James Milner joins Aston Villa - £12m!

Ally
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He was our best player under Roeder. He's only been s*** for us under Big Sam -- and who wasn't? Milner was by far our most underrated player.

The club's two best spells when he was on our books came when he was out of the team, Roeder end of 05-06 season when he was at Villa on loan, and Keegan end of 07-08 season.

He acted f***ing legendary when we tried to ship him out and then recalled him at the last minute. Most would have thrown the toys out of the pram and he just got up and got on with it.

:snod:

yup, the way he got pissed about was shocking, as has been said many others would have spat the dummy out but he didn't, he came back and knuckled down and for what it's worth i thought he was one of our better players and was sorry to see him leave

He was our best player under Roeder. He's only been s*** for us under Big Sam -- and who wasn't? Milner was by far our most underrated player.

The club's two best spells when he was on our books came when he was out of the team, Roeder end of 05-06 season when he was at Villa on loan, and Keegan end of 07-08 season.

Yes, and some of the club's worst spells were also with him out of the team (Souness, and after his final transfer to Villa). No one has claimed he is Maradona; he doesn't transform a team.

I never rated Milner and I still think at the time we did very well to sell him for £12m, but he seems to be doing very very well now. He needs pacey and dynamic players around him, which he now has.

And finally someone seems to have realised the obvious, that he's an attacking central midfielder and not a wide player.

It was obvious to many of the more knowledgeable fans here, clearly not to the massively over-paid thick cunts who were managers here during Milner's years here. I wonder who our central midfielders of choice were at the time?

It was obvious to many of the more knowledgeable fans here, clearly not to the massively over-paid thick c***s who were managers here during Milner's years here. I wonder who our central midfielders of choice were at the time?

Emre & Parker.

It was obvious to many of the more knowledgeable fans here, clearly not to the massively over-paid thick c***s who were managers here during Milner's years here. I wonder who our central midfielders of choice were at the time?

Emre & Parker.

That was under Souness, following him we also had Sam Allardyce and Kevin Keegan, I don't think either of those two considered Milner through the middle. Keegan had some success with playing Owen in that spot, Allardyce played with nine defenders so he wasn't really too concerned with midfield.

I never rated Milner and I still think at the time we did very well to sell him for £12m, but he seems to be doing very very well now. He needs pacey and dynamic players around him, which he now has.

And finally someone seems to have realised the obvious, that he's an attacking central midfielder and not a wide player.

It was obvious to many of the more knowledgeable fans here, clearly not to the massively over-paid thick cunts who were managers here during Milner's years here. I wonder who our central midfielders of choice were at the time?

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,41658.msg879384.html#msg879384

:smug:

He acted f***ing legendary when we tried to ship him out and then recalled him at the last minute. Most would have thrown the toys out of the pram and he just got up and got on with it.

yup, the way he got pissed about was shocking, as has been said many others would have spat the dummy out but he didn't, he came back and knuckled down and for what it's worth i thought he was one of our better players and was sorry to see him leave

Yet he handed in a transfer request when we wouldn't give him more money.

Emre & Parker.

That was under Souness, following him we also had Sam Allardyce and Kevin Keegan, I don't think either of those two considered Milner through the middle. Keegan had some success with playing Owen in that spot, Allardyce played with nine defenders so he wasn't really too concerned with midfield.

Milner was injured under Keegan wasn't he when Owen played through the middle? And in pre-season last year Keegan played him through the middle a couple of times.

Yet he handed in a transfer request when we wouldn't give him more money.

We...er...don't talk about that anymore.... ;)

Emre & Parker.

Milner was injured under Keegan wasn't he when Owen played through the middle? And in pre-season last year Keegan played him through the middle a couple of times.

Milner struggled under Keegan as well early on and then got injured. When Keegan was asked to put a valuation on him he reckoned £7-8m according to Ashley's camp, you can choose to believe that or not. In any case, I think the real reason players like Milner, Duff, N'Zogbia and others struggled at Newcastle was because successive managers failed to address the central midfield area. Souness and Allardyce were both given funds and both spunked them up the wall on over the hill pricks like Owen, Geremi, Smith etc. Keegan wasn't given a chance so he is excused as far as I'm concerned.

Souness and Allardyce wrecked our club.

Emre & Parker.

Milner struggled under Keegan as well early on and then got injured. When Keegan was asked to put a valuation on him he reckoned £7-8m according to Ashley's camp, you can choose to believe that or not. In any case, I think the real reason players like Milner, Duff, N'Zogbia and others struggled at Newcastle was because successive managers failed to address the central midfield area. Souness and Allardyce were both given funds and both spunked them up the wall on over the hill pricks like Owen, Geremi, Smith etc. Keegan wasn't given a chance so he is excused as far as I'm concerned.

Completely ignoring the fact that we signed Emre, Parker & Barton all in that time, all highly-rated and welcomed here for the most part.

Emre & Parker.

Completely ignoring the fact that we signed Emre, Parker & Barton all in that time, all highly-rated and welcomed here for the most part.

Luque and Boumsong were welcomed here for that matter. The truth is Parker was a holding midifelder, Barton has been a disaster and Emre was a flop. None of these provided the attacking midfield flair which we lost once SBR's signings were sold.

The only player you could possibly mean there is Jenas, because Viana was a flop, Dyer injury prone, and Speed's career was only extended to the extent it was down to the fact he was perfect for Big Sam's long ball game at Bolton and didn't need to run as much.

SBR had a thing for buying central midfielders, especially those with good engines. Jenas and Dyer along with Speed provided as a good a central core as we've seen for a while and the most successful. I don't think anyone could claim Allardyce or Souness improved it.

Don't want to say I told you so bu.........

:razz:

Well most of us did say that his future was in the middle of the park. Yet we all criticised his wing-play, of which you couldn't really argue with as most of the opinions on that were correct.

Actually a lot said he was absolutely dog shit and when I dared even suggest he was a decent young player I was ripped into.

I am sure I could dig up a hell of a lot of posts that would make a few look quite stupid. But I'm not that petty ;)

The majority of the time he was shit for us, inexcusable stuff like not getting the ball past the man countless times which has nothing to do with team mates. Fair play to him he's had a good season with Villa, but didn't suit our team or style of play and we did well to get rid of him for 12m imo. Villa get a player who slots in to their side and flourishes and we get a nice wedge of cash, win win. It's just not investing the money which is where the sticking point is in this tale.

Don't want to say I told you so bu.........

:razz:

Well most of us did say that his future was in the middle of the park. Yet we all criticised his wing-play, of which you couldn't really argue with as most of the opinions on that were correct.

Bollocks.