Tiago on loan?

Dave

Dunno if he'd fancy it here, really. Not convinced by this on a number of counts.

Why? Sounds like he enjoyed Chelsea and only left for first-team football. He'd be as good as guaranteed it here, knows he can play in the Premier League and by all accounts is having a shitter at Juve. I can see the logic in it tbh.

Add to that the fact we've managed to agree a loan deal with Juve and our chances are really good.

He can come in this season and if he really doesn't fancy it and things don't go well, he can be allowed to return to Juve, who can then find him another club.

Or he has a great season and potentially someone makes him and/or Juve a better offer. Win-win for him iyam.

We'll see, but I'm sure that there'll be better options open to him.

Would be an excellent addition if true. The days of Alan Smith in midfield would be well and truly over. Sign another good striker and our squad is looking very healthy.

Yep. A decent striker and we'll start to look like a squad that mens business if this is true.

I really hope this is true.

A midfield of:

----Duff-----Tiago----Guthrie-----Jonas---

Would be f*cking class.

Considering he can pass the ball he's bound to have a good run in the team.

Lets hope its true.

Expect some movement of Italian-based players too after they held their ‘market’ on Tuesday. It is a day when they hire out a hotel in Milan and all the Serie A clubs have one floor with each club represented, the Serie B clubs have the second floor and Serie C the third. Each rep then has a portfolio of players available from each club and agents and clubs turn up to try and get mandates or do deals there and then. Former Chelsea midfielder Tiago is one name that could be returning to the Premier League as is Torino's Simone Barone who has interested Fulham and Portsmouth.

As per The insider from the Mail today.

Expect some movement of Italian-based players too after they held their ‘market’ on Tuesday. It is a day when they hire out a hotel in Milan and all the Serie A clubs have one floor with each club represented, the Serie B clubs have the second floor and Serie C the third. Each rep then has a portfolio of players available from each club and agents and clubs turn up to try and get mandates or do deals there and then. Former Chelsea midfielder Tiago is one name that could be returning to the Premier League as is Torino's Simone Barone who has interested Fulham and Portsmouth.

that true ?......sounds a great way of doing things.

that true ?......sounds a great way of doing things.

It sounds like some of the posts in here tbh so god knows if its true.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/football/article-1044415/THE-INSIDER-Blackburn-want-Zigic-loan-Rover--Annan-Gunners--Numbers-game-keeps-Kevin-keen-Faye--Aussie-keen-Rangers-switch--Plus-Chelsea-Tiago-Barone.html

Guest Heneage

Hmmm interesting, hasn't had the chance with Ranieri, but has class, played in the prem and looked good. Go for it.

Guest Geordie_Paul

Hmmm hopefully it's true, but until it is publicly announced i'm not getting my hopes up. A solid signing and he would definately improve the squad.

Guest neesy111

i suspect with a lot of clubs most of the deals will go down to 31st of August, clubs a reluctant to sell when they can't get replacements in

I think things are seriously about to hot up in this window. With Ameobi and Smith looking like going as well as Colo, Thiago and another coming in.

When one happens it will all happen IMO.

http://www.toronews.net/index.php?action=article&ID=9416

Juventus has finally found a way to get rid of Tiago (:lol:). After the offering of Fenerhbace, now Newcastle has made progress. The player transfer on loan with a right of redemption set at 10 million euros. The player must give its green light to the operation.

He's not Juventus' Alan Smith equivalent is he?

Link is to a Torino FC site--Juve's arch rivals.