When everyone is fit, what is our best 11 ?

Jamie

-------------------Given

Beye-------Faye--------Coloccini-----Enrique

--------------------Butt

Milner-----------Guthrie-------------N'Zogbia

--------------------Jonas

----------Owen-------------Martins

Bench

1) Harper

2) Cacapa

3) Taylor

4) Bassong

5) Barton

6) Duff

7) Viduka

-------------------Given

--------------------Butt

Bench

1) Harper

2) Cacapa

3) Taylor

4) Bassong

5) Barton

6) Duff

7) Viduka

Looks good too

My Line Up in a 4-3-3 formation: (in bold are reserves or other option)

GK                 Harper/Given                             -    Simply becouse i dont think Given should walk straight in, i also belive Harper had a very good end on last season.

RB                 Beye/Taylor/Gerimi                     -  Obvious choice, but i think Taylor is the preffered backup, as he have some sort of drive forward aswell

but both of them are adequate cover

LB                 Enrique/Nzogbia/Duff/Edgar?     -  Neither as preffered backup due to defencive qualities, but hey, why not stick em in for offencive ones!

(Bassong??)                                            Enrique always my first choice becouse he is the only natural left back, (lets see if anyone else come in)

CB1                Coloccini/Taylor/Bassong/Cacapa - IF Coloccini is ready, he is our first choice by far (hope he is). Taylor would be our first back up, with Bassong                                                                                      OR Cacapa (depending on improvement) as our second backup. would be interesting to see Bassong have a go

CB2                Faye/Taylor/Bassong/Cacapa    - Faye becouse of his Monster effect, but also a better pairing to Coloccini, but we will see how it fares

CML               Gutierrez/Duff/Nzogbia/Guthrie - we acually have a problem picking in midfield!!!! with Duff rejouvinated, Nzogbia going forward well, and Guthrie`s

Passing we might want to rotate them a bit to find out our best option! Gutierrez first choice becouse of his pre

season, but everyone has a chance to get into that position! (survival of the fittest, and best ofc  ;D)

CMD               Barton/Guthrie/Gerimi/Butt       - I put Barton in there, just becouse i think he is our best choice atm, Guthrie second becouse of passing ability,

Gerimi over Butt, becouse Butt isnt cutting edge anymore (where past it last season in my opinion) and well,

Gerimi has just more to offer now(however is he up for the position?). thougest choice of the season for KK!

CMR              Milner/Gutierrez/Guthrie/Duff     - Milner is the best option (if Guti is used on the left side.... wow, GUTI!:p) then Guthrie and Duffman

AMC              Owen/Duff/Nzogbia/Milner         - Depending on what plans KK has for Owen, i would try any of the options to see what "klicks" the best, or revert to

4-4-2

LF                 Martins/Owen/Gutierrez/Smith   - Easy pick really, but if injuries struck in, at least we have options to push the team around!

RF                 Viduka/Owen/Gutierrez/Smith    - i just really hope we get in another striker :frantic:

Bench:  Given, Bassong, Taylor, Guthrie, Nzogbia, Duff, Smith (or anyone else for that matter)

So first choice team for me  =                                  Given

Beye               Faye             Coloccini              Enrique

Milner         Barton         Gutierrez

Owen

Viduka                     Martins       

-------------------Given

--------------------Butt

Bench

1) Harper

2) Cacapa

3) Taylor

4) Bassong

5) Barton

6) Duff

7) Viduka

Isn't that 12 players?

Given

Beye  Faye  Coloccini  Enrique

Gutierrez  Barton  N'Zogbia

Owen

Viduka    Martins 

Harper

Beye  Coloccini  Faye  Enrique

Guthrie

Jonas                Barton

Owen

Viduka            Martins

Aye, I'd go with that as well.

Guest ObaStar

-------------------Given

--------------------Butt

Bench

1) Harper

2) Cacapa

3) Taylor

4) Bassong

5) Barton

6) Duff

7) Viduka

Thats some good counting there buddy.

Its funny how Duff looked good against Hartlepool, Psv and Valencia. But abysmal against Doncaster Mallorca And H.Berlin. Im still undecided on him, N'Zogbia over duff anyday of the week. Hes younger, fitter, more abilily, can cross a ball and knows how to take people on without having to turn back.

Given

Beye Taylor Faye Enrique

Milner Guthrie N'Zogbia Gutierrez

Owen Martins

Kev, Don't you expect Coloccini to start?

I dont think there is anyone called Coloccini in our squad atm, so i doubt anyone called that could play.

Its funny how Duff looked good against Hartlepool, Psv and Valencia. But abysmal against Doncaster Mallorca And H.Berlin. Im still undecided on him, N'Zogbia over duff anyday of the week. Hes younger, fitter, more abilily, can cross a ball and knows how to take people on without having to turn back.

Given

Beye Taylor Faye Enrique

Owen Martins

I dont think there is anyone called Coloccini in our squad atm, so i doubt anyone called that could play.

Valid point.

My Line Up in a 4-3-3 formation: (in bold are reserves or other option)

GK                 Harper/Given                             -    Simply becouse i dont think Given should walk straight in, i also belive Harper had a very good end on last season.

RB                 Beye/Taylor/Gerimi                     -  Obvious choice, but i think Taylor is the preffered backup, as he have some sort of drive forward aswell

but both of them are adequate cover

LB                 Enrique/Nzogbia/Duff/Edgar?     -  Neither as preffered backup due to defencive qualities, but hey, why not stick em in for offencive ones!

