Jose Enrique

Tooj

Not really but his peformence in pre-season pretty much caused him to get dropped.

Anyway i expect to see him starting against Coventry.

He should start against Bolton, Charlie as left-wing, Jonas on the right and Duff out of the team.

FYP

Charlie can still be Toon darling

Aug 23 2008 by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

......Keegan added: “I am trying to keep Charlie in the side somewhere, as I’ve got a lot of players who play in the same position.

“It’s tough on Jose, because he’s trained very hard, but I just felt Charlie’s experience of the Premier League, and his ability to get forward, might help us at Old Trafford.

“I thought he did very well.

“I still think he’s learning the left-back position a bit, but for me the pluses far outweigh the minuses, and that’s why I played him.

“He plays left-back for the French Under-21s, so I’m not asking him to play a position he doesn’t know.

“He’s never complained. He’s been absolutely fantastic.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/08/23/charlie-can-still-be-toon-darling-72703-21591734/

Charlie can still be Toon darling

Aug 23 2008 by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

......Keegan added: I am trying to keep Charlie in the side somewhere, as Ive got a lot of players who play in the same position.

Its tough on Jose, because hes trained very hard, but I just felt Charlies experience of the Premier League, and his ability to get forward, might help us at Old Trafford.

I thought he did very well.

I still think hes learning the left-back position a bit, but for me the pluses far outweigh the minuses, and thats why I played him.

He plays left-back for the French Under-21s, so Im not asking him to play a position he doesnt know.

Hes never complained. Hes been absolutely fantastic.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/08/23/charlie-can-still-be-toon-darling-72703-21591734/

I'm not normally one to question KK but that is complete bullshit.

Guest Howaythetoon

He got lots of joy today (space) and was very involved, but he sent in too many poor crosses, hesitated too much and couldn't quite get his feet right to dribble effectively. He was a threat though.

I really don't know what our strongest back four or midfield is anymore. It's up front where we kind of have problems. But even then we have midfielders who can fit in and do a job.....

I'm a big fan of Enrique, I just don't know who is the best back four atm.

Too true, the more N'Zogbia plays well in midfield the less likely it is that he'll get bunked back to defensive duties.

Jose played alright tonight, still a bit raw but definately alot more attacking. Can't help but think that Keegans been wrapping him in cottom wool a bit for whatever reason though.

Enrique is a defender first and foremost, and he did that job outstandingly tonight.

Importantly I think N'Zogbia had a good game too. :thup:

He was excellent. The link up play between the two of them was pretty inventive at times.

Agree he is a better defender but he got forward plenty times tonight and his ball for the winner was supurb. Having said that I thought the Zog was a real threat all night and worthy of his place - I just think he needs to player higher up the pitch where instinct as opposed to vision is key. But Guti has to play so.... bloody glad KK is manager

I really don't know what our strongest back four or midfield is anymore. It's up front where we kind of have problems. But even then we have midfielders who can fit in and do a job.....

I'm a big fan of Enrique, I just don't know who is the best back four atm.

I'd say same back four as tonight taking out Bassong and another new centre back to pair with Coloccini, still not 100% convinced by Taylor, Bassong already looks at a similar level to Taylor and he's only been here a few months.

I got quite infuriated when receiving a text from one of my mates when Enrique played that pass and said it's about time the useless fucker done something like that. Obviously the fact he never bothers to watch us play or he would have seen the countless times Enrique can make quality passing, whether it be short stuff or like some of the lovely passes he played down the left hand side to Oba last season.

Enrique's got a cracking long ball on him. Played in a beauty of a ball towards the end of the final period too, just missed Owen's head.

Only saw extra-time today but he looked good. A bit crazy how he hasn't been playing so far this season; but i expect him to get a start against Arsenal after that performance. It'll be interesting to see what Keegan does against l'Arse tbh... i can imagine it'll be Owen and Milner upfront - Zog left, Jonas right. :thup:

Still very one footed :lol:

I like him though.

Well Jon, his natural instinct is to defend which he does impeccably IMO, but If he was more comfortable going forward he could probably do it pretty well.