Tiago on loan?

Dave

So we have had no quotes from Tiago or his agent saying he would prefer Spain and he doesn't want to come to England.

All we have had so far are quotes of him supposedly saying he will not go to Everton.

The only other quotes in this saga are from Juve, who said two prem clubs have shown interest. What's to say he hasn't spoken to ourselves and Everton and opted for us?

Now that would be funny, as far as the media's cluelessness goes.

Not so funny for Everton though. They have had the most unbelievably quiet transfer window I think I have ever witnessed. Sold players and brought none in. Not even a Sibierski. Damn.

Quotes from Juve chairman today saying they reached an agreement but he didn't want to move to England.....

Que source?

So we have had no quotes from Tiago or his agent saying he would prefer Spain and he doesn't want to come to England.

All we have had so far are quotes of him supposedly saying he will not go to Everton.

The only other quotes in this saga are from Juve, who said two prem clubs have shown interest. What's to say he hasn't spoken to ourselves and Everton and opted for us?

Not so funny for Everton though. They have had the most unbelievably quiet transfer window I think I have ever witnessed. Sold players and brought none in. Not even a Sibierski. Damn.

Quotes from Juve chairman today saying they reached an agreement but he didn't want to move to England.....

Que source?

SSN.

Que source?

SSN.

So no actual quotes then?

Anyway ... if true then Tiago really is a blockhead.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/e/everton/7576581.stm

Juventus have revealed that Tiago has rejected a loan move to Everton.

The Serie A side had agreed a year-long deal with Everton, plus the option of a permanent move for the 27-year-old Portugal international.

Juve sporting director Alessio Secco said: "All that was needed was the player's agreement - and that never came. We take it he will stay with us."

Tiago has been a huge disappointment in Italy after joining Juventus from Lyon last summer.

Juve were thought to be keen to offload him in order to make room for more signings before the transfer deadline.

However, Secco announced there will be no new faces at the Turin outfit this summer, regardless of whether or not Tiago leaves.

"The market remains closed to us regarding players coming in, like we already said some time ago now," he added. "Even if Tiago leaves nobody else will come in."

Guest BeatMakerz

I'm kind of glad, as everyone keeps saying, we need players who want to play for us.I'm happy to stay patient this year because so far KK and or whoever is dealing with who we bring in has done a sound job so far.

The Serie A side had agreed a year-long deal with Everton, plus the option of a permanent move for the 27-year-old Portugal international.

Juve sporting director Alessio Secco said: "All that was needed was the player's agreement - and that never came. We take it he will stay with us."

Tiago has been a huge disappointment in Italy after joining Juventus from Lyon last summer.

Juve were thought to be keen to offload him in order to make room for more signings before the transfer deadline.

However, Secco announced there will be no new faces at the Turin outfit this summer, regardless of whether or not Tiago leaves.

"The market remains closed to us regarding players coming in, like we already said some time ago now," he added. "Even if Tiago leaves nobody else will come in."

Thought they had jumped us in the race for Arda Turan?

Just looked at Wikipedia, there are some agent quotes that I haven't seen before saying that we are leading the race, although I reckon they are made up personally.

Guest BeatMakerz

Thought they had jumped us in the race for Arda Turan?

Just looked at Wikipedia, there are some agent quotes that I haven't seen before saying that we are leading the race, although I reckon they are made up personally.

I think we were leading the race at the start of the Euro's, but then all the stories and rumours about it just seemed to die off.

Juventus chief Alessio Secco admits Tiago could still move to Everton, despite his public rejection of the Premiership club this week.

Secco said: "He has a contract with us and has the right to stay. Let's see if maybe he can change his mind in the next days. The possibility of going to play in the English Championship, where he still is known and has already done so, all things considered, well, is the chance for him to play with continuity.

"I think it was, however, an important opportunity for him, in order to improve."

Juventus chief Alessio Secco admits Tiago could still move to Everton, despite his public rejection of the Premiership club this week.

Secco said: "He has a contract with us and has the right to stay. Let's see if maybe he can change his mind in the next days. The possibility of going to play in the English Championship, where he still is known and has already done so, all things considered, well, is the chance for him to play with continuity.

"I think it was, however, an important opportunity for him, in order to improve."

