KK: "Judge me at midnight"

Decky

No replacement for Milner, where has the £12m gone?! Ashley and Keegan are a joke.

What has Ashley got to do with it?

Do you think he's gone and spent that £12m on more pints and pies?

He is the man that holds the purse strings that promised us a wow sigining,

that brought wise in to scout the world, for what absolutely nothing,

He then asks kk to get us into the top four for christ sake.

Ashley is a f***ing joke man

and will be the end of us

f*** sake how can you trust a man that cant tell no alcholic beer from the real stuff

f*** off ashley you piece of scum

you must all go round wearing blinkers if you think we have had a good transfer window. :rant:

The pursestrings were slackened for Keegan to get Modric or Aimar...he failed for whatever reason. That's not the boards fault, and it's also not their fault that he's not signed someone of equal quality.

in this window have brought players into the positions i wanted (centre half,centre forward and 2 centre mids). lets see how they develop as even with colo and jonas it's too early to say even though they've started very well

I wasn't expecting Robinho or anything but we needed more than 2 players in today, squad is far too small, although having said that the first team is capable of finishing top 8. Fact is we need a right back, left back, midfielder and winger to have a complete squad

Guest microbar

No replacement for Milner, where has the £12m gone?! Ashley and Keegan are a joke.

that brought wise in to scout the world, for what absoluteoly nothing,

He then asks keggan to get us into the top four for christ sake.

f*** sake how can you trust a man that cant tell no alcholic beer from the real stuff

you must all go round waering blinkers if you think we have had a good transfer season. :rant:

He didn't promise a 'wow' signing at all, you halfwit.

He did you fuck wit go and piss on someone elses post dick brain

that brought wise in to scout the world, for what absoluteoly nothing,

He then asks keggan to get us into the top four for christ sake.

you must all go round waering blinkers if you think we have had a good transfer season. :rant:

He didn't promise a 'wow' signing at all, you halfwit.

He did you fuck wit go and piss on someone elses post dick brain

:lol:

Given

Beye --- Taylor --- Coloccini --- Enrique

Jonas --- Guthrie --- Barton --- N'Zogbia

Martins --- Owen

... is fairly sexy. Gonzalez might be a decent player, you'd think he must have something about him if he's of the same calibre of Jonas and Colo; if so then we've got a bloody good centre-midfielder on our hands, on loan or not - he's in black and white this season. We're short of wingers, but if one or two get injured, we've got plenty of depth in the centre-mid and strikers to go 4-3-3.

The only thing i'm seriously concerned about, squad-wise, is the wing-back depth - as there isn't any.

But i mean come on, aye we're short, but we have improved the team and we've got a good manager who can take us far. Given that we have, literally, spent just about nothing - i think the guys at the top have been very clever, very shrewd, found some very promising 'unknowns', and brought in genuine quality. I think it's a decent haul - what the fuck can we do to stop signings like Robinho going through?

Providing Barton is back on his game and/or Gonzalez is a good player, we''ll be up there with the chasing pack this season. With chances now to consolidate funds, and have a bigger warchest for next season and then kick on.

Howay the lads.

Some people need to get a real f***ing grip.

You don't just iron out all the problems with your squad in one window.

The defence is looking drastically better, the quality midfield has improved somewhat and we've signed an exciting young striker who may oust Viduka from the side.

Yes we didn't get the big named AM we all wanted, but we've addressed a lot of issues with our squad.

And for the record Keegan said he wanted 2-3 in a couple of days ago and that's what he's done so what's the problem?

At least we're moving forward though, I'm really more dissapointed in Ashley, we need to splash the cash on a signing that was at least £10-15m just to make a statement, but we havent done that.  I still feel like we need a game changer in midfield and another body in defense.  Remains to be seen whether or not Xisco will fill out at striker. 

Hopefully something else will be announced by tommorow...

Guest optimistic nit

i still think we've done a lot better than blackburn and everton and improved more than pompey and villa. whether we are better than them i dont know.

i still think we'll finish between 5th and 12th.

That's quite a range.

2004 wants its joke back ;)

Guest Geordiecunny

Sick of people thinking we're a huge draw and that signing world-beaters is actually on the cards. I think what we're trying to do i.e sustainable growth, is a good thing. Sooner or later, a football season ticket won't be the corporates seasonable must-have and foreign billionnaires won't want to know. Teams who've thrown money away during lavish times will be fucked. Ashley has wiped out debt and still managed to bring in better players than we had when he took over- personally I'm happy- rather that than him have not concentrated on the debt and put all those tens of millions into players we can't afford to keep. Yes, it'd have been nice to buy Arshavin, but not at the expense of the team not existing any more in ten years time.

Having said that, i'm far from impressed with our dealings.

:lol: Virtually nothing spent and the first team is twice as good as it was last season.

f*** off man, honestly.

Aye, we haven't signed Robinho. f***ing hell, what a disaster.

This transfer window and this season is a time of stability. The finances were crippling. We've worked very shrewdly in the market, improved the first team without spending anything (the squad is a bit depleted but we have options to change things around so we'll get by), we've got some high earners off the books, and we look in decent shape imo.

The squad is paper thin, you moron, we've signed two virtual unknowns, we've shown very little ambition bar the Colo deal. We have an injury prone squad, which has no quality in it's depth, that's a simple fact and it remains that today.

I have very little desire to see the club run well as a business, I want to see it competing for what really matters football games. You can applaud the balance book all you want and laugh at what ManShitty have done, but I know which squad I would rather have and it's not the one playing in Black and White.