(Bassong??)                                            Enrique always my first choice becouse he is the only natural left back, (lets see if anyone else come in)

CB1                Coloccini/Taylor/Bassong/Cacapa - IF Coloccini is ready, he is our first choice by far (hope he is). Taylor would be our first back up, with Bassong                                                                                      OR Cacapa (depending on improvement) as our second backup. would be interesting to see Bassong have a go

CB2                Faye/Taylor/Bassong/Cacapa    - Faye becouse of his Monster effect, but also a better pairing to Coloccini, but we will see how it fares

CML               Gutierrez/Duff/Nzogbia/Guthrie - we acually have a problem picking in midfield!!!! with Duff rejouvinated, Nzogbia going forward well, and Guthrie`s

Passing we might want to rotate them a bit to find out our best option! Gutierrez first choice becouse of his pre

season, but everyone has a chance to get into that position! (survival of the fittest, and best ofc  ;D)

CMD               Barton/Guthrie/Gerimi/Butt       - I put Barton in there, just becouse i think he is our best choice atm, Guthrie second becouse of passing ability,

Gerimi over Butt, becouse Butt isnt cutting edge anymore (where past it last season in my opinion) and well,

Gerimi has just more to offer now(however is he up for the position?). thougest choice of the season for KK!

CMR              Milner/Gutierrez/Guthrie/Duff     - Milner is the best option (if Guti is used on the left side.... wow, GUTI!:p) then Guthrie and Duffman

AMC              Owen/Duff/Nzogbia/Milner         - Depending on what plans KK has for Owen, i would try any of the options to see what "klicks" the best, or revert to

4-4-2

LF                 Martins/Owen/Gutierrez/Smith   - Easy pick really, but if injuries struck in, at least we have options to push the team around!

RF                 Viduka/Owen/Gutierrez/Smith    - i just really hope we get in another striker :frantic:

Bench:  Given, Bassong, Taylor, Guthrie, Nzogbia, Duff, Smith (or anyone else for that matter)

So first choice team for me  =                                  Given

Beye               Faye             Coloccini              Enrique

Milner         Barton         Gutierrez

Owen

Viduka                     Martins       

Put Zoggy in take Milner out for me, just to have the extra pace needed.

Guest labrowski

Harper

Beye   Coloccini   Faye   Enrique

Guthrie

Jonas                 Barton

Owen

Viduka             Martins

Jonas is definately an absolute steal from what i have seen so far!

Guest rebel_yell12

Assuming everyone fit:

At home:

Given

Beye    Coloccini*    Faye    Enrique

Jonas        Guthrie      Duff**

Owen

Viduka                Martins

Bench:  Taylor, Bassong, Harper, Milner, N'Zogbia, Butt, new-striker-signing (Derdiyok?).

* assuming signing is completed

** assuming he maintains pre-season form, and that Barton (as looks likely) is not available due to suspension.

Reasoning:  Jonas and Beye could be very dangerous down the right, which might help "cover" Viduka's relative lack of mobility.  Martins' rather opposite mobility would complement Duff's also relative lack (compared to say, Zog) on the left.  Which could easily leave Owen marked by a midfielder or fullback.  That usually doesn't work out well for anyone but Newcastle, as matches at the close of last season showed (esp. Tottenham and Sunderland, imo). 

Away:

Might play a bit more defensively, depending on the opponents.  Maybe swap Guthrie for the more experienced Butt, or put Faye in at DM and either Taylor or Bassong (depends on form) in at the back.  Maybe even revert to a 4-4-2 if the flanks are struggling.

For once, when looking at Newcastle United, the most obvious weak spot...is in the strikers.  Not that the three top aren't top players (they are) but...try picking cover for any one of them.  It's just not there.  Who can play Viduka's "target" role?  Who can cover for Martins?  Anyone else going to play as Owen does in the hole?  Lose any one of them, and it's back to 4-4-2, which I think will be less effective.  The club desperately needs cover for Viduka.  The fact that I nearly put Smith on the bench does my head in.  He's not scored in 2 years -- he can't be considered cover for a striker.

Given

Beye        Faye          Collocini      Taiwo

Jonas          Xavi                        Nzogbia     

Cole   

Owen                Martins                     

Some are going for some really lightweight midfields. In a 433 i think 2 of the midfielders have to know how to defend and get stuck in.

A lot of selections feature one and even two wide men in the midfield three, and I'd say that would leave us a bit lightweight, even if the other player was purely defensive, like Butt or Faye.

Given

Beye Taylor Faye Enrique

Owen Martins

stop trying to look clever daft lad, you just look like a fucking idiot

Bassong over Enrique. :idiot2:

I would like to see Bassong have a shot at LB, Zoggy is no good there and Enrique does not fill me with confidence and if I am not mistaken Bassong is a left footer than can play at CB or LB..

Guest thebigfella

harper

Beye  Coloccini  Taylor  Enrique

Guthrie

milner                n'zogbia

jonas

owen            Martins

hopefully with a bench of Given,faye,skjelbred,gokhan,derdiyok,butt,carroll

Guest mikefin

------------- Given --------------

Beye -- Colo --- Faye -- N'Zog

Jonas - Barton - Guthrie - Duff

------- Owen -- Martins -------

Or:

-------------- Given --------------

Beye -- Colo --- Faye -- N'Zog

-------------- Guthrie ------------

--- Jonas --------------- Duff ---

------------- Owen ---------------

-------- Vid -------- Martins -----

Guest thebigfella

he has impressed me so much kinda reminds me of a young rob lee/paul bracewell so yes he would at the mo......jeremy menez would be a good signing show Charlie he ain't all that!!!!

aye, my counting was a bit off lol, too busy trying to get - - - 's to be all justified properly.

what i meant was...

-------------------Given

Beye-------------Faye-----Coloccini-------Enrique

Milner-----------Guthrie / Butt-------------N'Zogbia

-----------------------Jonas

--------------Owen-------------Martins

Bench

1) Harper

2) Cacapa

3) Taylor

4) Bassong

5) Barton