He was that bad... even juve at public saying they want to get rid of him.... i dont fancy at all we getting him...

Guest icemanblue

Why are we still talking about this cunt? His attitude stinks and Everton are welcome to him assuming they can actually drag him to Goodison.

Eeeee I hate moaners, me!

Guest sicko2ndbest

27/08/2008 18:45

Tiago Is Joining Monaco - Roma

Monaco goalkeeper Flavio Roma has revealed that Tiago Mendes is on the verge of joining the French club, despite reports claiming he will not leave Juventus.

The Portuguese midfielder has turned down a number of clubs who were interested in signing him this summer as he doesn’t seem like a part of Claudio Ranieri’s plans.

Everton, Porto and Tottenham have all shown an interest but the former Chelsea man just doesn’t want to leave.

Roma has now revealed that Tiago is close to joining the principality-based outfit.

"Monaco has been releasing players but I know that important players will arrive within the next few days," said Roma

"I have been told that Recoba has arrived and that a deal for Tiago is practically done."

Tiago is likely to go out on loan with the option to make his move a permanent one next season according to reports in Italy.

Ranieri has been tough with the midfielder in an attempt to push him out of the door. Tiago was left out of the Champions League squad which played against Artmedia on Tuesday night.

He is also likely to be left out of the team for the coming season if he decides to stay rather than leave.

Salvatore Landolina 

Atletico In One Last Tiago Bid

According to the Gazzetta dello Sport, Atletico Madrid are going to make one last effort to sign Juventus flop Tiago Mendes.

Tiago only joined Juve from Lyon last year for €13m, however he has been a disastrous failure in Turin.

The Bianconeri are desperate to sell the Portuguese midfielder, and indeed have been attempting to offload him since January of this year, a month when both Tottenham Hotspur and Atletico Madrid unsuccessfully tabled offers.

Juve have been frustrated by their efforts to offload Tiago this summer, with the player rejecting transfers to Everton and Newcastle United.

Last night it was reported that a deal had been set-up for the 27-year-old to join Porto, but once again he snubbed the move.

According to the Gazzetta, Atletico Madrid are set to renew their efforts to sign Tiago, and will make one last bid for his services. The chances of this move happening are good because the Spaniards have always been the player’s first choice.

However, French club Monaco are also being linked with tabling an offer, and Tiago’s agent Jorge Mendes is desperately trying to persuade his client to accept a transfer away from Turin before the end of the transfer window on September 1.

Gianni Wilson

Another one we allegedly were interested in meaning the club had identified where they believed we needed to strengthen and were looking to try and make a quality addition but outwith their control the player does not want to come.  But that won't stop the snipers claiming that Ashley, Wise etc are doing fuck all....

Guest sicko2ndbest

What a twat this guy is!

Tiago Snubs Monaco Too?

Juventus midfielder Tiago is unlikely to move to French side Monaco according to Sportmediaset.

The former Chelsea man has been a flop in Turin ever since he arrived there in 2007 from Lyon.

The Old Lady has had enough of him and she has been trying to kick him out of the door but like a car with a dead battery, Tiago doesn’t want to start moving.

Juve have been working hard trying to strike a deal with Monaco but Sportmediaset claims that Tiago has already decided to snub them. The midfielder has already turned down moves to Tottenham, Everton and Porto and it seems as if he will turn his back on the Ligue 1 outfit too.

Tiago doesn’t seem a part of Claudio Ranieri’s plans this term and he has been left to rot on the bench as he was not called up to take part in Juve’s recent Champions League qualifier as well as the game against Fiorentina this weekend.

It is unlikely the potential move to Monaco will go through as it doesn’t seem as if they want to pay his €2.6m per season salary.

The choice is now down to Tiago. Juve cannot force him out as he is still under contract with them.

If he does remain, the chances of him playing are thin and he is likely to spend another season as an outcast.

Salvatore Landolina

So he's turned down Spurs, Newcastle, Everton, Porto & Monaco.

Who exactly does this guy think he is? Fucking Maradona or something? I think any club is better off without him if that's his attitude

Your gonna love this.

Apperently he was angry about not getting a chance in the Juve team and saw the the Juve President enter the  Juve washroom, Tiago locked the door and the president was stuck there for an hour untill Alexnadro Del pierro heard him banging on the door and opend it!!