James Milner joins Aston Villa - £12m!

Ally
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Villa have bought an amazingly average set of players for such a big outlay. likes of Sidwell, Shorey, Young, Milner are players that clubs looking to break into the top 4 should be moving on and replacing, not bringing in.

however their squad was so thin last year and had some gaping holes that even this set of mediocre players will improve them as a squad.

Villa have bought an amazingly average set of players for such a big outlay. likes of Sidwell, Shorey, Young, Milner are players that clubs looking to break into the top 4 should be moving on and replacing, not bringing in.

however their squad was so thin last year and had some gaping holes that even this set of mediocre players will improve them as a squad.

Those players are all competent though, and its suprising how shit alot of the Premiership truly is when you actually have a competent player in your team and you realise just how much of a difference they can make.

Guest Stephen927

My first though when I read it was another body gone with only a few days left til the close of the transfer window.

Then I heard about the possible 5 signings, 2 in advanced talks and I'm not too fussed.

He shouldn't prove difficult to replace. It's just replacing him with only a few days left.

Feeling more positive this evening after listening to KK on .co.uk. You really should watch the whole press conference.

The guy on trial is a maybe so theres also 2 far down the line aswell as the Zayatte guy.

Atouba is probably a down the line one. Maybe the other is Malouda?

Feeling more positive this evening after listening to KK on .co.uk. You really should watch the whole press conference.

The guy on trial is a maybe so theres also 2 far down the line and possibley him.

Atouba is probably a down the line one. Maybe the other is Malouda?

Reckon if Malouda's true then it's a maybe as it probably hinges on the Robinho deal.

This sell on clause thing been confirmed officially or not ?

Read a few posts on 606 and they reckon he's a world beater, couple of toon supporters virtually in tears. Leeds fan saying they've gor 35% sell on clause ?

What's the world coming to ?

i reckon it's 20-25% so we're getting at least £9m. i'm not sure all of Milner's add-on clauses would've been met though, as he never played for england or in the champion's league for us, so we might not have paid the whole £5m in the first place.