Jose Enrique

Tooj

Guest SimaNUFC

He is still young and relitavely naive in a footballing sense. Yes he is a good defender, but one good pass for a winning goal against far inferior opposition and everyone is licking his arse. We still need an established full back to keep him on his toes and improve.

He is still young and relitavely naive in a footballing sense. Yes he is a good defender, but one good pass for a winning goal against far inferior opposition and everyone is licking his arse. We still need an established full back to keep him on his toes and improve.

one who can't defend but can make two good passes maybe?

Guest optimistic nit

i would still play nzogbia against arsenal, but drop enrique in after that. one team that you dont want to play against with someone like enrique in the team is arsenal. it would also be his first league game of the season. play him against hull though.

i would still play nzogbia against arsenal, but drop enrique in after that. one team that you dont want to play against with someone like enrique in the team is arsenal. it would also be his first league game of the season. play him against hull though.

Had the same thing in mind, well said.

Guest SimaNUFC

one who can't defend but can make two good passes maybe?

Nah N'Zogbia is better in midfield.

I'd hoy Enrique in. N'Zogbia looked good in the midfield tonight and the way Arsenal are playing at the minute should mean we go to the Emirates and look for points rather than being overly conservative.

What's "someone like Enrique"? A good defender as opposed to a shit one?

I thought the whole back four played well for the most part, but Enrique was the only one who wasn't directly involved in conceding a goal. Oh, and he made one as well. With a 50 yd pass with the outside of his foot after stopping Coventry's biggest threat in his tracks.

Must have been a fluke eh?

Didn't get that good a view of the pass tonight, anyone care to talk me through it?

Cut the ball from Mifusd, turned around, outside of the foot from 50 yards straight to the path of Owen who scored

Thought it came fairly out of nowhere, awesome.

I thought Enrique looked reasonably good, especially in the tackle where he's immense at muscling people off the ball. Will be great, just needs to be eased in and developed.

Guest optimistic nit

What's "someone like Enrique"? A good defender as opposed to a shit one?

someone who can make the odd mistake (like taylor). i think he's a good defender, but arsenal will give him no time on the ball, and punish any mistake he makes more than any team in the premierleague that doesn't contain ronaldo, so i would rather he didn't play his first pl game against them. nzog is guilty of being too casual at leftback sometimes, but he has the ability to play himself out of trouble and more pace to get back at arsenal (a team full of pace) if he does fuck up, whereas if enrique loses the ball i cant see him catching most of the arsenal team up (i'm not saying he's slow, but he's not as fast as nzogbia).

Guest optimistic nit

Enrique has to play against Arsenal - the Zog would have too many balls played inside hime for overlapping players. Zog on the left of midfield please.

and drop gutierrez ?

move him onto the right.

unless he really isn't as good there, in which case zog could still challenge for a cm or rw spot imo.

we dont have a shearer or ferdinand any more so wingers that cut in could be more keegan's thing, and more than one of owens headed goals this and last season have come from inswinging crosses. he seems to like them.

zog's right foot is also pretty decent, at shooting anyway.

Enrique has to play against Arsenal - the Zog would have too many balls played inside hime for overlapping players. Zog on the left of midfield please.

and drop gutierrez ?

move him onto the right.

unless he really isn't as good there, in which case zog could still challenge for a cm or rw spot imo.

we dont have a shearer or ferdinand any more so wingers that cut in could be more keegan's thing, and more than one of owens headed goals this and last season have come from inswinging crosses. he seems to like them.

zog's right foot is also pretty decent, at shooting anyway.

n'zogbia hasn't done enough in the past 2 years in either position to consider shifting the team round for him. hope he proves it in the future.

I'm far more worried about the form of Habib Beye.

form or just last nights performance ?

Form, looks a bit disinterested.

I'm hoping like i suspected from Gutierrez tonight, Keegan has told him to take it easy and not pick up an injury but who knows.

Form, looks a bit disinterested.

I'm hoping like i suspected from Gutierrez tonight, Keegan has told him to take it easy and not pick up an injury but who knows.

I thought he took a couple of games to get up to speed last season, he probably just needs games.