James Milner joins Aston Villa - £12m!

Ally
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

IF he goes,which now seems likely. i wonder if there'll be a chorus of "there's only one greedy b******" on his return.

(i'm very pissed off with his behaviour over this even if the outcome-12mill if true- is fantastic for us)

So - we may now have £12M to spend from the sale of Milner.

The Oxford English Dictionary definition of a "Selling Club"  -  (Can only buy when they sell . .  so NO PROGRESS ever to be made)

Waddle / Beardsley / Gasgoigne  -  the good old days are BACK!

(Don't have a go at me!)

We didn't have to sell Milner to buy, we're selling him because he wants out. If Man U had sold Ronaldo, would that have made them a "Selling club"? You need to look at the circumstances of the sale before sticking a label on like that.

I understand all that.

However, the evidence is that Ashley has been reluctant to seriously spend before now.

If he does spend now - I wonder if that will be a mere coincidence?

Have you read Ashley's interview in the Official Magazine Manorpark?

Manorpark - reluctant to spend? Surely bids for Coloccini, Modric, Aimer, Inler etc. show that there's money to spend.

How many times does this really need to be pointed out?

Oh my god  -  "B I D S" . . .

(or even more accurately  -  "reported bids").

How many times does THAT need to be pointed out?

3m for Leeds and 9m to us then?

More like £2m and £10m iyam, hence the hardball stance over the bids (ie we rate him at £10m but don't want to give Leeds any of that).

Although I'm sure someone said these clauses only apply to money over the original fee, so it wouldn't work out like that. ???

IF he goes,which now seems likely. i wonder if there'll be a chorus of "there's only one greedy b******" on his return.

(i'm very pissed off with his behaviour over this even if the outcome-12mill if true- is fantastic for us)

I don't really blame Milner, I think he'd have stayed given any encouragement. He gambled and he lost basically.

i blame him because he signed a contract last year and wanted a better deal because someone else got one. that someone else was in the last year of his contract (the normal time for renegotiating contracts). pure and simple greed IMO.

It could be argued he was worth a better contract (not my opinion though) and he probably thought it was worth a go to ask for one. In any case, it's a good day for the club. A great fee for an average player, and a message sent out to the rest of the squad. Be careful what you wish for...

he agreed to the contract and knew what it meant,he also knew that it meant should he play poorly and not be in the first team squad he'd still get paid at that level. it cuts both ways but players now want it all one way. i stand by my "pure greed" opinion.

Well, regardless, he's welcome to fuck off to Villa and earn his higher salary there.

The Oxford English Dictionary definition of a "Selling Club"  -  (Can only buy when they sell . .  so NO PROGRESS ever to be made)

(Don't have a go at me!)

We didn't have to sell Milner to buy, we're selling him because he wants out. If Man U had sold Ronaldo, would that have made them a "Selling club"? You need to look at the circumstances of the sale before sticking a label on like that.

I understand all that.

However, the evidence is that Ashley has been reluctant to seriously spend before now.

A fine objective piece of writing, in a well respected independently funded publication.

(Don't have a go at me!)

I understand all that.

A fine objective piece of writing, in a well respected independently funded publication.

In other words, no you haven't.

£12 million??????????? Seriously £12 million.  :cheesy:

Either MON sees something that everyone in Newcastle has missed for the last couple of years, or he has been on the  :toke:

:dance:

I said before I think he'll do ok for Villa, hish high, hopeful crosses will probably find their way towards Villa's big men. Pointless in our style of play though.

Manorpark - reluctant to spend? Surely bids for Coloccini, Modric, Aimer, Inler etc. show that there's money to spend.

How many times does this really need to be pointed out?

Oh my god  -  "B I D S" . . .

(or even more accurately  -  "reported bids").

How many times does THAT need to be pointed out?

Fine then, lets look at facts. Coloccini for a reported 9m going up to 10.3m - also reported to have signed the 'contract of his life'.

True, the Modric bid (I'll forget the Aimer & Inler ones because as Dave said, could be wrong) was made before any players were sold. In the end the deal didn't come off but it shows that the money is there for players of the right calibre. Gutierrez had an original asking price of 10m but we got around the via a loophole, but I imagine we still had to pay a few to get him in.

There's a difference between 'selling to buy' and simply getting rid of players that are no good for us.

The good old 'he's lying' defence. Pretty hard to get out of that one tbh.

Well, actually you do not need to specifically (identifiably) "lie" to deliberately mislead . . . as any politician or rich businessman will tell you!

Milners worth about 5m, to get close to 10 would be an absolute raping.

It will have been said many times on this thread but i will say it again we need to find a replacement.

We desperately, desperately need a right midfielder, and we've got 72 hours to find one.

That's why we're letting you financially bumrape us for him.

How are you lot for strikers?

Ameobi- 6m

Smith- 8m

;)

I doubt the fee will ever be made officially public. Aston Villa and Newcastle aren't PLCs so neither have to announce the fee. I wonder if we could get away with telling Leeds we sold him for £4m and then pay them peanuts for the sell on clause?

I'm very concerned about us getting any replacements. At the start of the window Keegan said he wanted 5 or 6 new players with no players leaving. Now we've had more players leave (admittedly a lot of them were shite) than come in. I can't see us getting 3 in by Monday never mind a 4th to replace Milner.

Guest neesy111

no matter your views on the board they have done extremely well in getting buyers for our players this summer:

milner 12M

emre 4.5M

rozenhal 3.5M

carr released and shola hopefully going out on loan somewhere

if this was 2 years back we would of got 8 million at most for them 3

:angry:      :angry:    :angry:  Absolutely gutted if he goes!! If we haven't got a better replacement lined up then we've just taken a huge step backwards. I thought/hoped/expected we'd keep him AND sign at least add one or two more quality players.

The lad was nice, honest, hard working, not injury prone, two footed, talented, young, very versatile and getting better. A very valuable member of our paper thin squad Keegan must be very frustrated and doing his nut. He would have walked ove something like this in the past (and i woulden't be shocked if he does now) The players too have complained that our squad's not big enough and this will do our team spirit no good at all.  :dave:  :dave:    :dave:  A VERY BAD SIGN OF THINGS TO COME< WE HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE OF COMPETEING WITH THE BIG BOYS IF WE CAN@T KEEP EVEN THE JAMES MILNERS OF THIS WORLD

KK can't be happy with this...

That's the only thing that worries me.

Though tbf he's been saying similar nice things about Smith and Ameobi that everyone was so keen to dismiss as fibs, so why not the same here? As always, it depends on who comes in. If we get someone like Arda (from what I've seen of him, anyway), KK won't give a flying fuck that Milner's gone.