James Milner joins Aston Villa - £12m!

Ally
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Toon Argy
isgill88 wrote:

The best thing about this signing could be that it improves Ashley Young's impact, because he'll have more space.

Exactly - very hard to double mark two players.

Teams having to double up on Milner? I think they think they have signed Ronaldo  :lol:

Guest LucaAltieri

Must say, this is the best deal we have had in a long long time. Prob since KK sold Kevin Scott to Tottenham.

The kid was never going to get much better. Too slow, shit delivery, slowed play down constantly

Prime example - see the break we had at Man Utd with Jonas then see what Milner did in a better position vs Bolton. Play stopped. Again.

His lack of pace always made him check back and then boot the ball all too often near my cheese pasty.

Glad to be shot of him. Not in the same league as JJ never mind some of the others we have got shot of like Dyer and Bellamy.

Truth.

.com might be sad to have lost a nice guy but I'd prefer a jackass who can get us 3 points.

Guest black n white

It's gone funked up this board in the last week.  It's like being on 606 with loads of mackems talking s**** and ICI Fuelled bollocks all the time.  Some people obviously want us to fail.  Maybe started supporting us when Souness took over and like to be midtable.

instead of saying this

"i didnt want to sell milner"

"I wouldn't have sold him unless I knew I could move the club forward"

he should of said this

"i sold him because it was good business" end of

Manorpark - reluctant to spend? Surely bids for Coloccini, Modric, Aimer, Inler etc. show that there's money to spend.

How many times does this really need to be pointed out?

Oh my god  -  "B I D S" . . .

(or even more accurately  -  "reported bids").

How many times does THAT need to be pointed out?

Fine then, lets look at facts. Coloccini for a reported 9m going up to 10.3m - also reported to have signed the 'contract of his life'.

True, the Modric bid (I'll forget the Aimer & Inler ones because as Dave said, could be wrong) was made before any players were sold. In the end the deal didn't come off but it shows that the money is there for players of the right calibre. Gutierrez had an original asking price of 10m but we got around the via a loophole, but I imagine we still had to pay a few to get him in.

There's a difference between 'selling to buy' and simply getting rid of players that are no good for us.

How do you know (or 'imagine') that a Coloccini purchase would have been funded, if we had got (say) Modric?

Also, I don't think Keegan would agree with any of you "Milner haters" on here ("no good for us" !!!!)

I don't agree with you either.

I also asked if you thought it would just be a 'mere coincidence' if Ashley actually spends some money RIGHT NOW?

Well?

Have you ever thought that we might not have budgeted to buy another RM, and therefore we need the money from his transfer before we can buy a replacement.

er . . . is that not my point !!!!!!!!!!???

No it wasn't you mong, your point was that you think this means we have to sell to buy.  His point is that we have to buy because we've sold.. not the same thing.

God damnit, I like Milner. Never understood the criticism, always one of our most consistent performers, if not the ONLY one.

The money better be well spent.

Aye he was consistent alright. Especially in his poor crossing.

God damnit, I like Milner. Never understood the criticism, always one of our most consistent performers, if not the ONLY one.

The money better be well spent.

Aye he was consistent alright. Especially in his poor crossing.

The way he consistently picked out the first man from a corner was a real talent.

Guest LucaAltieri

Oh by the way have I missed something about a sell on fee to Leeds in this thread?  Or are people just guessing that there must have been one?

An educated guess from putting together quotes as far as I'm aware.

from .com and my thoughts are the same, should never of let him go

In our eyes Milner's genuine graft and honesty have

provided an antidote to the feeling that we've signed mercenaries, thugs and conmen in recent years.

And having breathed a sigh of relief when the likes of Dyer, Jenas and Kluivert took their baggage and egos elsewhere, we feel the opposite about a man who to us is the very essence of anti-bling.

No Hello Magazine appearances, no pimp my ride or cribs -type nonsense, no car crashes, no night club antics, no grappling in the street. A game of darts appears to be his major vice....

To see a trio of gutless wonders who've done sweet FA for this club in the shape of Duff, Barton and Smith remain here on mega money while Milner goes sticks in our throat.

And we've not even started on the £100K+ horserace owner and his future.

Well said.

Manorpark - reluctant to spend? Surely bids for Coloccini, Modric, Aimer, Inler etc. show that there's money to spend.

How many times does this really need to be pointed out?

Oh my god  -  "B I D S" . . .

(or even more accurately  -  "reported bids").

How many times does THAT need to be pointed out?

Fine then, lets look at facts. Coloccini for a reported 9m going up to 10.3m - also reported to have signed the 'contract of his life'.

True, the Modric bid (I'll forget the Aimer & Inler ones because as Dave said, could be wrong) was made before any players were sold. In the end the deal didn't come off but it shows that the money is there for players of the right calibre. Gutierrez had an original asking price of 10m but we got around the via a loophole, but I imagine we still had to pay a few to get him in.

There's a difference between 'selling to buy' and simply getting rid of players that are no good for us.

How do you know (or 'imagine') that a Coloccini purchase would have been funded, if we had got (say) Modric?

Also, I don't think Keegan would agree with any of you "Milner haters" on here ("no good for us" !!!!)

I don't agree with you either.

I also asked if you thought it would just be a 'mere coincidence' if Ashley actually spends some money RIGHT NOW?

Well?

Have you ever thought that we might not have budgeted to buy another RM, and therefore we need the money from his transfer before we can buy a replacement.

er . . . is that not my point !!!!!!!!!!???

No it wasn't you mong, your point was that you think this means we have to sell to buy.  His point is that we have to buy because we've sold.. not the same thing.

Oh that hurts!!  

I am not even gonna reply to this . .

Woops, too late (sort of) . . .

Guest LucaAltieri

provided an antidote to the feeling that we've signed mercenaries, thugs and conmen in recent years.

And having breathed a sigh of relief when the likes of Dyer, Jenas and Kluivert took their baggage and egos elsewhere, we feel the opposite about a man who to us is the very essence of anti-bling.

No Hello Magazine appearances, no pimp my ride or cribs -type nonsense, no car crashes, no night club antics, no grappling in the street. A game of darts appears to be his major vice....

To see a trio of gutless wonders who've done sweet FA for this club in the shape of Duff, Barton and Smith remain here on mega money while Milner goes sticks in our throat.

Well said.

We have less desirable players still at the club therefore we can't/shouldn't accept a good offer for Milner? .... strange logic that.

Oh by the way have I missed something about a sell on fee to Leeds in this thread?  Or are people just guessing that there must have been one?

Leeds mentioned it the other day not specifically Milner though

This could just as easily be Lennon tbh, in fact I would probably be more inclined to believe it was considering that this is a favoured tactic of Levy.

Well said.

Nah we should have turned down £12 million for an average player and given him a raise simply because he wants one, all because he's a good lad :idiot2:  Not so good a Footballer mind but a good lad and a cracking darts player!! :lol:

Well said.

Hard work and graft is all good but if you haven't got the ability to go with that then it's all irrelevant. I agree what they are saying in a way but at the end of the day the lad wasn't good enough for us and we've come out with an absolutely fantastic piece of business.

Well said.

We have less desirable players still at the club therefore we can't/shouldn't accept a good offer for Milner? .... strange logic that.

Its a good deal like but I can still be sad about seeing a player I like go! :weep: