Abdoulaye Faye signs for Stoke for £2.25m

Theregulars

The Magpies defender joined the club from Bolton last summer and clearly impressed Pulis during an FA Cup tie at the Britannia Stadium in January.

“Anyone who saw him [Abdoulaye Faye] that day will know why he’s attracted us,” Pulis told the Stoke Sentinel.

“He’s a big lad who has plenty of experience at Premier League level in such an important area of the pitch.

“He wants to move back to the North West and that has been a help in trying to get him here.”

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/08/15/Premier-League-Pulis-on-Faye-deals/

The Magpies defender joined the club from Bolton last summer and clearly impressed Pulis during an FA Cup tie at the Britannia Stadium in January.

Anyone who saw him [Abdoulaye Faye] that day will know why hes attracted us, Pulis told the Stoke Sentinel.

Hes a big lad who has plenty of experience at Premier League level in such an important area of the pitch.

He wants to move back to the North West and that has been a help in trying to get him here.

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/08/15/Premier-League-Pulis-on-Faye-deals/

Why he wants a move to stoke is beyond me.  I bet it's his missus that is behind this.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/08/15/keegan-hails-his-veteran-cacapa-72703-21539542/

“Claudio has been terrific in our pre-season games. He’s played nearly every game, and he’s done very well.

“He’s showed his experience, and with Steven Taylor being so fresh, his experience has been important.

“I think those two are quite good together.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/08/15/keegan-hails-his-veteran-cacapa-72703-21539542/

Claudio has been terrific in our pre-season games. Hes played nearly every game, and hes done very well.

Hes showed his experience, and with Steven Taylor being so fresh, his experience has been important.

I think those two are quite good together.

Ahhhhhh, bollocks.  He's a decent defender but can't handle striker's with pace or power.  He has decent positioning etc which Taylor could learn from but I really don't want to see him start that often.

“Claudio has been terrific in our pre-season games. He’s played nearly every game, and he’s done very well.

“He’s showed his experience, and with Steven Taylor being so fresh, his experience has been important.

“I think those two are quite good together.”

I think in the end all of the players were victims of the Allardyce regime. Very intrigued as to how KK rate the likes of Cacapa. He's a good manager and it wouldn't suprise me if Cacapa turned into a good player for us.

I can see the advantages of having a Coloccini/Taylor partnership like.

Stoke supporting lad at work has heard he took a medical with them yesterday and he failed it. The story goes he failed it for the same reason he failed his medical for us? They are still going ahead with the transfer but are trying to renegotiate the deal.

Take that with as much salt as you like.

Cacapa has looked good pre-season. Who is to say he will not be just as good as Faye? The guy played for Lyon who are a top class attacking team and might have taken a little while to get used to the different pace of football but if KK has confidence in him then so do I.

f*** off back to Oatcakes, Coggy. :lol:

Just here in peace.

Just hope he puts pen to paper because from what i can see he could be just what we need as you lot rate him.

Good luck this season lads !

I was only joking mate. You should stick around, we're a friendly bunch when it comes to fans of other teams.

The shocking thing about this deal is we could get less for him than we do for Ameobi! :lol:

Probably old news and already posted but............

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/nufc/Toon-pair-on-their-way.4396393.jp

Quotes from Keegan saying FAYE is going to Stoke.

KEVIN Keegan has revealed Abdoulaye Faye is expected to follow Shola Ameobi out of the St James's Park exit door.

Ipswich Town have been permission to speak to Ameobi after tabling a £2.5m bid for the striker.

And Premier League newcomers Stoke City are hoping to tie up the signature of defender Faye, who would cost in the region of £2m.

However, Newcastle United boss Keegan says he has no intention of letting James Milner or Alan Smith leave St James's Park.

"I think Abdoulaye Faye is going to Stoke, and Shola Ameobi has been given permission to speak to Ipswich, but that's the end of players going out.

"And if those deals do happen there will be some more players coming in."

Still here in peace !

He failed a medical this morning so think it's just a bit more negotiation but think KK has said that he expects him to be with us in the next 24 hours !

PS Make sure you beat them Manc twats !

I think Abdoulaye Faye is going to Stoke
:(

and Shola Ameobi has been given permission to speak to Ipswich
:)

but that's the end of players going out.
:undecided:

And if those deals do happen there will be some more players coming in.
:indi:

"I think Abdoulaye Faye is going to Stoke, and Shola Ameobi has been given permission to speak to Ipswich, but that's the end of players going out.

"And if those deals do happen there will be some more players coming in."

and if those deals don't ? :kasper:

just teasing. i reckon there'll be 1 straight in to the strating 11 and 1 more aswell before sept 1st.

I think Abdoulaye Faye is going to Stoke
:(

and Shola Ameobi has been given permission to speak to Ipswich
:)

but that's the end of players going out.
:undecided:

And if those deals do happen there will be some more players coming in.

Dawson for £10m and beat Blackburn to Fowler.

Taylor's once again going to be exposed for the shite defender he is this season and this time next year the 'still young, playing with crap' excuses will still be used

Best centre back we've had for a good while.

But he's local and not great on CM2008, so he must be shit.

I think it's you and a few others who take the local factor into account tbf.