Spiderman, Charlie, Milner and Duff v Geremi

Crumpy Gunt

So far the horrible shite player that is Geremi has shown the others up in terms of quality crosses into the box.

Bingo 1-0 yesterday with his first ball into the danger zone, BANG Owen puts his next just wide.

I think one or two need to look at themselves.

Milner put in a ball almost identical to Geremi but Owen didn't score that one.

Lets not turn this into another Milner debate btw, I would have said exactly the same for Jonas, Charlie or Duff if I was them put in a similar ball.

Agreed on all bar Jonas, he needs a chance first.

I agree totally. But as skillful as his close control seems to be his crossing into the box has so far been wayward. He hits it far too long to be of any use.

No doubt KK will read my post and alter his tactics / advice accordingly.

Guest musika

It's like the Wizard of Oz.

N'Zogbia has no brains

Duff has no heart

Milner has no technical ability

and Geremi has no legs.

:lol:

Jonas has put some cracking balls in, Taylor's header against Valencia for a start. He put a peach in with his left foot too, I think against PSV. Deserves a chance before getting written off I think. :lol:

I thought it was fairly obvious last season that Geremi was the best crosser at the club (apart from his corners which he consistently disappoints with). Everyone made their mind up about him after about three games last season when he's actually a fine player, he has a mare every now and then but has loads of end product.

Milner's crossing seems to be getting worse (the season with the Sib he was pretty consistent) and Duff's just a plain and simple disgrace.

I agree totally. But as skillful as his close control seems to be his crossing into the box has so far been wayward. He hits it far too long to be of any use.

Get the winger on the opposite side running in and those balls become deadly.

:lol:

His crossing looks alright to me so far tbh. All of our crossing as a team is hit and miss though, I don't think we can rely on anyone to get a decent ball in every single time. Not really a problem though as long as at least a few are on the button over 90mins. We should have had at least three goals from crosses yesterday (the other Owen chance and the Milner one he put over).

Get the winger on the opposite side running in and those balls become deadly.

He's too slow to get there ;)

All of our crossing as a team is hit and miss though, I don't think we can rely on anyone to get a decent ball in every single time.

Whilst no-one is ever going to be 100% reliable, you can bank on Milner to deliver utter shite 99% of the time in the crossing department.

I'm taking his one decent one this season as being the exception proving the rule.

Can someone remind me again why we play a winger who can't cross or beat his man?

charlie was a bit hitty missy but he sent in a peach of a cross in the first half that Martins somehow failed to get on the end of.  Apart from late on when he picked out Geremi when we seemed to have made about 20 passes and eventually played charlie in and he got to the bye line, his final ball was poor, as was milners.

charlie was a bit hitty missy but he sent in a peach of a cross in the first half that Martins somehow failed to get on the end of.  Apart from late on when he picked out Geremi when we seemed to have made about 20 passes and eventually played charlie in and he got to the bye line, his final ball was poor, as was milners.

Here lies the difference between our current wingers, in comparison with the days where we had Robert & Solano. These days, it seems that people pick out 1 or 2 crosses or match that were good, whereas with the previous two, you couldn't, because they would regularly supply good balls.

There were some stats on crossing in the observer yesterday, showing 'total crosses' per team. I think there were 15 teams in the table and we werent in it. Even Man U were in the table and they've only played one game.

That doesnt reflect the quality of the crossing of course.

The Last Word on SS showed most of Owen's goals from headers, most were frrom Geremi's crosses. You can't criticise Jonas for his crosses (& they say his assists in La Liga was impressive) but Milner, Zog & Duff all need to improve. As everyone knows though Geremi has no legs, he's completely gone so the quicker the others improve their delivery the better.

Wow, 2 games in a people are still bitiching like spoilt american 16 year olds.

FFS, we've played two super awkward games, one against the champions and one against utter c***s which was almost like trench warfare.

We unlocked them, we got the points, it worked.  Be pleased.

Guest MrShens

So far the horrible s**** player that is Geremi...

Apart from his set pieces (which are rather terrible), Geremi's a really good player imo so I have no idea why you'd say that... it's almost as if you've put him on par with Alan Smith.

Wow, 2 games in a people are still bitiching like spoilt american 16 year olds.

FFS, we've played two super awkward games, one against the champions and one against utter c***s which was almost like trench warfare.

We unlocked them, we got the points, it worked.  Be pleased.

magnificent; deride on the one hand, become what you deride on the other

;)

Geremi is a decent player to bring on though, yes he hasn't got the legs anymore, and maybe he doesn't put every ball into the box as good, but you know at least once when he is on the pitch that he will put one superb ball into the box which the strikers should be tapping in, just like Saturday