Xisco signed from Deportivo on 5 year deal

Guest hindu times

has Xisco trained with us yet? or will today be his first day? Thought he might have trained on Thursday with the U-21 games being on Tuesday this week

hope he has, don't wanna see ameobi again.

Sure there is pics of him training  in another thread

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/09/11/Premier-League-Xisco-on-Newcastle-move/

Newcastle’s transfer deadline day signing Xisco admits he was surprised by the timing of his switch to The Premier League.

The 22-year-old revealed he was in negotiations for a new contract at Deportivo La Coruna before The Magpies came in with a lucrative offer to which Xisco could not say no.

Xisco insists he would like to return to the club who have nurtured him from the age of 16, but the player is now looking forward to a challenge that has always appealed to him, even if he admits he was not expecting the call quite so soon.

“We spoke about a renewal but we had the offer from Newcastle and it was very difficult for Deportivo to match,” Xisco told Laopinioncoruna.es. “It’s necessary to look ahead and know that the life of a footballer is only 10 years.

“It’s a totally different league but it’s very strong and the most fashionable. Playing in England has always attracted me.

“I didn’t know that it would arrive so soon but opportunities present themselves only once in life and I had to take it, however I will never forget where I’ve come from and what Deportivo and the city have given to me.

“I will never close the door on Deportivo - I’d love to return.”

Xisco has inadvertently joined a club in upheaval following the resignation last week of Kevin Keegan but the Spaniard is awaiting first-hand confirmation from his new employers before commenting further on the situation.

“I don’t know exactly what has happened," he added. "When I arrive there I will find out first hand what has happened.”

Mercenary twat wants to leave already.

Doesnt exactly sound like he fits the criteria of being "right for this club".

GUILLEM REPLIES: No, Xisco is not a prolific goalscorer and never will be! But you need strikers who do other things, too! He's a tall, strong guy who can hold the ball up and link well with midfield. He's a work in progress but he has the ability to be like Emile Heskey; a better Heskey if he gets his head down and works hard. And it will be nice if he can link up with Michael Owen because he's a different type of striker.

Exactly what we need IMO.

Guest Stephen927

A huge positive from the game was Xisco.

Glad he got a goal, was worried he would continue to keep missing chances, so its good to see one go in and he might just find that the rest come a bit easier instead of worrying about getting the all important 1st goal.

Guest CaPiTaL cHaP

Hi There,

1st post.

Thought he was alright, good be a decent foil for a goal scorer. Hope we sign one after Owen leaves (as i expect him to) at the end of the season.

Got to remember that this was Hull and their defence is baaaaaad.

Guest Howaythetoon

There seems to be no outstanding quality to him but he worked hard and seems up for a battle. Too early to cast judgment though, delighted he scored.

There seems to be no outstanding quality to him but he worked hard and seems up for a battle. Too early to cast judgment though, delighted he scored.

i'd echo this. i think he'll do ok. i'd like to see him with Martins as he'd look better with a quick player stretching the opposition. also needs to work on his first touch as he's not got skill or pace to fall back on if it fails him.

???  Surprised to see such a positive response, I thought he was poor to be honest - looked thrown in at the deep end, lost and confused.  Not that I'm passing judgement on the lad for that performance, it's to be expected.

Maybe I was just distracted by other things going on in the ground.

???  Surprised to see such a positive response, I thought he was poor to be honest - looked thrown in at the deep end, lost and confused.  Not that I'm passing judgement on the lad for that performance, it's to be expected.

i agree with you, a poor performance but he seems to have a bit of character and some strength and presence. getting a goal will help him too, obviously.

Exactly what i thought, i thaught it was Carroll at first  :lol: