The 2008-09 Betting Thread

Benwell Lad

amateurs

proferssional gambler are you.

in future why not post your bets before the games are played.

a) i was joking

b) yes, I did actually

just seems strange that you'll post a pretty straight forward double before hand but the larger accumulator you'll only inform about when needing one more result to come in,seems particularly strange when someone uses the same games in 2 larger accumulators.

if you post all your bets beforehand we'd also get an idea of how much you lose aswell as win.

sorry if i sound suspicious but i worked with someone who done a similar thing with the horses, you'd always find out about the winners, he'd always be saying "waiting for such and such in the 3-30 for 2 grand" and it was true, but not the whole truth,eventually lost his home and family due to gambling.

i'll happily post the skybet slip evidence of any bet i've reported winning. I said on friday night that my big double was Liverpool and Man U. The rest of the accumulators were so long and cheap they weren't really worth posting, most of which f***ed up because of Leeds.

not just the winners,post the losers aswell.

if you want i'll send you my skybet balance for the month, which stands at £957 in the black

Guest Spark

Had 4 quid on Taylor first goal at 25/1 like. Had a cracking few days with my betting. Up over 200 quid.

Guest Spark

Had 4 quid on Taylor first goal at 25/1 like. Had a cracking few days with my betting. Up over 200 quid.

Not today though..

Eh?

20 big bastards on a win.

Right so I've got about £44 in betfair now. Might try and see if I can get anywhere with this (I appreciate it's a low starting value...) by putting on bets I think might win rather than my usual betting technique of wasting £2-5 at the bookies on a friday with ridiculous accus.

For anyone who does this, do you have any rules about bankroll e.g. never put more than 10% on per bet etc.?

I'll undoubtedly get bored with this after 2-4 weeks and piss it all away on something stupid like the Tour, but it might be more interesting betting on something I actually know a little about.

Right so I've got about £44 in betfair now. Might try and see if I can get anywhere with this (I appreciate it's a low starting value...) by putting on bets I think might win rather than my usual betting technique of wasting £2-5 at the bookies on a friday with ridiculous accus.

For anyone who does this, do you have any rules about bankroll e.g. never put more than 10% on per bet etc.?

I'll undoubtedly get bored with this after 2-4 weeks and piss it all away on something stupid like the Tour, but it might be more interesting betting on something I actually know a little about.

i done exactly that including the 10% thing. once i broke through £100 but got carried away on accu's. since last april i've taken 3 lots of £100 out at seperate times and on top of that had a balance of just under £400 but recently had to rely on a refer and earn to get funds in. learned my lesson re accies (though had a short priced five timer up last night).£78 now in the kitty through mainly singles.

1 Man Utd v Arsenal (Backing  Man Utd @ 1.67)

2 Hoffenheim v B Munich (Backing  B Munich @ 1.51)

3 Hannover v Wolfsburg (Backing  Wolfsburg @ 1.61)

4 Newcastle v Fulham (Backing  The Draw @ 3.59)

5 Chelsea v Blackburn (Backing  Chelsea @ 1.3)

6 Portsmouth v Sunderland (Backing  The Draw @ 3.22)

7 W Bremen v Karlsruhe (Backing  W Bremen @ 1.56)

5 euros @ 96.44 total odds (potential win 477.2)

Not sure about those draws but I reckon the given odds are tempting

Then did a bit of a under/over for the saturday matches

1 Bolton v Hull - Over/Under 2.5 goals (Backing  Under 2.5 Goals @ 1.74)

2 Everton v West Ham - Over/Under 2.5 goals (Backing  Under 2.5 Goals @ 1.78)

3 Man Utd v Arsenal - Over/Under 2.5 goals (Backing  Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.88)

4 Newcastle v Fulham - Over/Under 2.5 goals (Backing  Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.97)

5 Stoke v Wigan - Over/Under 2.5 goals (Backing  Under 2.5 Goals @ 1.7)

6 Tottenham v Man City - Over/Under 2.5 goals (Backing  Under 2.5 Goals @ 2.01)

total odds 39.97

Anyone ever do - what I used to call - 1-2-x accumulators?

You do your regular accumulators with loads of safe bets at relatively short odds, then you find a fixture where all outcomes are have a heavy-top fraction [ie. better than evens] and put your accumulator down three times with different results in that fixture each time.

I'm sure there's a better way to say you're hedging your bets than that, but pfft.

Stoke and Villa to win tomorrow pays 6/1 at Coral

Add on Spurs (if it doesn't make you feel too dirty) and it goes to 11/1

I hate to bet against the Toon but Fulham are 3/1 which is a bit too good to miss

i done exactly that including the 10% thing. once i broke through £100 but got carried away on accu's. since last april i've taken 3 lots of £100 out at seperate times and on top of that had a balance of just under £400 but recently had to rely on a refer and earn to get funds in. learned my lesson re accies (though had a short priced five timer up last night).£78 now in the kitty through mainly singles.

Interesting stuff, cheers. Do you look for value bets in particular or just what you fancy? Are there rough prices you look to bet at? How much of your betting is constrained to English football and how much do you branch out?