KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My take

KK offered his resignation last night which the board formally accepted with the finer details to be sorted out the following morning (today) due to the club's attempts to sell several players behind KK's back which as we all know he will not stand for. KK told a few of his staff and one or two players he'd be leaving which is where the leak come from. The club were never going to sack him and KK knew that so wanted to make it easy for them and indeed himself as he will never stand by happy to pick up a wage while things he's clearly against or unhappy with go on around him. This was all set to be done today, but several players have kicked off and due to the inevitable backlash from fans and the leak the club have been thrown by this and went into panic mode and have been trying to resolve it all day with KK who still wants to resign unless the board remove the obstacles he feels is stopping him doing his job (we can all take a stab at who and what these obstacles are). The club refuse to do so, but they are also refusing to sack him and accept his resignation in full so its a stalemate for now with KK on 'gardening leave' as of now. Hence no confirmation or denials thus far.

Howay Newcastle, don't f*** this up man  :weep:

As one of the vanguard who stuck by Keegan when the s*** was flying last season, nothing depresses me more than the thought he's gone. Unfortunately for all his virtues, KK is a man who wants his own way even when he is wrong sometimes. Wise and Co have done very well in the transfer market and they should be trusted to get on with it, and KK should stick to doing what he does best, coaching, motivating and leading his players. When you start questioning the guy who is bank-rolling the club or demanding certain players are kept you are stepping on serious toes. It would be great if all this could be smoothed over but with it becoming public, I don't think there's any chance.

We all know how highly strung he is and how high maintenance he is too. He's stubborn, cantankerous and is emotionally up and down, that's the price you pay with KK though, he's worth the hassle. You do not sell players behind a manager's back though or try to, or make promises and break them, not with KK not with anyone, regardless of the setup. This if anything is the core issue I feel.

Assuming that is the case (no one really knows ATM) it's still not as cut and dried as that. At the end of the day it's Ashley who has to fund any deals, so he's obviously going to have the final say on who stays and goes. If it's been done behind KK's back then he can't really blame KK for getting the hump and will have to deal with the backlash. I wouldn't want to be in his shoes right now.

Guest hikickry

I reckon it has to do with Barton! There could of been movement to get rid of and Kevin stood by him? "...If he goes I go!"

what, KK values Barton over the club? dont think so

Guest Geordiesned

Heard on Radio 5 on the way home that all media are being kept back by stewards from where fans/charvas have gathered outside the main entrance presumably so they can't film what has become a PR disaster.

The PR disaster is the fact that the club have not issued any statements about the claims that Keegan has been sacked!!

Guest Guinness

Heard on Radio 5 on the way home that all media are being kept back by stewards from where fans/charvas have gathered outside the main entrance presumably so they can't film what has become a PR disaster.

The PR disaster is the fact that the club have not issued any statements about the claims that Keegan has been sacked!!

The PR from the club has been shit ever since Mort left, to say nothing on the matter after such high profile speculation is atrocious. Can only hope it has something to do with trying to keep Keegan at club although that's just me desperately clutching at straws.

Guest mackas86

ironic really these charvs protesting about ashley when infact they're his chief supporters, soccer sports being there primary outlet for cheap sports clothing and then appear on tv wearing it   :pow:

Don't even fucking start with the Ranger jokes. They weren't funny in the first place, they certainly aren't fucking welcome today.

Glad i'm not the only one who thought that. Embarassing stuff.

Guest johnson293

ironic really these charvs protesting about ashley when infact they're his chief supporters, soccer sports being there primary outlet for cheap sports clothing and then appear on tv wearing it   :pow:

And the staple charva uniform now.... YSL polo shirts.

Don't even fucking start with the Ranger jokes. They weren't funny in the first place, they certainly aren't fucking welcome today.

Glad i'm not the only one who thought that. Embarassing stuff.

Are there any Sports Soccer shops that are in the open street (i.e. not inside Eldon Square or Metro Centre etc). Can just imagine their windows are going to get put in tonight if there are.

Guest smarty2006

I reckon it has to do with Barton! There could of been movement to get rid of and Kevin stood by him? "...If he goes I go!"

what, KK values Barton over the club? dont think so

...yeah your right, my mind is so F##Ked up right now! just cannot believe this has happened!

