So apparently we have no strikers.

oldtype

We need a Stevie Watson type, I'll always remember that Liverpool match where he played up front.

When I say remember that doesn't include what season it was or whether it was home or away, like (home at a guess?). :D

I think ipswich or norwich will get shola on loan, smith will go to everton and we'll get a young striker in. Eventful but thats my prediction.......

god I'd love to be a fly on the wall at vetere\jimineze's (spelling) wall right now, I wonder if he'd be screaming down the phone "Listen you fucking COCKSUCKAS, I'M RUNNIN OUTTA TIME AND I NEED YER FUCKIN STRIKA FFS"

:D

I think ipswich or norwich will get shola on loan, smith will go to everton and we'll get a young striker in. Eventful but thats my prediction.......

god I'd love to be a fly on the wall at vetere\jimineze's (spelling) wall right now, I wonder if he'd be screaming down the phone "Listen you f***ing COCKSUCKAS, I'M RUNNIN OUTTA TIME AND I NEED YER FUCKIN STRIKA FFS"

:D

"I'm sorry sir, we can't match your valuation of Derdiyok. We'll just have to play the RAIN-JAH instead."

We've known since last year that we need a target man - that need hasn't gone away. Ok some of the injured players will be back in 3 to 4 weeks but you can guarantee that within another similar time some of them will again get injured.

We need a target man.

Zamblera is a fairly highly rated Italian U-19, right?  I remember following a few of the U-19 Championship matches this summer and it seemed as though a few of his colleagues were already getting first team appearances with their clubs.  I'm surprised his name hasn't been mentioned more.   

PS. Let's leave Nile RAIN-JAH out of this.  :rolleyes:

"I'm sorry sir, we can't match your valuation of Derdiyok. We'll just have to play the RAIN-JAH instead."

:rolleyes:

:whistle:

Ah well, been on this board six hours now. Going to sleep.

When I get up we BETTER have some new signings.  :frantic:

What do you think other clubs do when they have 4 or 5 strikers out at the same time?

They play kids. Ours are injured too.

Ranger? Zamblera? Donaldson? Danquah?

It's a freak situation that we will have to get through, I doubt there are many Premiership clubs with as many first team strikers as us.

The thing is it's not too freakish, when you take into account the injury records of our forwards.

Suazo on loan anyone? Played alone as a striker before he went to Inter. Not the typical targetman though, but lots of pace..But i think he was on his way to Benfica a while ago, does anyon know if he went there in the end?

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/sundaysun/tm_headline=injuries-take-gloss-off-cup-win-for-keegan%26method=full%26objectid=21615770%26siteid=72703-name_page.html

Viduka out 4 (which I'm guessing will end up being closer to 8)

Duff out 4~5

Martins out 3~4

Carroll out for a similar period.

Milner is leaving.

Shola is leaving.

Smith is.... Smith.

So we've basically got Owen and nothing else. Can't even play Milner or Duff as a withdrawn striker anymore.

...what exactly is KK supposed to do for Arsenal this weekend? Or for the entire month of september for that matter.

PS. Let's leave Nile RAIN-JAH out of this.  :rolleyes:

If Milner, Smith and Ameobi leave we'll have replacements, they won't be allowed to leave without at least one versatile striker coming in.  Also remember there's a two week break coming soon.  So while Martins is out for 3 weeks he'll only miss two more games.