middle of nowhere deadpool but I get the feeling if there was no life style to get a buzz he would start doing shit to create it.

Guest BooBoo

As mentioned above, it's amazing that for someone who banged them in for the reserves, he panics and snatches at chances when in the first eleven.

As mentioned above, it's amazing that for someone who banged them in for the reserves, he panics and snatches at chances when in the first eleven.

I think the fact that it means so much more to do it in the 1st team creates that panic, he is 19 its no massive issue.

I have no problem with his talent as a player only his shite attitude I have a problem with.

I'd love to see Nile get at least another one, if not more runout/s before the end of the season. Based on these cameo sub apprearances he's certainly offered a hell of a lot more than Best.

If he HAS done something that gives Hughton a reason to leave him out than fair play to Hughton, but if not I'd love to see Ranger get more playing time before the end of the season.

he's hardly scored for the reserves since 2008!  The season he was "banging" them in for the reserves was last season but 80% were in a purple patch before xmas.  He is strong, holds the ball up well and works defenders but his finishing his poor.

I'm starting to wonder how much football means to him. If it's just a way of achieving a certain lifestyle, he won't make it. He reached a certain point, but hasn't pushed on from it, and there's a lot he still needs to learn about reading the game, and keeping his composure when finishing.

It's a shame, because he has talent, but if he doesn't keep progressing, then he'll slip backwards, and he'll just be left with regrets.

Guest BooBoo

Needs his ego hugely deflating and his shooting boots polishing. Then maybe he can build on the promise he showed a few times this season.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Just seen him in Forest Hall limping around with a plastic protection boot over his Right Foot/Ankle.