KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think it's a culmination of a lot of things that have riled KK.

- Dennis Wise

- Lack of transfer activity

- False promises

- Sales of Milner and almost Barton

- No contract for Owen yet

etc. etc. You can go on forever.

The reason is Mike Ashley he is simply to blame for the above

I'm buying HTT's story.

Sounds quite plausible.

This can not end well, though. I can't see how bridges can be built now. Fans have lost faith in Ashley and KK clearly isn't up for working with the Ashley vision or structure.

I love the New Board!! The New Board Rule!! I'm so glad Fat Freddy Fletcher and his well-intentioned backing of his managers stuff has gone. That was rubbish. I hated watching my team in the champion's league and uefa cup more seasons than not. I hated aspiration. I loathed having one of the world's most respected managers at the helm.

I love mediocrity. I love low spending on transfers. I love screwing over a good manager. I love Mike Ashley!!

Guest LucaAltieri

What has Wise got to do with any of this?

Keegan wanted 3 or 4 players. He got 2 - a kid and a loanee... Wise and Co were supposed to go out and sign players as per their job description but didn't deliver. A bollock was dropped and Wise is at least partly to blame.

Keegan wanted 3 or 4 players. He got 2 - a kid and a loanee... Wise and Co were supposed to go out and sign players as per their job description but didn't deliver. A bollock was dropped and Wise is at least partly to blame.

He's got nothing to do with transfer's his job is to sort the academy.

Guest johnson293

I love the New Board!! The New Board Rule!! I'm so glad Fat Freddy Fletcher and his well-intentioned backing of his managers stuff has gone. That was rubbish. I hated watching my team in the champion's league and uefa cup more seasons than not. I hated aspiration. I loathed having one of the world's most respected managers at the helm.

I love mediocrity. I love low spending on transfers. I love screwing over a good manager. I love Mike Ashley!!

NE5 TM

Man, this transfer window is ending worse than the biggest 'doom monger' could have predicted. I feel sick, but I am not entirely surprised by this turn of events. I wonder how it feels for the people who were in the 'everything's dandy, just have a little patience' camp..

he's in charge for finding players with Jimi. he may also have an academy role. who the fuck knows. maybe thats the problem

Isn't Wise's focus on the academy players? Pretty sure Jimenez and/or Vetere are the main transfer bods. Wise just seems an easy press target because of who he is.

I don't really give a shit who's to blame but if them leaving will bring KK back, then their feet shouldn't touch the ground.

Guest Howaythetoon

My take

KK offered his resignation last night which the board formally accepted with the finer details to be sorted out the following morning (today) due to the club's attempts to sell several players behind KK's back which as we all know he will not stand for. KK told a few of his staff and one or two players he'd be leaving which is where the leak come from. The club were never going to sack him and KK knew that so wanted to make it easy for them and indeed himself as he will never stand by happy to pick up a wage while things he's clearly against or unhappy with go on around him. This was all set to be done today, but several players have kicked off and due to the inevitable backlash from fans and the leak the club have been thrown by this and went into panic mode and have been trying to resolve it all day with KK who still wants to resign unless the board remove the obstacles he feels is stopping him doing his job (we can all take a stab at who and what these obstacles are). The club refuse to do so, but they are also refusing to sack him and accept his resignation in full so its a stalemate for now with KK on 'gardening leave' as of now. Hence no confirmation or denials thus far.

Howay Newcastle, don't f*** this up man  :weep:

Seems like a good guess. Although a few weeks back i was being slaughtered for saying i was "curious" with the transfers in of Jonas and Colo. Apparently the 'obstacles' you speak of aren't obstacles at all. KK's been in complete control of signings. Met the players and seen them play before they signed and everything. So i couldn't possibly work out what obstacles you're referring to

On reflection and making some guesses here, I reckon KK has tried to work alongside the others in harmony (and vice versa) and that it has worked to an extent but when players are alegedly being sold behind his back... this is why he walked the first time. He will not accept that one bit. He may go along with recommendations from others and surprise signings, all managers are greedy, they want more players, but when they get players taken off them without any idea or say so, that's when things go wrong. I mean believe it or not when he was first here he was recommended a few players, he was shocked to get a call asking him would he like Shearer. Would you like an Argentinian international with the most assists in La Liga? Yes please.

Wise the man that was going to have nothing to do with 1st team signings, the man that was brought in to sign youth players, Keegan was incharge of 1st team transfers yet non of that came true Kev was lied to and I et he was furious about it.

Guest LucaAltieri

Partly true.

On January 29, 2008 Newcastle United announced that Wise would be joining the club as Executive Director (Football)[27] as an advisor to the board on footballing matters, reporting directly to the club chairman Chris Mort. Although speculated to be in the role of Director of Football or General Manager, the job is thought to be more restricted, involving transfers, scouting and youth development[28],

Guest johnson293

I think it's a culmination of a lot of things that have riled KK.

- Dennis Wise

- Lack of transfer activity

- Dennis Wise

- False promises

- Dennis Wise

- Sales of Milner and almost Barton

- Dennis Wise

- No contract for Owen yet

- Dennis Wise

Dennis Wise, etc. etc. You can go on forever.

Fixed.  :snod: