Arsenal (a) 30/08/08 5:30ko (Setanta)

Guest sicko2ndbest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

4-0 we are so in fo a pasting

keep the blinkers on lads

anyone with a grasp of realism will see we will be in freefall soon

Even if we lose 4-0 its not a free fall. I thought we'd have a solitary point after our first three games... things are already better than expected.

I think we'll keep it tight in the first half but concede a few in the second.  Nicky Butt isn't good for 210 min with just two days rest and I'm not sure what sort of condition Owen is in.  But if we start score early and defend well then we might nick a result if Arsenal still aren't on form.  Unfortunately, I can't see a repeat of the excellent Man U performance. 

Given

Beye Taylor Coloccini Enrique

Guthrie Butt

Jonas Barton N'Zogbia

Owen

Thats the one, Barton fit enough to start?

I have no idea TBH, I just saw the pictures of him training today. We really need to stop Cesc somehow.

Given

Geremi   Taylor   Coloccini   Enrique

Guthrie Butt    Barton 

Jonas Owen   N'Zogbia

Thats how i would play, 4-3-3 just like the end of last year. Will close down their wide players (doubbling Up) and not give them much space to make runs from midfield.

Guest BeatMakerz

Just want a good performance.. :)

Agreed.

ok 6.05am. going to bed for 3 hours before i start drinking at 10am!  :snod:

:lol:

Guest elbee909

4-0 we are so in fo a pasting

keep the blinkers on lads

anyone with a grasp of realism will see we will be in freefall soon

http://coolaggregator.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/attention-whore3.jpg

Although Keegan insisted last week the former Manchester City star was well short of match fitness as a result of his time behind bars, the shock £12m sale of James Milner to Aston Villa and unfortunate injuries to Geremi and Habib Beye meant that only seven senior players were able to take part in yesterday’s training session.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/nufc-latest-news/2008/08/30/joey-barton-in-line-for-united-return-61634-21636863/

Guest ExiledGeordie

I think much of it hinges on Fabregas and how we contain him. If Butt/Guthrie have solid games and we really get at Arsenal we could really frustrate them. Flamini really was a solid player for them in midfield and is sorely missed. With Jonas and Zog and OWen's finishing we've got the players to hurt them it's just a shame that we've got so many players out for this.

That said we got a result at Old Trafford, we're unbeaten as yet and we've got a 2 week break until the Hull home game when we'd like to think we'll have some signings involved so we might as well just have a go at them and see what happens as per Old Trafford. We're not exptected to get anything but having lost at Fulham last week the pressure really is on them to win.

We'll lose 2-0 I think but it's not a game you're expected to win really. As McClaren would say:

Arsenal... The Emirates.. We are not what you call, underdogs.. but massive underdogs!

Nah, as long as we put in a good performance today I'll be content. The best I'm hoping for today is an easy home draw for the Carling Cup. If it looks like we're struggling due to the team being stretched from injuries and depth then hopefully it'll be sorted for Hull. ;)

It's going to be really difficult getting a team out.

One of Edgar, Ranger or Donaldson will start if KK is being honest about having to keep Shola and Barton on the bench.

Here are the options:

Given

Edgar Bassong Taylor Enrique

Guthrie Coloccini Butt N'Zogbia

Jonas

Owen

Given

Taylor Bassong Coloccini Enrique

Jonas Guthrie Butt N'Zogbia

Owen Ranger/Donaldson

Guest sicko2ndbest

It's going to be really difficult getting a team out.

One of Edgar, Ranger or Donaldson will start if KK is being honest about having to keep Shola and Barton on the bench.

Here are the options:

Given

Edgar Bassong Taylor Enrique

Guthrie Coloccini Butt N'Zogbia

Jonas

Owen

Given

Taylor Bassong Coloccini Enrique

Jonas Guthrie Butt N'Zogbia

Owen Ranger/Donaldson

The second one wouldnt look too bad if you could put Barton in at RM and Jonas in behind Owen (ps i know Barton is only expected to be on the bench)