The 2008-09 Betting Thread

Benwell Lad

Ronaldo - I hope you don't mind but I think I'll just copy you next time  :lol:

That's what I want to do, but he only tells us the bets when it's too late!

Seriously though, I think I will just copy any the man put's up, I'm always really unlucky or just... shit. Hope you don't mind Ronaldo  :shifty:

Has anyone tried betting with a formula? Say single bets on all home teams every single Premiership weekend. When I have some free time over the summer, I'll try going back for a couple of seasons, 'betting' using this formula. Who knows, it might be easy money.

Has anyone tried betting with a formula? Say single bets on all home teams every single Premiership weekend. When I have some free time over the summer, I'll try going back for a couple of seasons, 'betting' using this formula. Who knows, it might be easy money.

Unless I misunderstand, you're more likely to be throwing your money away betting against the big guns away from home for the sake of your pattern though surely?

13/5 for a draw tomorrow (Boyle) is too good to miss, just placed £22.25 for a return of just over £80

hope it doesn't come off, obviously

Personally after that Barca game, I'm more confident than ever that Newcastle will stay up. There's no way I'm seeing that £300.

Unless I misunderstand, you're more likely to be throwing your money away betting against the big guns away from home for the sake of your pattern though surely?

The Big 4 have lost 3 away matches each. If the odds are good enough in those matches for the home team, then the profits will cover the other 15 or so matches which they win (and I lose).

I don't know. I want to find a formula which can be applied to most, if not all, matches in the Premiership and just bet using that formula. Obviously I'll need to do research over the past couple of seasons first, to see whether it's been successful. But if I can find one, even if I change it for the big 4 (say, bet on all home teams except when big 4 play away, then bet on them) - then formula will be easy to follow and should make money.

I'd rather not bet based on my hunches because they have proven to be incredibly (!) unreliable. :lol:

barca and inter cost me 300+ quid, jesus :no:

had backed barce...laid them as soon as abidal got sent off.

pisser is i went against my own rule and changed 2 of my first for those tits - seville won yesterday i was gonna have stoke and all

bollox

Seriously though, I think I will just copy any the man put's up, I'm always really unlucky or just... s***. Hope you don't mind Ronaldo  :shifty:

I don't mind a bit, :angel:  to be fair I told you all about my double on friday night

Guest Spark

Had a sneaky fiver treble on:

Milan Juve draw

Atletico Madrid win

Porto Win

Paid 35 quid thanks to Atletico's amazing comeback. Won 90 pound yesterday too so it's been a good weekend.

Seriously though, I think I will just copy any the man put's up, I'm always really unlucky or just... s***. Hope you don't mind Ronaldo  :shifty:

I don't mind a bit, :angel:  to be fair I told you all about my double on friday night

I guess. Though I work at weekends (student) so I don't get a chance to go to the bookies. My online account has no money in it atm you see, I'll put some in I think...

I'm tempted to put £120, all the money in my betfair account on a win for us. Hmmmmmm.

Lay Boro with that or put it on a draw no bet. Youd probably be contemplating suicide if we get beat though.

amateurs

proferssional gambler are you.

in future why not post your bets before the games are played.

a) i was joking

b) yes, I did actually

just seems strange that you'll post a pretty straight forward double before hand but the larger accumulator you'll only inform about when needing one more result to come in,seems particularly strange when someone uses the same games in 2 larger accumulators.

if you post all your bets beforehand we'd also get an idea of how much you lose aswell as win.

sorry if i sound suspicious but i worked with someone who done a similar thing with the horses, you'd always find out about the winners, he'd always be saying "waiting for such and such in the 3-30 for 2 grand" and it was true, but not the whole truth,eventually lost his home and family due to gambling.

amateurs

a) i was joking

b) yes, I did actually

just seems strange that you'll post a pretty straight forward double before hand but the larger accumulator you'll only inform about when needing one more result to come in,seems particularly strange when someone uses the same games in 2 larger accumulators.

if you post all your bets beforehand we'd also get an idea of how much you lose aswell as win.

sorry if i sound suspicious but i worked with someone who done a similar thing with the horses, you'd always find out about the winners, he'd always be saying "waiting for such and such in the 3-30 for 2 grand" and it was true, but not the whole truth,eventually lost his home and family due to gambling.

i'll happily post the skybet slip evidence of any bet i've reported winning. I said on friday night that my big double was Liverpool and Man U. The rest of the accumulators were so long and cheap they weren't really worth posting, most of which f***ed up because of Leeds.

amateurs

a) i was joking

b) yes, I did actually

i'll happily post the skybet slip evidence of any bet i've reported winning. I said on friday night that my big double was Liverpool and Man U. The rest of the accumulators were so long and cheap they weren't really worth posting, most of which f***ed up because of Leeds.

not just the winners,post the losers aswell.