Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Still on our books. I think the player our squad is short of atm is exactly the sort of player Nile Ranger was supposed to be by now.

Its a shame hes such a monumental cock because if he could just get his head down for a few months then there might, just might be a way back for him.

Can't see it happening though.

I'm very pleased Pardew has rewarded Adam Campbell's good performances for the youth team/reserves with a place in and around the squad, ahead of this waste of oxygen. It sets a very good example for all of the other younger players - act the prick and Pards won't play you.

He can cause so many problems on his day, and I still think he's got good potential. But if he keeps resting of his laurels instead of trying to improve (especially his f***ing finishing!) then he can consider himself finished with this club. Massive opportunity missed there when Nolan offered his hand to help him out. So unprofessional.

Still on our books. I think the player our squad is short of atm is exactly the sort of player Nile Ranger was supposed to be by now.

Its a shame hes such a monumental cock because if he could just get his head down for a few months then there might, just might be a way back for him.

Can't see it happening though.

Shame eh? That half hour at home to liverpool a couple of years back, would be great to have someone like that to bring on.

Worst decision ever to give this guy a 5 year deal. Almost like that was it he'd made it, and wasn't going to put any more effort in.

Agreed and I hope the club has learned from this.  There were a few rumours at the time that other clubs were watching him so they did their usual in tying him down to a long term contract to maximise the sale value.  It was a terrible decision in retrospect and hopefully they will pay more attention to the personality of a player when considering the deals offered to young players in the future.