Coventry 2 - 3 Newcastle (CC) - 26/08/08 - post match reaction from page 36

James

Cracking finish like, right in the top corner, no doubt we will get some more Given slating for that beaten from distance blah blah blah.

Milner could have had a hatrick but for some good defending, nice and bright though good passing, Jonas not in it enough though, need Owen and drop Jonas off a bit.

That was fucking pathetic defending from Beye, really pissed me off that we gave away a goal just like that

Geremi looks really poor, but other than that the rest all look pretty good.

Problem is we are playing with no strikers, i can recall a moment when we had N'Zogbia, Milner, Jonas and Enrique on the left wing and not a single body in their penalty area!

That last goal really ruined what was otherwise a really good half,  Milner was our best player for me.

We've been superb but Coventry are piss poor TBH. We should be about 5-0 up, i had a feeling they would score whilst we were being a bit cocky. Never mind, have full confidence we will win this game. If Owen comes on in the second half they will have no chance.

Good goal by Morrison, totally against the run of play, never mind role on second half.

N'Zogbia has been pretty good when given the chance to play up front, better than Jonas who looks a bit out of place in the striker role..

From today's performance, I can't see any reason why Jose shouldn't start on Saturday against Arsenal.

Oh, and Geremi really isn't a winger, and Guthrie hasn't been on his toes either

Guest musika

Get butterflies in my stomoch! Great play from Newcastle. José, Coloccini, Bassong, Jonás, Zoggy, Guthrie and Geremi have all played really well.

I still don't like Milner. He got a goal, did some things but should have scored 4 goals by now...

With 2 strikers on the pitch it would have been 5-1.

I can't believe you think Guthrie has made "great play" and then you trash Milner. Says it all about the warped perception of Milner.

Milner did well, recreating his under 21 form for us for once. It's funny how these performances always come against immensely inferior sides though.

Said the same thing when watching it. He is playing exactly how he plays for the U21's, if he did this for us every week he would be class.