Guest mackas86

dreading reading the papers tomorrow, southern arse bandits will be creaming themselves over 'turmoil at the toon' regardless of the outcome tonight

Mr Oliver's two-cents if it hasn't already been posted:

Toon boss' future in doubt after meeting

by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

KEVIN KEEGAN was again locked in crisis talks with Newcastle United about his future today.

The United boss was summoned to a meeting at the ground at 10am – the second such meeting in the space of two days.

And not only Tyneside, but the whole of the country were waiting to hear of the outcome of this second meeting.

Despite the clamour for information, Newcastle United remained silent this morning.

In the meantime the online notice boards went into over-drive supporting Keegan and blasting United for the way they are reportedly treating their favourite.

And despite talk of Keegan walking out, The Chronicle’s information is that is unlikely to happen.

Certainly any thoughts of director of football Dennis Wise who has been installed as favourite by at least one bookmaker, taking over as manager at St James’s Park would go down like the proverbial lead balloon.

I saw Keegan go into St James’s at 2pm yesterday where he had what I am told was a heated meeting with the United hierarchy.

Keegan was conspicuous by his absence when United reserves went in against Sunderland at St James’s Park last night.

But The Chronicle learned early today that Keegan had been ordered back to the ground for another meeting with Llambias at 10am.

In my view Ashley is taking a huge gamble pushing Keegan to the brink because their former skipper is without a shadow of a doubt Newcastle United’s best asset.

In a dramatic morning of rumour and counter-rumour it did not take long for the bookies to suspend betting on the next Premier League manager to leave their club.

With everything happening so fast in the past 24 hours, United are unlikely to have a replacement lined up if for any reason Keegan relinquishes his post.

However, if Keegan was to go then there are plenty who would jump at the chance to manage Newcastle United, with David Moyes and David O’Leary two names already touted for the job

Link

dreading reading the papers tomorrow, southern arse bandits will be creaming themselves over 'turmoil at the toon' regardless of the outcome tonight

True, but the one dwindling candle of hope is that they are currently sorting it, and are going to enjoy the press all getting it completely wrong before an early morning show of unity.

Mr Oliver's two-cents if it hasn't already been posted:

Toon boss' future in doubt after meeting

by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

KEVIN KEEGAN was again locked in crisis talks with Newcastle United about his future today.

The United boss was summoned to a meeting at the ground at 10am – the second such meeting in the space of two days.

And not only Tyneside, but the whole of the country were waiting to hear of the outcome of this second meeting.

Despite the clamour for information, Newcastle United remained silent this morning.

In the meantime the online notice boards went into over-drive supporting Keegan and blasting United for the way they are reportedly treating their favourite.

And despite talk of Keegan walking out, The Chronicle’s information is that is unlikely to happen.

Certainly any thoughts of director of football Dennis Wise who has been installed as favourite by at least one bookmaker, taking over as manager at St James’s Park would go down like the proverbial lead balloon.

I saw Keegan go into St James’s at 2pm yesterday where he had what I am told was a heated meeting with the United hierarchy.

Keegan was conspicuous by his absence when United reserves went in against Sunderland at St James’s Park last night.

But The Chronicle learned early today that Keegan had been ordered back to the ground for another meeting with Llambias at 10am.

In my view Ashley is taking a huge gamble pushing Keegan to the brink because their former skipper is without a shadow of a doubt Newcastle United’s best asset.

In a dramatic morning of rumour and counter-rumour it did not take long for the bookies to suspend betting on the next Premier League manager to leave their club.

With everything happening so fast in the past 24 hours, United are unlikely to have a replacement lined up if for any reason Keegan relinquishes his post.

However, if Keegan was to go then there are plenty who would jump at the chance to manage Newcastle United, with David Moyes and David O’Leary two names already touted for the job

Link

:lol:

Guest hikickry

ashley can't seriously look at this situation and think, "it will all be alright for me once this goes through", he has to know this will be disastrous for him, and that is why i'd like to know what he is thinking now............the fat git.