KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ashley will be trying to find a way that all three can work together, if KK decides he cannot work with them then I am sure Ashley will back KK and out one of the three monkets if not all three of them.

KK not being at training again does not sound good though, a bit of truth from the club would be nice though, one solut6uon could be Wise to West Ham save us a lot of grief..

Ashley will be trying to find a way that all three can work together, if KK decides he cannot work with them then I am sure Ashley will back KK and out one of the three monkets if not all three of them.

KK not being at training again does not sound good though, a bit of truth from the club would be nice though, one solut6uon could be Wise to West Ham save us a lot of grief..

I think Ashley has tried to get them to work all together.  It's failed.  Ashley has to now make the tough decision: either fully support the management team or fully support Keegan.  If he supports the management team, Keegan is gone.  If he supports Keegan someone else's head will role, probably Wise's.  If Ashley tries to patch this up, it won't work.  He's tried that already and all it's done is get us to where we are.  He has to make an emphatic decision and it can't be gray.  It has to be black and white (yes that's a pun, too).

Latest from .com, can't see it on here in last 3 pages, apologies if i've missed it elsewhere...

Update:

Claim & counter-claim

It was reported by various news sources on Thursday that Mike Ashley was flying back into the UK after a business trip to the USA in order to meet with Kevin Keegan.

However a bleaker claim is also doing the rounds that there's no chance of any amicable resolution to the situation - and that the final agreement of a financial settlement for KK will be followed by a formal statement

of the "mutual consent" variety in the next 24 hours.

As ever, we're trying to make sense of this whole mess.

Local government message:

Council get in on the act

Newcastle councillors last night (Wednesday September 3 2008) unanimously passed a notice motion calling for an end to the ongoing uncertainty over the position of Kevin Keegan as manager of Newcastle United.

There was cross-party support for a notice of motion, tabled by Councillor Nick Forbes, which stated:

“Council notes the continued confusion over Kevin Keegan’s position at Newcastle United.

“Council recognises the widespread public support for Kevin Keegan, and knows how much he means to Newcastle United fans. Council believes that he is an asset to the club, the city and the wider community and expresses its support for his continuation in the role of manager.

“Council regrets the adverse publicity being caused as a result of the current situation and urges Newcastle United (which has been awarded freedom of the city by the council) and Kevin Keegan to come to a mutually acceptable agreement which will allow Mr Keegan to remain in post and manage the team effectively.”

Coun Nick Forbes, Leader of the Labour group, who proposed the motion, said: “Kevin Keegan is an asset to the club, to the city and the wider community. The whole council is united in hoping that both parties will come to a mutually acceptable agreement to allow him to stay in post and have freedom to manage the team effectively.”

Coun David Faulkner, Deputy Leader of Newcastle City Council and Executive Member for Policy Development and Co-ordination, who seconded the motion, said: “This is an issue that is more than just a contractual issue between employer and employee. Because of the special place of Newcastle United in our community, it affects the reputation of the club and to an extent the city. We hope that it can be resolved soon and that Kevin Keegan stays, with his position both clarified and enhanced.”

Guest guinness_fiend

SACK WISE-SACK WISE-SACK WISE-SACK WISE-SACK WISE

KEEP KK-KEEP KK-KEEP KK-KEEP KK-KEEP KK-KEEP KK-KEEP KK

THE ONLY WAY

IF NOT 100% BOICOTT NEXT GAME

Have you been drinking Calvin Klein again?

how mad is it that the council are getting involved? when i started reading it i thought it was gonna be along the lines of, either way, sort it, coz its un-safe having angry people knocking around the ground etc. not the council actually pleading ashley to do all he can to keep keegan in the job. top lads though, nice one.

how mad is it that the council are getting involved? when i started reading it i thought it was gonna be along the lines of, either way, sort it, coz its un-safe having angry people knocking around the ground etc. not the council actually pleading ashley to do all he can to keep keegan in the job. top lads though, nice one.

Lets hope it works.

International week or not, in my opinion, it is a dereliction of duty for Keegan to miss three days training in a row. He has a respionsibility to the players as he is still the Manager, whether he has disputes or not. Anynegotiations and meetings could be arranged after training has finished and to be totally frank, Keegan is showing his petulant side once again.

If any of us walked out in dispute, would we still get paid? I wonder if Ashley will dock Keegans wages.

As some on here have already said, this is getting boring now and threatens to totally destroy the clubs season. Fpr the benefit of all concerned with the club from the owner to the tea lady, some compromise should be met by all parties concerned for the benefit of the club.

I bet Hull City are lapping all of this up.

As popular as Keegan appears to be, one man doesnt run a football club and he needs to realise this. If he cannot, fuck off back to his circus in Glasgow and give someone sensible a chance of clearing up this bloody mess we find ourselves in.

You know what, I wouldn't be surprised if no other statement is made; KK returns to training and we just carry on as normal like nothing happened. Changes and discussions don't HAVE to be disclosed, do they?

