Tiago on loan?

Dave

thought he was ok at chelski - I'd rather have central midfielders who can pass and accept the ball in tight spaces - a loan deal gives us a chance to have a proper look at him too. Presume he was good at Lyon and poor at Juve - nothing wrong there necessarily.

Guest Stephen927

Could Xabi Alonso to Juve, Tiago to NUFC be the transfer merry go round that Keegan anticipates?

Doubtful Alonso will be going anywhere now.

Guest BooBoo

Could Xabi Alonso to Juve, Tiago to NUFC be the transfer merry go round that Keegan anticipates?

Playing tonight in the CL will only make him less attractive to other European qualified suitors. I think he'll be staying put.

Guest Stephen927

Playing tonight in the CL will only make him less attractive to other European qualified suitors. I think he'll be staying put.

Yeah, that and the refusal of the Yanks to meet the asking price for Gareth Barry.

Juventus play tinight in the Champs league qualifier wonder if Tiago plays?

If he does, it reduces the chances of a transfer to Everton, but keeps our own chances exactly the same.

I don't think we're even after him.

There have been precisely zero rumours about Tiago to Everton from any decent source of info.

Saw you credited with an interest in a couple of Italian rags the other day, but that's it.

Oh right. I've lost count of the number of players we've  been "interested", "pondered a move" and "considered a swoop" for.

There's no real chatter about Tiago on the message boards or from any supposed ITK's.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/football/article-1044638/Toffees-chew-Tiago-deal-Newcastle-loan-stalls.html?ITO=1490

Toffees chew over Tiago deal as Newcastle loan move stalls

By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 10:07 PM on 13th August 2008

Everton are closing in on a deal for former Chelsea midfielder Tiago.

The Portugal playmaker, 27, is surplus to requirements at Juventus and looked to be heading for Newcastle until the deal hit a hitch yesterday.

Newcastle's Tony Jimenez had agreed a loan move that could become permanent next summer for an £8million fee.

But talks were still ongoing on how much Newcastle should contribute to the player’s wages.

Juventus defender-turned-agent Manuel Dimas is working on the deal in a bid to smooth its passage but Everton's intervention has turned the player's head - particularly with Portugal team-mate Nuno Valente at Goodison and David Moyes still hopeful of signing Joao Moutinho from Sporting Lisbon.

Newcastle had hoped to have the transfer tied up today but Everton can also offer him European football.

Tiago has proved a flop in Italy after moving to Turin from Lyon last year and Juventus are trying to off-load the £8m capture.

He showed flashes of his ability while at Chelsea under Jose Mourinho, yet has failed to repeat that sort of form since.

Sportsmail revealed last month that Everton were interested and Moyes had even considered making a move back in January.

The Everton manager has been working round the clock desperately trying to bolster his threadbare squad since Andy Johnson's £12m departure to Fulham and still hopes to land Brazilian striker Wagner Love from CSKA Moscow, Newcastle's Alan Smith and Stephane M'Bia of Rennes.

But his need for more quality has been heightened with injuries to Steven Pienaar, Tony Hibbert and Tim Cahill - although the Australian should return by September.

Can you remember that, 1878?

Dave- not sure I remember any talk of Tiago in January. Certainly no major stories about him, it was probably just a little column filler that they're now trumpeting as an exclusive. The tabloids love doing that.

Just read that new Daily Mail piece but I'm still not holding my breath after all the other players we've "closed in on" this summer.

Dave- not sure I remember any talk of Tiago in January. Certainly no major stories about him, it was probably just a little column filler that they're now trumpeting as an exclusive. The tabloids love doing that.

Just read that new Daily Mail piece but I'm still not holding my breath after all the other players we've "closed in on" this summer.

Do you stamp your feet and shit your pants when each of the deals doesnt come off too?

27? Thought he was about 30.

Might as well then, still think £8m is a big chunk at his age and his form to sign him permenantly though.

Got a lot of work to do to prove that, i doubt he's got it in him.

Might as well then, still think £8m is a big chunk at his age and his form to sign him permenantly though.

No big deal if he fails though is it?

Exactamundo!!

Two English Clubs On Tiago - Secco

Juventus transfer Guru Alessio Secco admits that English clubs have come forward interested in under-fire midfielder Tiago Mendes.

Reports in both England and Italy have linked the player to Newcastle United and it has been claimed that talks are at an advanced stage. 

Tiago has been a flop at Juve ever since his arrival in Turin from Lyon last year. The club spent €13m for him but he has not paid the Old Lady back for their investment on the pitch. 

Secco has cleared the air regarding the confusion around Tiago’s future and he revealed that there has only been interest from the clubs and nothing else. 

“Newcastle? Effectively we have received interest from two English clubs but that’s it, nothing else,” said the transfer chief. 

“It’s still a little too early to talk about the matter just yet.” 

Tiago is no longer a part of Claudio Ranieri’s plans this term and he seems set for a return to the Premier League. 

The Portuguese midfielder played in England for Chelsea during the 2004-05 season. 

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=817899

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/08/14/keegan-looking-to-bring-in-portugal-star-tiago-61634-21530041/

Keegan looking to bring in Portugal star Tiago

Aug 14 2008 by Mark Douglas, The Journal

KEVIN Keegan is fighting a battle on two fronts as he looks to re-shape his Newcastle United squad in time for the start of the season – persuading Portugal midfielder Tiago to return to the Premier League while also fending off fresh interest in James Milner from Aston Villa.

Times:

"Newcastle United are hoping to sign Tiago, the Portugal midfield player, from Juventus. An agreement in principle has been reached between the clubs for the player to leave Turin on a season's loan, with an option to complete a permanent £10million transfer next summer."

Damn! I can't find another article that details the exact information we already know!

10/10 for sarcasm. I was simply pointing towards another article thats all.

But of course you always make good posts.

Guest icemanblue

Damn! I can't find another article that details the exact information we already know!

10/10 for sarcasm. I was simply pointing towards another article thats all.

But of course you always make good posts.

Hahaha! Ir-on-y!!!

Exactamundo!!

No not really, why i said might as well get him in. Just never really impressed me, and would take a fair bit of work to impress for that fee at what would be 28, completely against our new policy if were to believe.