Robinho to Man City for 32.5m?

LooneyToonArmy

It all depends on how much the new owners are prepared to spend in the near future to build a team. I don't think Robinho will have much impact on his own. If this were an ordinary situation, you'd say that City have spent too much on the transfer fee and wages, and Robinho isn't the best signing for a mid-table club.

Guest nyscooby

32 mills a lot of cash when the dude shits himself this december.......  lads from spain never like the cold! 

He'll think he runs the squad after being bought for that amount...

He's a superb player, but what's going to happen when City don't get into Europe or win anything again? How long is he going to be happy with living it up in sunny Manchester?

I'm very surprised he didn't hold out for the Chelsea move.

I'm not surprised at all, i mean if i was in his position i would obviously think the money being offered appealing, but i have one of my best friends playing in the team (Elano), i have Jo who i have played against and with before, i have played against Zabaleta plenty of times and knows hes a good player. I have also seen and been told that bid for Villa and other world class players were made and with me in the team this would be a more attractive club for other players.

He's a player who has done the right decision let's just hope it works out for him. Well for him personally and not CITEH!

Arsenal and Liverpool will be shitting themselves about this, if either drop out of the top 4 then they are in trouble and I think over the next 2 years Man City will buy a top 4 place.

Yes, totally agree - the difference is that apart from the huge resources they now have, they have one of the best young managers in the league in Hughes ; they will become a fixture in the Top 4 within 2 years and we will be even further down the pecking order than ever..

Although I think the fee for Robinho is excessive, it shows that they are prepared to take on the Big Boys..

Unless NUFC are able to gain access to this sort of money, the only way we will ever have a successful side is to build one from Academy players and shrewd buying of young players...

Money rules all now and we are not even at the races - sad but true.

Guest quklaani

Nice to see the new owners have decided to come and be sensible about moving the club forward...

Maybe one day soon we'll all be nostalgic for Roman.

If they sign a load of players, a lot of good players from their squad will probably be available. You would think Elano might be out, as they'd have plenty of creative players in his position, Petrov could be moved on, even the likes of Fernandes and Onouha would be very good signings for us.

Will be interesting to say the least,

Guest quklaani

Its all rather worrying.  Especially from a selfish perspective with regards to my club's debt.  Worst comes to worst I know exactly what we'll do.  If we cant compete financially with the super rich owners we'll do the unthinkable.  We'll sell our TV rights individually, while that could "save" Manchester United, it'd mean the end of football in this country.

Why is this allowed to happen anyway, surely the league could have stopped Abramovich and the Glazers and Thaksin etc etc.  What an absolute set of cunts.