Saviola on loan?

Dokko

Guest mobiius

Pretty low risk on loan. If he pushed Alan Smith down the striker pecking order that would be good enough reason for me to bring him in. I'll believe it when it happens though.

yeah my sentiments exactly. Anything that pushes smith further away from active play will only be a plus for us. Saying this is a anal oliverSION story then i won't be holding my breathe but we never know,much as i think anal is a complete twat ,he might ,just might have given kev a heads up and we might try for saviola. If we get him cue the new light blue an white away strip the club will introduce.But then again according to anal's fleet street colleagues we cant attract any players of note so we would probably have no chance of getting him anyway( jonas and colo were just fluke transfers). don't think it will happen but fingers crossed.

Guest newcastle4life

Would be happy but suprised if we got him would improve out striker options especially with the fitness record of Owen and Viduka. ON loan would be good if he plays well keep him he doesnt we havent wasted a big transfer fee.

Play him inbetween Owen and Martins

Gutierrez Guthrie Butt Duff

Owen              Martins

Saviola

Play him inbetween Owen and Martins

Gutierrez Guthrie Butt Duff

Owen               Martins

Saviola

3 at the back? Fuck that!

He'd be a fantastic signing, but only if we can get ourselves an extremely good deep lying playmaker that'll enable us to play the vast majority of our football on the deck, because we can't be playing direct, hopeful balls to any combination of those two and expect to get results.

Give them good service into feet however, and it's a different matter.

Any two of Jonas, Milner, Zoggy and Duff on the wings and two of Martins, Owen and Saviola up front could produce some fantastic pass and move stuff, and would be the type of thing I'd love to see at St. James'. But it'll only work if we've got 2 central midfielders who are very confident, accurate passers of the ball as well as very industrious without it.

Shak's exactly right there. We've almost got the players to make 4-4-2 work nicely. Very good defensive personnel, very good wingers, a selection of very good strikers. But we'll get fucking nothing, and struggle to even maintain a place in the top half, if Nicky Butt and Danny Guthrie are our CM pairing imo.

A lot of the players we've been linked with - Modric, Deco, Arshavin, Arda, Aimar and now Saviola - could play in that free role behind the strikers that was Owen's last season. It does look like Keegan is looking for something specific, probably so that he can push Owen forward.

Edit - or perhaps replace Owen, if the Spurs rumour is to believed.

Guest michaelfoster

he was named as one of FIFA’s 100 greatest living players in 2005.

Bloody hope so, he wouldnt be very useful dead although would probably score more than Smith.

Hes a Owen without injuries in a way, why not?

he moved to Real on a free so I`d imagine his wages are not far off Owen`s too

Don't be daft. He was brought in as a squad player. His wages will not be high.

Robinho is on £30,000 a week for goodness sake.

fair enough, was just a guess. Anyway, doing a bit of research AS claims that the wages earned by Saviola is €2.5 million per year which put off clubs like Benfica from signing him

Think alot on here over-rate him.

so you dont think he's better than our current options?

Its unbelievable we have Alan Smith in our squad and people think Saviola isnt good enough.

We need a striker and pretty much anyone is better than what we've got.

Saviola would be fantastic - 5" 6 or not. He's got a cracking goalscoring record and would have a number of Spanish speakers in the squad to help him acclimatise. Especially if this is a loan it really would be a great signing.