At least we're moving forward though, I'm really more dissapointed in Ashley, we need to splash the cash on a signing that was at least £10-15m just to make a statement, but we havent done that.

We made a bid in that region for Modric and Keegan/Wise or whoever couldn't wrap the deal up. That's not Ashley's fault.

Guest optimistic nit

i still think we've done a lot better than blackburn and everton and improved more than pompey and villa. whether we are better than them i dont know.

i still think we'll finish between 5th and 12th.

That's quite a range.

2004 wants its joke back ;)

I'm pretty underwhelmed tbh. We've brought a few good players in but we've not moved too far forward at all.

I honestly don't expect Keegan to be here at Xmas. Just a hunch and I don't know if he'll walk or be pushed but I expected a lot more than what we've brought in. I like the look of Coloccini and Gutierrez but I expected a bit of serious investment this summer. I can understand Ashley playing it a bit safe in the first 2 transfer windows but I thought he'd speculate a bit more - not go mad like City have (although it would be nice) but to spend £20m + whatever we raised in sales to strengthen the squad.

A bit downbeat after all the bluster.  :undecided:

Carr, Faye, Rozehnal, Emre and Milner out from the first team squad (can't count Ramage and Diatta).

Coloccini, Bassong, Guthrie, Gonzalez, Jonas and Xisco into the first team squad.

We've definitely improved on numbers and we've hopefully improved on quality and fitness (Carr and Emre in particular were always fucking crocked), while trimming down on the wages.

I'd still hope we're looking to bring in another good defender on loan/on a free as having Geremi, Edgar, Cacapa, Bassong and N'Zogbia as defensive cover simply will not be good enough. Enrique and Beye are already injured as it is and the fullback positions look absolutely threadbare. Aside from that we're looking strong in goal and up front and solid enough in the midfield - if a little uninspired.

Given

Harper

Beye         Taylor         Coloccini         Enrique

Edgar       Cacapa       Bassong                      

Jonas          Barton         Guthrie         N'Zogbia

Geremi       Gonzalez         Butt              Duff  

Owen         Xisco

Martins       Viduka

All that allied with the KK effect (provided he's happy enough with his lot) and I can't see why we won't be in for a canny season.

Oh aye... and Smith and Ameobi are still here an' all...

I get the impression that too many people think Newcastle Utd can just click their fingers and players will queue up to join us.

I fear that the public perception of the club is making KK's job of signing players 2,3,4 times as hard as it ordinarily would. He is managing to do it slowly but once again, I think there are just more atrractive clubs for the higher quality players (of the level we feel we need to progress) to join at this moment in time.

I'm pretty underwhelmed tbh. We've brought a few good players in but we've not moved too far forward at all.

I honestly don't expect Keegan to be here at Xmas. Just a hunch and I don't know if he'll walk or be pushed but I expected a lot more than what we've brought in. I like the look of Coloccini and Gutierrez but I expected a bit of serious investment this summer. I can understand Ashley playing it a bit safe in the first 2 transfer windows but I thought he'd speculate a bit more - not go mad like City have (although it would be nice) but to spend £20m + whatever we raised in sales to strengthen the squad.

A bit downbeat after all the bluster.  :undecided:

pre baby blues

Some of you are reacting like kids who didn't get EVERYTHING they put on their list for christmas. What exactly were you expecting? With the exception of Spurs (Debateable) & City today no club has strengthened as much as we have in terms of the first team. We could have done with some more cover at fullbacks, yeah. And maybe a replacement for Butt, but only if we were to stick with 442 which I don't think we will now. Milner's gone and we haven't replaced him. We've brought in a tall striker and a ball playing midfielder, that suggests we're going 433. When you look at the squad we have more than enough cover everywhere apart from right back, not a disaster by any means.

Anyway, I for one am glad we haven't brought in a stupid amount of players, doing that is a recipe for disaster imo.

If this is it then it's very disappointing.

What happened to the defender we so badly needed? The striker I'm happy with, but we'll still be paying Ameobi and Smith as things stand, which is bonkers. What happened to the replacement for Milner? The money from that deal?

Oh, and this Nacho bloke had better be fucking good, because we're woefully inadequate in the centre of the park, and they've had all fucking summer to sort that one. And no confirmation of an option to buy, so what happens if he does really well?

Keegan needs to provide some answers.

Unless Nacho is the dog's, we've definitely let ourselves down in the centre of midfield. To bid all that cash for Modric and Aimar then only bring in Guthrie (though I like him) is not on. Guthrie looks a good buy regardless but unless Barton is going to turn himself round instantly, we look weak in the centre of the park.

I don't have any problem with the two lads we've signed, I've a feeling both will do well. With money available though, we should have pursued someone to challenge Butt for the holding role and a right winger to replace Milner.

Things just didnt work out for us. I think three more were on the cards.

Atouba seems to have fucked us over, and we were fruitless with our efforts for other left backs.

Zayatte would have been a squad signing, but perferred a starting role and probably a bigger pay check at Hull.

Malouda might well have joined had chelsea not been beaten to the punch for Robinho.

With a bit of luck, what we have got in will carry us over to January. Colo and Bassong can both cover the full back positions, we have the players for 4-3-3.

Things could be alot worse. I'd rather we didnt just sign people to make up numbers. If we cant find the right players that want to play for the club then I'm happy to wait until January.