James Milner joins Aston Villa - £12m!

Ally
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Geordiesned

Robinho, Arshavin and a few more. Nowt like realistic transfer targets.

That's what amuses me about some of the comments in here. Some people think as we have £12 million for a player (if that figure is correct, if it goes through and minus the money to be passed onto Leeds) then we'll automatically sign a better player despite the fact we aren't in Europe and once a player of such stature becomes available the clubs who are willing to pay greater wages will join the chase.

We've already signed one better player in Guttierez.

Yes - one. We've been beaten to the signatures of several others though.

That's what amuses me about some of the comments in here. Some people think as we have £12 million for a player (if that figure is correct, if it goes through and minus the money to be passed onto Leeds) then we'll automatically sign a better player despite the fact we aren't in Europe and once a player of such stature becomes available the clubs who are willing to pay greater wages will join the chase.

allegedly

James Milner put in a transfer request. The club didn't want to sell him.

Milner just wanted more money. We should have given him the extra 10k or whatever.

Milner just wanted more money. We should have given him the extra 10k or whatever.

http://www.avfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~1378813,00.html

Milner Completes Move

England Under-21 international James Milner today became Villa's eighth summer signing as he completed his switch from Barclays Premier League rivals Newcastle United.

Milner, who spent the 2005-06 season on loan at Villa, scoring three goals in 33 League and cup appearances, has returned signing a four year deal.

The 22-year-old completed a medical at Bodymoor Heath this morning.

Guest fraser

Only Modric in a similar position; the rest are paper talk. My point is simply that there are better players available who would still join us and will; depending upon one's rating of Milner obviously.

Even Milner lovers like me has to admit that 12m is purely a robbery, an open rape, assassination, sexual discrimination etc blah blah blah any kind of crime you can think off.

Jonas right, NZogbia left, Enrique LB, Kazenga as winger backup, try to find a player who can play as winger and striker---everything solved.

That Milner kid at Villa can play Striker and either Wing.

This wow signing best be really WOW otherwise we are screwed.

Even Milner lovers like me has to admit that 12m is purely a robbery, an open rape, assassination, sexual discrimination etc blah blah blah any kind of crime you can think off.

Jonas right, NZogbia left, Enrique LB, Kazenga as winger backup, try to find a player who can play as winger and striker---everything solved.

That Milner kid at Villa can play Striker and either Wing.

This wow signing best be really WOW otherwise we are screwed.

can play either wing and was a striker on tuesday

Guest BeatMakerz

well I like Milner but if the reports are right you can't turn that kind of deal down  :celb: , now we forget him and turn our attentions to getting new faces in, we are usually involved in the last few days of the TW, I know KK won't just panic buy.

SSN just confirmed he has signed 4 year deal with Villa now :(

Wonder what Keegan will have to say, surely we will get a quote from him today?

People calling for a replacement, we still havent replaced Faye, before people say Colo we needed him before getting rid of Faye. Hate to be negative, but i honestly cant see this window closing well for us.