The 2008-09 Betting Thread

Benwell Lad

might just put a grand on us to go down in order to soften the blow

It won't soften the blow in the slightest, and there'll be a piece of you fuming about the bet if we stay up. I don't know how people can bet against their own team, I did it once, never again.

if we stay up I wont give a shite about the money, i'll be too busy enjoying the best day of my life

I have £12 on Chelsea, Gers, Celtic, Barca, Arsenal and Pool, return of about £185

£10 on all the above plus West Ham, and Blackburn for a return of about £650, cant be arsed to check that one

and of course £300 for us to go down which will get me a return of £530 should it happen

And the prize for the biggest mercenary bastard so far goes to Ronaldo!

You're a fucking disgrace, and don't give me that bollocks that "the money will soften the blow"!!!

A true supporter of NUFC could never hope to profit from our relegation.

It won't soften the blow in the slightest, and there'll be a piece of you fuming about the bet if we stay up. I don't know how people can bet against their own team, I did it once, never again.

if we stay up I wont give a s**** about the money, i'll be too busy enjoying the best day of my life

I have £12 on Chelsea, Gers, Celtic, Barca, Arsenal and Pool, return of about £185

£10 on all the above plus West Ham, and Blackburn for a return of about £650, cant be arsed to check that one

and of course £300 for us to go down which will get me a return of £530 should it happen

And the prize for the biggest mercenary b****** so far goes to Ronaldo!

You're a f***ing disgrace, and don't give me that bollocks that "the money will soften the blow"!!!

We have all gathered from your posts you know f*** all about football and now you have expressed zero loyalty.  Shameful.

if we stay up I wont give a shite about the money, i'll be too busy enjoying the best day of my life

You're a fucking disgrace, and don't give me that bollocks that "the money will soften the blow"!!!

i've never bet on us not to win like, couldn't do it

if we stay up I wont give a s**** about the money, i'll be too busy enjoying the best day of my life

You're a f***ing disgrace, and don't give me that bollocks that "the money will soften the blow"!!!

it's costing me in the region of £200 to get the the Villa game tomorrow, probably to see us get relegated. Forgive me if I try to cover my own back should the worst happen

Gateshead 125/1 with William Hill to win the Blue Square Premier. Each-way that could be a helluva bet. They've made a 5-figure bid for York's top scorer Brodie, and are in talks with Swailes from Hamilton who was a regular in the SPL this season. Looks like Bogie has a fair bit to spend as well.

Favourites: Shrewsbury, Millwall and Sheffield United to win: £5 pays £85

Underdogs: Gillingham, Scunthorpe and Burnley to win: £5 pays £112

That was the result I hoped for - now come on Scunny and Burnley!

We have all gathered from your posts you know f*** all about football and now you have expressed zero loyalty.  Shameful.

says the boy who thinks Owen is better than Van Persie  O0

:laugh:

it's costing me in the region of £200 to get the the Villa game tomorrow, probably to see us get relegated. Forgive me if I try to cover my own back should the worst happen

£200? Are you hiring your own chauffeur driven Rolls Royce?

And no I won't forgive you, or anyone else, who looks to profit from our relegation.

The other lad was right, you're a fucking disgrace! And don't let too many of the lads at the game know you've backed us to go down, you might end up getting a good kicking.

£200? Are you hiring your own chauffeur driven Roles Royce?

And no I won't forgive you, or anyone else, who looks to profit from our relegation.

The other lad was right, you're a f***ing disgrace! And don't let too many of the lads at the game know you've backed us to go down, you might end up getting a good kicking.

What a tool. Give over man. Giving the chance it's obvious Ronaldo would rather loose the £300 bet and us to stay up. I take it your travelling to Villa tomorrow aswell ?

The other lad was right, you're a fucking disgrace! And don't let too many of the lads at the game know you've backed us to go down, you might end up getting a good kicking.

get a grip you do realise that the bet will have no effect on the outcome of the game and if he wins its not like he will be taking the winnings out of next seasons transfer budget.

says the boy who thinks Owen is better than Van Persie  O0

conversion rate, which is true :iamatwat: ..and dear me what a lousy attempt at a comeback

£10 on Fulham, Airdrie, Liverpool and Portsmouth £123 back

£3 on Gillingham, Burnley, Millwall and Barcelona £136 back

Cant bet against Newcastle

£200? Are you hiring your own chauffeur driven Roles Royce?

The other lad was right, you're a f***ing disgrace! And don't let too many of the lads at the game know you've backed us to go down, you might end up getting a good kicking.

What a tool. Give over man. Giving the chance it's obvious Ronaldo would rather loose the £300 bet and us to stay up. I take it your travelling to Villa tomorrow aswell ?

:thup:

get a grip you do realise that the bet will have no effect on the outcome of the game and if he wins its not like he will be taking the winnings out of next seasons transfer budget.

zero loyalty, i've missed about 12 home games in 16 years mate. I'm essentially spending over £500 on nufc this weekend and hoping that i never see a penny of it again

anyone care to state what sites they use and more particularly do they carry live football to watch. if so which leagues/competitions. particularly trying to get norwegian/swedish games for the summer.

betfair is a good site to use in the sense that people give silly odds and is therefore a very easy way to make money. For example i had stoke wigan under 4.5 goals a few weeks ago and won me a quick and easy £1. There's a lot of banker bets which dont pay big but mount up. I won £20 just on the weekend with a mixture of bankers (over/ under goals) and a chelsea/arsenal/man c terble at 4.5/1

I've put £59.10 on Ancelloti to be next Chelsea manager.

Just quoting this ready for Ancelloti's statement after the Milan game this evening...

Get ready to collect.