James Milner joins Aston Villa - £12m!

Ally
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I have to say, the board have made the best of a bad situation here. Conning £12,000,000 out of someone for James fucking Milner? Hats off to the guys at the top i say, very very well played.

We desperately, desperately need a right midfielder, and we've got 72 hours to find one.

That's why we're letting you financially bumrape us for him.

Nah, haven't you read the thread, it's a piece of piss to find someone much better and cheaper (fee & wages) than Milner.

My God you are right...we should never have let Milner go for even £20million !!! He is irreplaceable!!!!   :suicide:

Well if we don't get someone in before the transfer window closes then, erm, yes, he is.

Well since he wasn't playing at the end of last season through injury, he clearly isn't.

Last season Milner contributed a grand total of two

assists to Newcastle - fewer than renowned creator Joey Barton - and

boasted a cross completion rate of just 18.39% - worse than ace

flankers Stephen Hunt, Eddie Lewis and George McCartney. Newcastle

won a mere 24% of the matches in which Milner featured, compared to

44% of those in which he didn't play.

i'll just post this from the guardian's fiver for a bit of perspective!

12m....ba ha ha :lol:

I'm guessing Smith, Viduka and Duff are all on more than Milner wage wise. If Mike Ashley wants to save a few quid on wages then get rid of them before Milner ffs. Keegan and the rest of the players no doubt pissed off.

p.s. i know some of you will disagree that Milner is not better than viduka, but your very wrong   :razz:  

I agree with you :) The fat aussie is hear to pick up his wages and will spend well over half the season injured.

This is not about Viduka, Smith or Duff and what wages they are on. It's about the club receiving a bid for a wantaway player at four times his worth.

I disagree, this is the club panicking and getting rid of assets people will actually buy, nobody would touch Viduka, Smith or Duff on the wages they are on with the track record they have hence why they are still here.

N'zogbia wanted out and even said so but he is still here!!! Milner was a sucess at Aston Villa and with the lack of right wingers about he is a very sellable asset and with the window approaching his value has risen.

Not at all disputing that 12 Mil is good value for money but it is the fact we need the money and won't be spending any that is dis-heartening :(

D Man speaks sense.

Even the bit where he states the club won't spend any of the money?

Nothing would make me happier than to be flamed on Tuesday when Robinho, Arshavin and a few more join but I just can't see it.

Please god prove me wrong but too many players are moving and we are doing nothing...

If we don't get a replacement for Milner in time, the board and management wont be to blame, it will be James Milner, Aston Villa and the PFA at fault.

Why Villa?

They heard that a player they wanted was officaly put on the transfer list by his club due to his request and signed him, they've done nothing wrong imo.

Guest Geordiesned

We desperately, desperately need a right midfielder, and we've got 72 hours to find one.

That's why we're letting you financially bumrape us for him.

Nah, haven't you read the thread, it's a piece of piss to find someone much better and cheaper (fee & wages) than Milner.

My God you are right...we should never have let Milner go for even £20million !!! He is irreplaceable!!!!   :suicide:

Well if we don't get someone in before the transfer window closes then, erm, yes, he is.

Well since he wasn't playing at the end of last season through injury, he clearly isn't.

Yep you're right, Geremi or Barton are the answer. (since they're the ones who replaced him at the end of last season)

If we don't get a replacement for Milner in time, the board and management wont be to blame, it will be James Milner, Aston Villa and the PFA at fault.

Why Villa?

They heard that a player they wanted was officaly put on the transfer list by his club due to his request and signed him, they've done nothing wrong imo.

They blatantly tapped him up.

wrong.

it's a risk about how much they feel the need to replace him straight away up against getting over the top cash for a player (jonas,germei,duff can all play there) but the club could have said no.(however if 12mill is true i hope they don't say no). there is no "fault". the situation has been brought about by greed though.

Fuck me, talk about irreplaceable. How are we going to survive this tragedy??

Even Milner lovers like me has to admit that 12m is purely a robbery, an open rape, assassination, sexual discrimination etc blah blah blah any kind of crime you can think off.

Jonas right, NZogbia left, Enrique LB, Kazenga as winger backup, try to find a player who can play as winger and striker---everything solved.

Guest Geordiesned

At the end of the day it's Newcastle's decision to sell regardless of what Milner wants.

Why Villa?

when you tap someone up it's in order to get them to want to leave and drive the price DOWN

:lol:

Don't know about that... although i congratulate the board for getting a hefty fee for the player; if it is true that they have known about his desire to leave (which i can imagine is probably true), then they realy should have had something sorted by now. Let's hope they've got a Larsson or a Lennon waiting to come in as soon as the Milner deal is done - if not, then we're in a bit of trouble. Milner is average but an important member of the squad, no doubt.

Why Villa?

Chances are his agent informed Villa of his availability.

Guest Geordiesned

Robinho, Arshavin and a few more. Nowt like realistic transfer targets.

That's what amuses me about some of the comments in here. Some people think as we have £12 million for a player (if that figure is correct, if it goes through and minus the money to be passed onto Leeds) then we'll automatically sign a better player despite the fact we aren't in Europe and once a player of such stature becomes available the clubs who are willing to pay greater wages will join the chase.

Guest elbee909

If you can't see the irony in that then.....

:jesuswept: :jesuswept: :jesuswept:

Guest Geordiesned

Reading a few Villa forums the words "final piece of the jigsaw" are turning up all over the shop. Fail.

:laugh:

Are they calling him "jet-heeled" again?

Guest fraser

That's what amuses me about some of the comments in here. Some people think as we have £12 million for a player (if that figure is correct, if it goes through and minus the money to be passed onto Leeds) then we'll automatically sign a better player despite the fact we aren't in Europe and once a player of such stature becomes available the clubs who are willing to pay greater wages will join the chase.

We've already signed one better player in Guttierez.