James Milner joins Aston Villa - £12m!

Ally
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Was not going to post but some people are so f***ing stupid its unreal!  Keegan talk up the player to make him play better or in this case build the hype to sell him.  Would you like him to say yeah james is s*** at crossing etc and get 3mil. Come on people use a bit of common sense.

And you people not think keegan or the board has some one lined up??? wake up.  The club like to keep transfers hush hush now but stupid people on here have to know who were after every single day or there world ends. 

Seriously though why are .com stirring it up so much, almost as bad as the bastard S*n some of the drivel they're coming out with!! Tits.

The same people slating the fans for having a go (telling us to stay 'uinted' etc) when we were getting raped on the pitch last season.

Bunch of stupid, fickle up themselves cunts really.

I don't believe there's any way this deal would have gone through without the knowledge that there was someone lined up to come in. Everyone knows the squad was thin and players needed, so it would be madness to sell without a guarantee of bodies coming in.

What an absolute shambles. The only right winger we have, and a good one, and we get rid.

This club is run by wankers. "ooh, he's a billionaire businessman".....bollocks. He's clearly a decent discount retailer, but he's no business man. Putting wise on the Board was a perfect example of this.

Anyone that thinks the likes of Duff can do a job out there hasn't been f***ing watching.

Yet again, Newcastle United prove ourselves to be so far from the big clubs its painful.

We are not even in the second tier of clubs now - the lieks of Spurs, Everton and Villa have moved on, while we've been dragged back by the stupid c***s in charge, with arseholes on forums like this still trying to suck him off because he's fat, pretends to be a fan, and drinks pints.

Stil, i'm sure Dennis Wise has a fantastic signing up his sleeve. hahahaahahahahaaha.

Shouldn't you have waited to post that on Monday at 12.00pm?

If we get quality in then what's the problem? If we don't I agree with everthing you just said   :lol:

I don't believe there's any way this deal would have gone through without the knowledge that there was someone lined up to come in. Everyone knows the squad was thin and players needed, so it would be madness to sell without a guarantee of bodies coming in.

Valencia's on his way I bet.

Valencia's on his way I bet.

would be happy with that

Guest black n white

(to .com)

Get the f*** out, I'd rather have a fit Dyer over Milner any day of the week.

Agree

a fit dyer ahhahahaha thats a laugh

What an absolute shambles. The only right winger we have, and a good one, and we get rid.

This club is run by wankers. "ooh, he's a billionaire businessman".....bollocks. He's clearly a decent discount retailer, but he's no business man. Putting wise on the Board was a perfect example of this.

Anyone that thinks the likes of Duff can do a job out there hasn't been f***ing watching.

Yet again, Newcastle United prove ourselves to be so far from the big clubs its painful.

We are not even in the second tier of clubs now - the lieks of Spurs, Everton and Villa have moved on, while we've been dragged back by the stupid c***s in charge, with arseholes on forums like this still trying to suck him off because he's fat, pretends to be a fan, and drinks pints.

Stil, i'm sure Dennis Wise has a fantastic signing up his sleeve. hahahaahahahahaaha.

Still a world class WUM I see...

What's done is done - but I stand by my comments from 20-odd pages ago: If Milner is not adequately replaced we as fans have every reason to feel dudded. So while 12m might sound a lot now, if we don't sign anyone (and I don't expect us to, do you?) then we may as well have given him away...

Anyone that thinks the likes of Duff can do a job out there hasn't been fucking watching.

We are not even in the second tier of clubs now - the lieks of Spurs, Everton and Villa have moved on, while we've been dragged back by the stupid cunts in charge, with arseholes on forums like this still trying to suck him off because he's fat, pretends to be a fan, and drinks pints.

If we sign someone better than him then there's no problem and everything's good, and the board need congratulating. If not, then it's a pretty poor show, but nevertheless - to have squeezed £12m out for James Milner is mint. He's shit.

Keegan: It was my decision to sell Milner

KEVIN Keegan says he sold James Milner in order to move the club forward following the winger's sale to Aston Villa.

Milner is set to sign a four year contract at Villa Park and while KK understands the disappointment of any Toon fans who are sad to see him go he is looking to strengthen before Monday's transfer deadline.

Keegan said today: "Obviously James is not a player you would want to sell.

"I would like to say though that it was my my decision to sell him.

"We got an offer that was good value and if you look into the next two or three days I wouldn't have sold him unless I knew I could move the club forward.

"We have a good chance of getting three or four players in before the deadline.

"I wish James the best for the future.

"It's right for everybody and people shouldn't think anything bad of him, he has done nothing wrong.

"You have to remember he hasn't sulked even when he was in the car park at Villa two years ago and then told to turn around.

"We have four or five other irons in the fire, two or three who I am seeing where we go with."

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/08/29/keegan-it-was-my-decision-to-sell-milner-72703-21633991/

KEVIN Keegan says he sold James Milner in order to move the club forward following the winger's sale to Aston Villa.

Milner is set to sign a four year contract at Villa Park and while KK understands the disappointment of any Toon fans who are sad to see him go he is looking to strengthen before Monday's transfer deadline.

"We got an offer that was good value and if you look into the next two or three days I wouldn't have sold him unless I knew I could move the club forward.

"It's right for everybody and people shouldn't think anything bad of him, he has done nothing wrong.

"You have to remember he hasn't sulked even when he was in the car park at Villa two years ago and then told to turn around.

"We have four or five other irons in the fire, two or three who I am seeing where we go with."

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/08/29/keegan-it-was-my-decision-to-sell-milner-72703-21633991/

That'll do for me. :indi:

Guest Micktoon

What's done is done - but I stand by my comments from 20-odd pages ago: If Milner is not adequately replaced we as fans have every reason to feel dudded. So while 12m might sound a lot now, if we don't sign anyone (and I don't expect us to, do you?) then we may as well have given him away...

This.

Lennon will replace him and he's much better than Milner.

:idiot2:

Lennon is an improvement on Milner, simple as that really. We'd probably get him for less than £12m too, so if by some stroke of good fortune we managed to get him in, we'd have improved the first team (again), and made money from it.

I'm feeling wary but i've still got confidence in the board. If a Valencia, a Lennon or a Larsson comes in (all of which would be for less than £12m, you would think) - then we're absolutely fine. It's the likes of Milner (and Duff, Smith, Carr, etc) that were taking us nowhere, last season proved that.

Excellent, I feel much happier - reminds me of the KK sells Andy Cole headlines, and we all know what happened then :)

We've got Keegan, have faith!

Guest fraser

That'll do for me. :indi:

The panic thread will now change to the Optimism thread probably :)

Gonna get slaughtered for this...

I'm assuming that KK et al have someone in mind to replace Milner who they may not have moved for before the transfer went through (i.e. on top of their main targets).

But assuming they can't get their man in before Monday (but they have secured their other targets) would anyone welcome Nobby back for his trilogy on a short term basis until Jan?

He's without a club and despite wanting to move to London to be close to his kids I'm sure he would come back as a squad man for 3 months.

Obviously I'm hoping for a younger signing who we can look to long term (as I'm sure the board are looking at), but if we need a stop gap until Jan we could do worse