James Milner joins Aston Villa - £12m!

Ally
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Surprising fact is that Shaun Wright-Phillips is 27 years old. I'd be a bit worried about buying another Chelsea reject who has barely played for the last few years. I'd rather we bought cheaper from abroad.

really??? 27?

Born 25 October 1981.

26 then  :razz:

and 10 months.

Nearing the end of his 27th year ;)

Guest Mucky01

We desperately need players in, especially if Milner leaves.

Absolutely.

and how much are we forking out for our “recruitment team”? – start earning it soon methinks!!!!!!!!!!!

lets get this thing into perspective, Martin O'Neil has wanted Milner for a feel, and Milner knows this. He is currently on £30,000 a week, Villa have probably said we will give you £60,000, this has probably being going on for a while now, Milner probably thought we would sell for £7million. What annoys me is the fact he has waited 5 days before the end of the transfer window to put the request in, the day after he stood on Sky Sports and said "I just want to play football, Iam not bothered by what is written in the press". O'Neill has obviosuly said to him, you have to request to leave if you want your £60,000 a week. Which he has, Go and sign SWP and let the mercenary leave, he doesnt care about us so why should we care about him  :rant:

so itll be a half fit Owen upfront with a novice striker Spidey and Geremi out on the right against Arsenal, OMG.

You mean the Geremi who has continually out played James Milner?

Hell yeah!

I love how Milner has all of a sudden become our best player in the space of a couple of hours.

I guarantee you know one will remember the guy in a couple of weeks time. Lets get in the replacement who is virtually guaranteed to be a better player.

You don't win anything with a team of James milners! Even freakin' Souness knew this. Get real.

This thread is really pissing me off now.

Absolutely.

and how much are we forking out for our “recruitment team”? – start earning it soon methinks!!!!!!!!!!!

They've probably all earnt their wages with Gutierrez.

Why are people having a go at Villa. They didn't need to tap him up they have wanted him for ages.

The guy wants to go so let him go. I swear we could buy a better player for £1 million. Get over it.

He is never a first teamer here, but will be at Villa so fair enough.

As far as the trasnfer request goes, in hindsight, maybe he has just done this so we do not have to give him a loyalty payment, which is fair enough.

For what it's worth I think Keegan has been bigging him up to get a better fee for him. I thinkt he same tactic has been used regarding Smith also.

I cannot wait for who we will be bringing in as a replacement, especially as our signings this summer have been gold so far.

name me a better player that you could get for £1mil.

Absolutely.

Been the case for 2-3 years, squads been too thin since souness came. There seems a difference between the players we actually want and the ones that will actually sign bar a few cases. I hope we get 4 or more players in, really wont be holding my breath tho

He's ignoring that fact and others because it doesn't fit into his anti-Ashley agenda. Note how he only seems to post on here when there is a window of opportunity to criticise Ashley.

I've very rarely criticised Ashley actually, I've mostly just criticised the hypocritical muppets who fawn over his every word or deed (or more aptly lack of word and lack of deed).

I am criticising him - or whoever has the job - over this though.

Milner is one year into a new four-year deal. I don't think it's unreasonable at all for the club to be telling him to f*** off if wants a payrise already (and based on what anyway?). And why should we look to sell him? KK wants to keep him, and we'd have to pay him his loyalty bonus. Force him to act if he's so demanding.

It doesn't benefit Milner leaving it until this late in the transfer window. Milner has been very professional about this, not like other players who have wanted to leave and left the club in a weaker position. If the club is left with either no time to get a replacement, or with an unhappy player on it's hands, then it's the clubs own fault for not sorting it out one way or the other sooner.

Why are people having a go at Villa. They didn't need to tap him up they have wanted him for ages.

The guy wants to go so let him go. I swear we could buy a better player for £1 million. Get over it.

As far as the trasnfer request goes, in hindsight, maybe he has just done this so we do not have to give him a loyalty payment, which is fair enough.

For what it's worth I think Keegan has been bigging him up to get a better fee for him. I thinkt he same tactic has been used regarding Smith also.

I cannot wait for who we will be bringing in as a replacement, especially as our signings this summer have been gold so far.

Jonas?

I'll be sad to see him to go to be honest, unlike others he always puts in a full shift, happy or not, and after the way he's been f***ed around by the club in the past I don't blame him for wanting off.

Shepherd and Souness treated him like crap. He's been rewarded with plenty of first team appearances and a new contract since, and the people at the club who shat over him arent here anymore. They're also generally accepted to have been clueless. He's got no reason to still hold a grudge.

I think he wants out because apart from the money/wage he's probably being offered by ONeill, he wants to be a first teamer, and he'll get that at Villa. With us, as soon as Viduka, Owen and Martins are fit (second half of this season?), we'll probably go back to the 4-3-1-2, and with Gutierrez looking a far better footballer than Milner and similarly capable of playing in various attacking positions, along with Joey Barton's return at some stage later in the season, Milner is going to struggle to get on the first team sheet. Its a long way from now, but I can see it happening. Contrasts to Villa, where I can see him being a gauranteed first teamer under a manager who clearly loves him and at a club where he has little competition for his specific spot.

The money thing is clearly an issue, and it could be said that Milner is the unfortunate one that we are deciding to make an example of. Taylor's contract wranglings were partly to do with Charlie and Milner being on better terms whilst being of similar stature at the club (young player, first team regular, U21 international). Taylor gets the deal he wants, so Milner wants more, because he feels is of the same stature at the club, etc, etc...... The vicous circle would continue on and on unless the board dig their heels in, which they seemingly have done with Milner.

Can someone remind me why SWP would necessarily want to move to us over Everton or Man City? Both can offer first team european football (if city beat that poor Danish team), same wages/perks i'd imagine, higher finishes last season in the Prem.

Jonas?

I doubt we only paid £1m for Jonas. That would leave him severely out of pocket.

Palacios initially cost Bruce 1 million Euros and there are many more out there.

Guest Mucky01

Absolutely.

They've probably all earnt their wages with Gutierrez.

what even when you consider how many players have left in the summer when we had a small squad already? Hold on to your seats it’s going to be a bumpy ride unless we get bodies in – good ones preferred.

Can someone remind me why SWP would necessarily want to move to us over Everton or Man City? Both can offer first team european football (if city beat that poor Danish team), same wages/perks i'd imagine, higher finishes last season in the Prem.

Because we'll offer him more money, City are in a well publicized shambles and history has proven that nobody really wants to sign for Everton given the choice.

From villatalk:

He may be wanting a move and hoping we come in for him and I think he might just be lucky there.  Let's hope we put in a £10m bid now to clinch it before Liverpool bid £6m to give him his "dream move" and before Freddie changes his mind once again!

:lol:

Palacios initially cost Bruce 1 million Euros and there are many more out there.

ah right, problem solved then. lets just go and get one of those "many more" sell Milner for £10mil and we're laughing!