Abdoulaye Faye signs for Stoke for £2.25m

Theregulars

I'm not bothered about this in the slightest, we've got enough cover in this position and are possibly getting rid of the oldest central defender.  I trust Keegan to do what is best for the club and he'll know what he's doing and why he's doing it.

As far as I’m concerned the biggest loser out of this transfer if it happens is the player, it just doesn’t make any sense from what I can see.  Stoke is a footballing backwater and doesn’t offer much as a place to live.

If this is the reaction to Faye possibly leaving then I'd love to have seen a forum at the time we sold Sir Les.  :lol:

Guest Guinness

I've no idea why we're selling Faye, our squad is already tiny, we need to be buying players not selling them. Not to mention he's our 2nd best centre back and that's assuming the Coloccini deal is done.

I'd be really disappointed if this turns out to be true. I think he's a very, very solid defender. Quick, strong, excellent aerially and generally doesn't make the ricks and such-like that make the likes of Caçapa and Tayls a liability a lot of the time. Then again, i think Keegan probably prefers Taylor to him anyway, somehow. :undecided: It's just frustrating because the defense was just about sorted altogether with the Coloccini signing (besides from cover for left-back, probably) - Faye's departure would just be an irritating little drag back.

We still have Taylor, Colocinni, Cacapa and Bassong and I think we will definately sign another central defender, lets not worry chaps, I do honestly believe that we will get a couple more players, if we dont I will probably have a nervous breakdown.

I'm not bothered about this in the slightest, we've got enough cover in this position and are possibly getting rid of the oldest central defender.  I trust Keegan to do what is best for the club and he'll know what he's doing and why he's doing it.

As far as I’m concerned the biggest loser out of this transfer if it happens is the player, it just doesn’t make any sense from what I can see.  Stoke is a footballing backwater and doesn’t offer much as a place to live.

If this is the reaction to Faye possibly leaving then I'd love to have seen a forum at the time we sold Sir Les.  :lol:

30 yrs old isn't really old for a defender, especially if it's only £2m you're talking about. Is Sol Campbell too old? What's his age out of interest?

Guest elbee909

Plainly letting Faye go due to Micah Richards coming here.

Box foking get shine go shoe your

Is that right?

Racist.

As far as Im concerned the biggest loser out of this transfer if it happens is the player, it just doesnt make any sense from what I can see.  Stoke is a footballing backwater and doesnt offer much as a place to live.

are you mad? if this goes through and we lose Coloccini through injury we'll have Taylor and Cacapa in the middle. Do you have any idea how many goals they conceded?

selling our second best CB man, which club on the planet does that?

30 yrs old isn't really old for a defender, especially if it's only £2m you're talking about. Is Sol Campbell too old? What's his age out of interest?

If Keegan thinks we have too many central defenders and wants to get rid of a one then getting rid of the oldest (I never said too old) might be his criteria as he's not going to play forever and is unlikely to improve as a player.  I can see the sense of keeping players who are older and can develop, Taylor is not as bad as some people make out.

Campbell is 33 which has no relevance, Maldini is still playing at 40 but that doesn’t mean all defenders play to that age.

If Keegan thinks we have too many central defenders and wants to get rid of a one then getting rid of the oldest (I never said too old) might be his criteria as he's not going to play forever and is unlikely to improve as a player.  I can see the sense of keeping players who are older and can develop, Taylor is not as bad as some people make out.

Campbell is 33 which has no relevance, Maldini is still playing at 40 but that doesn’t mean all defenders play to that age.

Well, if he has looked at age in deciding which defender could go and this is why Faye is leaving he has made a big mistake, plain and simple..

Cacapa is the oldest central defender, and Faye is the best. his age is only relevant if you can see his performances declining because of it, but nothing of the sort has happened, he's still in a top physical condition. back to square one if he leaves, as we'll have 2 weeks to replace him.

are you mad? if this goes through and we lose Coloccini through injury we'll have Taylor and Cacapa in the middle. Do you have any idea how many goals they conceded?

Every goal conceded with Taylor and Cacapa in the team was down to them, I missed that last season.

Every goal conceded with Taylor and Cacapa in the team was down to them, I missed that last season.

they're s**** together and anyone content with them being our defensive partnership needs their head read.

Faye is twice the player Taylor is and absolutely integral to the team

will lose a lot of respect for Keegan if there is something in this, honestly man wtf

Can't say i'd lose a great deal of respect for the man... but it really is a proper bizarre move - unless Faye has made it damn clear that he doesn't want to play for this club. Faye/Coloccini could have had the potential to be so solid. And with a fantastic tackler to the right of them in Beye, and Enrique (or whoever) to the left, it really would represent one of the best back fours in the Premier League.

I don't dislike Taylor over-much, but he can certainly be a bit of a liability - he's definitely not of Faye's standard imo.

Cacapa is the oldest central defender, and Faye is the best. his age is only relevant if you can see his performances declining because of it, but nothing of the sort has happened, he's still in a top physical condition. back to square one if he leaves, as we'll have 2 weeks to replace him.

You're right about Cacapa being the oldest  :blush:,  I don't agree that Faye is our best when we've got Coloccini who looks like being his replacement.

will lose a lot of respect for Keegan if there is something in this, honestly man wtf

Can't say i'd lose a great deal of respect for the man... but it really is a proper bizarre move - unless Faye has made it damn clear that he doesn't want to play for this club. Faye/Coloccini could have had the potential to be so solid. And with a fantastic tackler to the right of them in Beye, and Enrique (or whoever) to the left, it really would represent one of the best back fours in the Premier League.

I don't dislike Taylor over-much, but he can certainly be a bit of a liability - he's definitely not of Faye's standard imo.

KK has a track record of this though David Kelly and Andy Cole were both sold despite being one of our best performers, KK upgraded with his replacements each though so we soon forgot.