Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Did great work missed a sitter BUT howay man a young that that needs it to click and when it dies he will be immense.

You see Shola missing chances and NOT working hard on the pitch, not a good example to Nile.

:lol: Fuck off man.

Did great work missed a sitter BUT howay man a young that that needs it to click and when it dies he will be immense.

You see Shola missing chances and NOT working hard on the pitch, not a good example to Nile.

:lol: Fuck off man.

Why being told by his Gaffa he must put in more effort and show he cares.. late on well not just late on Shola was being a right lazy cunt.

Does he think he does not have to close down or chase the ball when he gives it away.

Shola's laziness was why Pards put Ranger on.

I think some are getting carried away on the Ranger front. The lad is only 19 and he's shown he's very much rough around the edges, the best thing we can do for him is laon him to the Championship.

There's no doubt he's useful as a late sub chasing people down, but he's shown absolutely nothing in the way of goal scoring instinct in the eighteen yard box. A loan would allow him to learn his trade and to build up some confidence.

I'd rather see Ranger getting games than Best, at least Ranger looks like he could become a good player.

Best worked his arse off today and with a bit more luck would have had us 1-0 up when he hit the bar in the first half.

Shola was blowing out of his arse towards the end man.

Looked that way from the off though.. he never rushes to close down the keeper on a backpass or chases after the ball when he loses it.

Its just annoying.

Best worked his arse off today and with a bit more luck would have had us 1-0 up when he hit the bar in the first half.

I'd like to see it again when he hit the bar in front of where I sit, he seemed to look up for Shola and screw a pass but I might be wrong.

I think some are getting carried away on the Ranger front. The lad is only 19 and he's shown he's very much rough around the edges, the best thing we can do for him is laon him to the Championship.

There's no doubt he's useful as a late sub chasing people down, but he's shown absolutely nothing in the way of goal scoring instinct in the eighteen yard box. A loan would allow him to learn his trade and to build up some confidence.

I'd rather see Ranger getting games than Best, at least Ranger looks like he could become a good player.

Currently Best is the better player of the two, we can't start players based on how good they may or may not become.

Currently Best is the better player of the two, we can't start players based on how good they may or may not become.

I don't even agree that he's the better player now, he's looking like a player who until recently hadn't scored a competitive goal for more than a year.

This thread is more jeckyl and hyde than his performances.

I think we can all see how good he could be, with that pace and power. It's so frustrating.

He's only 19 FFS.

Regardless of that, he shouldn't be behind Best and Lovenkrands in the pecking order. Not with that talent. You don't often see a player of that size and strength showing so much pace. He has the raw material to get to the very top of the professional game.

I don't even agree that he's the better player now, he's looking like a player who until recently hadn't scored a competitive goal for more than a year.

What has Ranger shown though? He's got a bit of pace and persistence but I haven't seen much more.

What has Ranger shown though? He's got a bit of pace and persistence but I haven't seen much more.

Ranger changed the game against Liverpool and looked good when he came on against man City and again today for his 7 or 8 minutes.  I think the chance he missed today was all down to him and pace and persistence is a fairly good attribute for a forward. 

Shearer worked with him and thought that he had the makings of a very good forward.  Beardsley thinks the same so I’m more than happy to suggest he’s got something about him.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

He has looked good as an impact sub (And also he hasn't done a lot at all when brought on to be an impact sub), he did well today but I wouldn't start him yet.

Ranger changed the game against Liverpool and looked good when he came on against man City and again today for his 7 or 8 minutes.  I think the chance he missed today was all down to him and pace and persistence is a fairly good attribute for a forward.  

Shearer worked with him and thought that he had the makings of a very good forward.  Beardsley thinks the same so I’m more than happy to suggest he’s got something about him.

He undoubtely has potential I agree, but taking him as a whole at the moment he isn't good enough for the top flight in my opinion.

He has looked good as an impact sub (And also he hasn't done a lot at all when brought on to be an impact sub), he did well today but I wouldn't start him yet.

He's also looked good when starting games, last season he was as good, if not better than Carroll up until Christmas when Carroll suddenly transformed into what he is now.  Sooner or later he has to start games because he is good enough and needs games to settle down, he should have started against Stevenage.

Show me some goals when he gets a chance.  If he tried  being a footballer first that would be a start.  Still 100% believe he should be  out on loan in League 1, but our squad is as thin as school bog roll thanks to the Fatman

He undoubtely has potential I agree, but taking him as a whole at the moment he isn't good enough for the top flight in my opinion.

I'm not sure that we know either way, I'd rather find out than not.

That move where he did Dawson is great skill if you ignore the context. Really unlucky not to get enough curl on it.

He has good feet. I don't agree with what HTT (I think) said that he's just another athlete with no ability that will end up in the lower leagues. If he can sort out his finishing he'll be an asset to us.

That move where he did Dawson is great skill if you ignore the context. Really unlucky not to get enough curl on it.

He has good feet. I don't agree with what HTT (I think) said that he's just another athlete with no ability that will end up in the lower leagues. If he can sort out his finishing he'll be an asset to us.

:thup: