Middlesbrough - Surprise package?

Decky

Towards the end of last season i was beginning to see Middlesbrough as a side who on their day can be very decent, certainly no push overs anyway, today against Spurs there were clears signs of a good side who had they had more form and abit more fitness, they could have won 5-0 today. Could they be in the top 10, or top 8 at the end this season, or will they have their share of bad performances to go with the good ones and finish in the lower half again?

NO, Boro are shit and will be shit this season, the only surprise was how poor Spuds were with their 40mill of new signings on show.

:lol:

Its not always easy to capitalise on a team having a poor performance, you're a Newcastle fan, you should know that :lol:

Burra tbf to them normally step up there game against so called larger opposition and the crowd are normally up for it during these games as well. Yet they normally stumble against teams around the bottom half of the table when attendances tend to be not the best.

is it just me or there seemed to be an unusually big attendance yesterday?

anyway, I don't think they're going anywhere with Southgate in charge

Aye, what a shame success cant be measured on a man's nose.

Guest Stephen927

Did well yesterday and that thought crossed my mind but I'm not convinced yet.

They have to do what they did yesterday against the smaller teams which is where they usually come undone. It's all well and good performing against the top four but if you can't back that up with wins away to Wigan for example then you aren't going to get very far.

Guest Alex20

No.

I said this a couple weeks ago and I'll repeat, Tottenham is going to be the biggest letdown of the season IMO. Of course I might be wrong but I don't see them performing well with that type of defending.

Guest aoliversaknob

Suprise package?????  Could go either way for the smoggs this season, one thing will be sure though - they will still be playing shite footy in a tip pot stadium

I don't think they will be in a relegation battle but I will be surprised if they finish top 11/12. They have some handy players that will seperate them from the likes of Hull, Fulham, Stoke and West Brom.

NO, Boro are s*** and will be s*** this season, the only surprise was how poor Spuds were with their 40mill of new signings on show.

:lol:

Been laughing about that for a while now.

No surprise at all about how bad Spurs were (except to those who believe the Cockney "hype"), but a bit surprised at how good Boro were - but doubt if they will keep it up for long.

One game means nothing, there squad seems to be weaker than last season.

they will finish 13th-20th, and this isnt good.

average crowds no doubt, they even give teams the full stand to try and boost the attendence every week  :laugh:

One game means nothing, there squad seems to be weaker than last season.

they will finish 13th-20th, and this isnt good.

average crowds no doubt, they even give teams the full stand to try and boost the attendence every week  :laugh:

Out of interest why do you think the squad seems weaker?

Compared to last season:

Keeper is gone, Luke Young is gone, Rochemback is gone

Keeper replacement Brad Jones is not good. - worse than Mark S

Justin Hoyte is a decent rightback with potential and youth - equal to Young

George Boateng is gone. But he didn't have a good season last season. Didier Digard played well against Spurs.

Fabio Rochemback wasn't an important player to Boro so his departure is insignificant. Shawky seems alright - at least equal to Rochemback.

Alfonso Alves is bound to improve.

Mido is bound to play more.

Both Tuncay and Aliadere are mildly talented players and both had low key last seasons. They are bound to improve.

Robert Huth is bound to play more, and from the few games he had played he seems quite a good defender.

David Wheater is bound to improve on top of last season good performance.

Gary O'Neill played well in the middle against Spurs.

Stewart Downing is still the productive usual self - and Boro aren't letting him go.

Gareth Southgate is bound to improve too! Judging from his transfer dealing and tactical deployment he is indeed improving.

And how about Marvin Emnes - he is meant to be talented. Lest we forget Julio Arca, a talented versatile player.

Mid to upper table is where Boro belong this season.