KK: Milner going nowhere

jimmymag

Well I would say, Zog is quicker, can shoot with more venom and accuracy and can get past players at pace allowing him to deliver far more dangerous crosses. Against that, milner is more disciplined, plays safer, and works hard for the team and is generally a good lad. I don't see too many similarities to be fair.

On Saturday they were both guilty of going passed the first player then running into a brick wall although N'Zogbia did seem to improve in the second half.

My problem with Milner is similiar to that with Duff. I said after Duff sparkled pre-season, that as soon as the first competitive match came round he would disappear up his own arse. Two matches in and what has he done?

Milner can be seen the same way. Yes "he's only 22" but he had a cracking strike on him when he was 18. Why doesn't he score goals in the Premier? What makes someone who can hit the ball so well blaze it 40 ft over the bar when he gets anywhere near the penalty area?

thats exactly how i see n'zogbia

If you can't see any differences between the two then what's there to discuss?

the only difference for me is that n'zogbia has greater potential (which i'm not sure will come through)

Well I would say, Zog is quicker, can shoot with more venom and accuracy and can get past players at pace allowing him to deliver far more dangerous crosses. Against that, milner is more disciplined, plays safer, and works hard for the team and is generally a good lad. I don't see too many similarities to be fair.

can...but doesn't. both players that had bags of potential. one is a crowd fave the other aint. look at how many times yesterday n'zogbia had the ball in fantastic positions and wasted the distribution(his first two crosses were excellent,but there must've been a dozen woeful crosses from better positions and more space and time than milner had)

My problem with Milner is similiar to that with Duff. I said after Duff sparkled pre-season, that as soon as the first competitive match came round he would disappear up his own arse. Two matches in and what has he done?

Milner can be seen the same way. Yes "he's only 22" but he had a cracking strike on him when he was 18. Why doesn't he score goals in the Premier? What makes someone who can hit the ball so well blaze it 40 ft over the bar when he gets anywhere near the penalty area?

the only difference for me is that n'zogbia has greater potential (which i'm not sure will come through)

can...but doesn't. both players that had bags of potential. one is a crowd fave the other aint. look at how many times yesterday n'zogbia had the ball in fantastic positions and wasted the distribution(his first two crosses were excellent,but there must've been a dozen woeful crosses from better positions and more space and time than milner had)

Doesn't really change what I said though. Just depends whether you prefer option A or B. I repeat they are not similar in any way at all.

Doesn't really change what I said though. Just depends whether you prefer option A or B. I repeat they are not similar in any way at all.

both young,both wide players, both playing well below their potential......you don't see the similarities ?

N'Zogbia's not playing wide left though and hasn't for well over a year.

not technically but on saturday he was picking the ball up there (30-35yds from their goal....wingerish type position) and wasting a lot of it.

Milner is pretty decent actually, not your typical winger but he works hard, helps the defence, chips in with a goal or an assist every now and then, rather have him in our side than any other tbh, i'd think Keegan can help him improve a bit on some aspects of his game such as his delivery.

Milner is pretty decent actually, not your typical winger but he works hard, helps the defence, chips in with a goal or an assist every now and then, rather have him in our side than any other tbh, i'd think Keegan can help him improve a bit on some aspects of his game such as his delivery.

Every now and then as in every other month?

Let's not forget Milner put in one absolute peach of a ball that Owen should have buried before he did score. That was a sitter.

which was actually a better ball than geremis that we scored from.

some folk rate a pass by what results from it, ie a shinner we score from is better than a great ball we don't score from.

in the interests of equality n'zogbias first 2 crosses were great,2nd especially after that he went to shit

I still think he'll be a Villa player by next week mind.

Wouldn't surprise me. Depends who we can get in though.

*awaits slew of 'anyone would be better' posts* :rolleyes:

if £9mill is true then take it.

Let's not forget Milner put in one absolute peach of a ball that Owen should have buried before he did score. That was a sitter.

which was actually a better ball than geremis that we scored from.

some folk rate a pass by what results from it, ie a shinner we score from is better than a great ball we don't score from.

in the interests of equality n'zogbias first 2 crosses were great,2nd especially after that he went to shit

seconded, i remember at least 2 excellent crosses Zog put in earlier in the game, then he seemed to go to shit (i'm not including the pass where he found geremi who should have scored either btw, that's been forgotten easily enough)

i'm a Zog fan so this view is inevitable but as i see it there are very few, very few wingers out there who consistently put in great crosses these days but with Zog, playing at LB albeit adavanced, you've got a far greater likelihood he will produce the goods at some stage in a game than milner imo, he's just got more quality in his pass/shot

exaggeration but when milner manages to beat the first man with a cross, which is rare, he invariably hits the second...lost count of the times that happened saturday

I hope so.

Me too, but not because it means we've got shot of Milner, but more than likely that we've signed someone better.

i'd rather we let smith & duff go for nothing then keep milner to play upfront when we're in dire need, he looked better there than both those fuckin clowns...still shite, but better than smith & duff

sign a RM/RW & let duff & smith go i say

I hope so.

Me too, but not because it means we've got shot of Milner, but more than likely that we've signed someone better.

i'd rather we let smith & duff go for nothing then keep milner to play upfront when we're in dire need, he looked better there than both those fuckin clowns...still s****, but better than smith & duff

In an ideal world we'd let all of them go, but Duff is probably the most useful and has the most ability. What i'd give for Smith, Shola and Milner gone

I hope so.

i'd rather we let smith & duff go for nothing then keep milner to play upfront when we're in dire need, he looked better there than both those fuckin clowns...still s****, but better than smith & duff

In an ideal world we'd let all of them go, but Duff is probably the most useful and has the most ability. What i'd give for Smith, Shola and Milner gone

forgot shola, tells it's own story :lol:

personally i'd ship duff before shola for the wages and the fact shola can actually score a goal from time to time