Just because the media keep saying his future is still in doubt doesn't mean it's true.

Guest Mucky01

ssn saying keegan owes 2m if he walks, ashley owes 2m if kk is sacked

yep, I just saw that too. They must of expected this scenario as it’s the 1st time I’ve heard a manager signing a contract like that.

You know what, I wouldn't be surprised if no other statement is made; KK returns to training and we just carry on as normal like nothing happened. Changes and discussions don't HAVE to be disclosed, do they?

Just because the media keep saying his future is in doubt doesn't mean it's true.

wouldnt surpise me in the slightest

I only hope its not going to end in a parting of the ways because the delays are allowing the anger and frustration to build and build.

The longer the silence goes on, if the decision goes against what most people want, its going to be chaos. At least if they had made a decision on Wednesday, it would have contained it all within that 24 hours and would have kept what anger there was to a minimum.

If it was going to be a parting, couldnt Ashley/the club have just made a statement immediately saying that they had parted and that a compensation deal was being sorted out? You dont have to agree the compensation before you make a statement do you ?

More clutching at straws I know

International week or not, in my opinion, it is a dereliction of duty for Keegan to miss three days training in a row. He has a respionsibility to the players as he is still the Manager, whether he has disputes or not. Anynegotiations and meetings could be arranged after training has finished and to be totally frank, Keegan is showing his petulant side once again.

If any of us walked out in dispute, would we still get paid? I wonder if Ashley will dock Keegans wages.

As some on here have already said, this is getting boring now and threatens to totally destroy the clubs season. Fpr the benefit of all concerned with the club from the owner to the tea lady, some compromise should be met by all parties concerned for the benefit of the club.

As popular as Keegan appears to be, one man doesnt run a football club and he needs to realise this. If he cannot, fuck off back to his circus in Glasgow and give someone sensible a chance of clearing up this bloody mess we find ourselves in.

You will have to go a long way back to find the last training session Ferguson took at Man Utd. Thats why we have coaches

International week or not, in my opinion, it is a dereliction of duty for Keegan to miss three days training in a row. He has a respionsibility to the players as he is still the Manager, whether he has disputes or not. Any negotiations and meetings could be arranged after training has finished and to be totally frank, Keegan is showing his petulant side once again.

I agree to a certain extent, I would have preferred for them to have the meetings and discussions after training as well.

All I can think is that the situation was so serious that if the meetings had not been held then Keegan would already have quit. Obviously we don't know what is going on but it does sound like we were very close to losing him.

I would agree with you that if Keegan's demands are unreasonable then Ashely should show him the door. But again, I haven't a clue what has been said so I'll just wait and see.

I think the fact that this hasn't already ended with a furious bust-up and KK walking out is testament to how hard both sides are working to sort it out. Given that, I'll forgive Keegan a couple of days of missed training.

As popular as Keegan appears to be, one man doesnt run a football club and he needs to realise this. If he cannot, f*** off back to his circus in Glasgow and give someone sensible a chance of clearing up this bloody mess we find ourselves in.

You will have to go a long way back to find the last training session Ferguson took at Man Utd. Thats why we have coaches

bang bang

There are so many different ways of looking at this situation, the problem is that we are all reading into it all far too much. Everything the club, LMA, the papers, SSN and the fans have said is been scrutinised to the final detail.

I don't blame us for doing so as we love the club so much but TBH we are going around in circles. It's hard to determine the facts and even when we do it's hard to understand what they mean.

The only thing we can hope for is that by the time we play Hull City there is some clarity and we stuff the bastards. It's amazing what 3 points can do for the aura of a club.

As popular as Keegan appears to be, one man doesnt run a football club and he needs to realise this. If he cannot, f*** off back to his circus in Glasgow and give someone sensible a chance of clearing up this bloody mess we find ourselves in.

One man doesn't run a football club but one man should run team affairs including which players he wants playing for him. That man is the most important person at the football club because he determines whether or not we are successful. All other employees of the football club are there to support the manager, and that includes the chairman, director of football, scouts, contract negotiators, coaches, players, boot boy etc.

That is why Keegan should be given exactly what he wants and needs if he is to do his job to the best of his ability. 

Ashley should say to Keegan 'this is how much you have to spend, this is our salary cap, all players purchased must be under the age of 26. Now off you go sunshine, go and bring us some silverware'. End of!

So, what you are saying is that Keegan doesnt take training and doesnt attend sessions?

Absolute bullshit. He is allegedly a tracksuit manager and I dont think you would find many days when Ferguson hasnt been on the training ground either.

FWIW...I want all parties concerned to compromise for the benefit of the club and leave their ego's behind. Keegan has a history of walking out on this club, third occasion that I remember and usually it is because he doesnt get his own way.

My opinion is that if cannot reach agreement now, then just go so we can replace him as soon as possible. Time is of the essence now and we need to get some sort of organisation back in place by the weekend to prepare for the Hull game the following week.