KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It is a fact that NUFC is a business and operates, like all businesses, with financial constraints.

Fuck off. If it was like any other business we'd have all taken our custom elsewhere by now.

Guest Heneage

"P.S. Ive put your things in a bag and left it with next door."

See all I can argue with that is the whole "constraints" I doubt that entirely. The rest makes it seem like Keegans fault.

Guest LucaAltieri

don't know if already posted... a new official statemant:

Official NUFC Statement: September 6

It is a fact that Kevin Keegan agreed only to deal with the media in relation to Club matters relating to the Team and not to communicate with the media in relation to the acquisition or disposal of players.

So you told Keegan to keep his mouth shut. Frightened he'd let the cat out of the bag, eh?

It is a fact that NUFC is a business and operates, like all businesses, with financial constraints.

It is a fact that NUFC's financial constraints inform its transfer dealings.

The Board of NUFC have responsibility to ensure that the club is able to meet its commitments which include the wages and the transfer fees for players.

We've got a billionaire, but we've got zero money for transfers - Bollocks.

The structure at NUFC is clear, and has been clear from 16th January 2008.

I don't recall being informed Keegan had no say in signings, or that we had no money to buy anyone. I certainly wouldn't have renewed had it been said.

Lying, greedy cunts. They said Keegan had say in who we signed, now they're turning round and denying it.

Should be reported for false advertising. I want my money back.

It does seem to go against the old party line of "Keegan has the final say on signings"

So Keegan was to be in front of the media every week during the transfer window doing his pre/post match stuff, but wasn't allowed to talk about players coming in or going out? How was that going to work?

Yep.Thats quite a sharp statement that doesnt show Kev in a great light.

However, I am not sure that it actually confirms that Kevin greed to allow the Direcor of Football and Board to sign players without his agreement or consent.

What does "report to the Director of Football and Board" mean in that respect.

Still hasnt answered the question for me.

“Yes, there is. If the deal is right – and that means it’s the right player who Kevin wants – then we will do that deal.

“Kevin himself is very particular on who he wants. To use his words, they have to have the right heart for Newcastle United. That is massively important for him – if they don’t, then he is not interested.

“The days of buying players at the wrong time are gone.

“And I don’t think the people and the structure we have now would have made the mistakes of the past.

“The right player at the right time is who we are after now. We want players with the heart and passion to play for Newcastle United and its supporters. Kevin doesn’t stop emphasising that.

“If a player doesn’t want to come to the North East, then we are not interested in him. If we think he only wants to come to Newcastle United for the wrong reasons then we’ll say, ‘You’re not for us’ and we’ll look elsewhere.

“Players have to tick a lot of boxes for us to be interested.

“Kevin inherited, by Premier League standards, a relatively small squad and we have to build that up as well as start producing the next generation of players through the Academy.”

If nothing else, the man is a two-faced liar.

Guest Howaythetoon

When KK says he had no other choice but to resign, I believe him 100% because:

This is his last job or would have been.

He loves NUFC.

He loves or did love working with the players.

He loves or did love being back in Newcastle with his wife, they have a lovely home.

He loves the fans and we love him.

He has unfinished business here or did have.

He is on record saying the media profile of him as a bottler or a quitter hurt him.

He was so looking forward to the new season. The interview pre and post Old Trafford was the KK of old, full of smiles and a sparkle in those eyes of his.

He was being paid good money which we could all do with.

To walk away from all that doesn't make any sense.

Unless....

He had no other choice!

What that entails is open to interpretation but if KK decides he has to walk away, I know for a fact the decision to do so will not only not have been easy but that he will also have very very good reasons for doing so. Reasons we can only speculate on but nonetheless I for one can only support him because unlike the other lot who we don't know, never hear from and who all have very dubious interests in Newcastle United, KK's interests lay with his players, staff, the club and above all else the fans 100%.

As for Ashley and co and the club, the fall-out of KK's resignation owes a lot to the complete lack of communication and respect shown to fans more than anything else, that and all the rumours. Is KK responsible for that? It would be very harsh to place the blame on KK in that context.

Also, we are not daft. Beyond his status, KK is a damn good manager who saved us from relegation last season and had the team playing extremely well enough to give many people hope this season. Him walking away loses us that damn fine manager, maybe the team which I am certain played for KK more than anything, and most of all that hope which keeps every fan going.

Of course there is going to be a backlash to that and the board will get it and always have done. Freddy Shepherd faced many a backlash and there will be others who do too, just like there will always be players and managers that get a backlash.

What is interesting is that whoever is in control decided their way is better than KK's way without on the surface any success to prove or point towards being the best way unlike KK who has been a success at every club he's been at, and by doing so they have it all to do now.

You and I both know, this backlash is just the tip of it. Everytime they fuck up it will rear its ugly head again. Unlike a few months back though, there was no fans fave to keep fans happy because they handled the whole Big Sam affair badly and now 2 transfer windows. In fact since the takeover little seems to have changed where it really matters, in the eyes of fans.

And this new statement, some few days late, says fuck all about anything. Don't be fooled people.

Looks like KK knew what his role was and it's another toys out of the pram job.

Looks like a nasty situation is about to get even nastier, tbh. That could be a bit of a media own-goal there for Ashley & Co.

Looks like a nasty situation is about to get even nastier, tbh. That could be a bit of a media own-goal there for Ashley & Co.

I preferred that post pre-edit!

Bunch of fucking cunts. How has this structure ever been clear since 16th January? Lying, slimy toads.

Yes, there is. If the deal is right and that means its the right player who Kevin wants then we will do that deal.

Kevin himself is very particular on who he wants. To use his words, they have to have the right heart for Newcastle United. That is massively important for him if they dont, then he is not interested.

The days of buying players at the wrong time are gone.

And I dont think the people and the structure we have now would have made the mistakes of the past.

The right player at the right time is who we are after now. We want players with the heart and passion to play for Newcastle United and its supporters. Kevin doesnt stop emphasising that.

If a player doesnt want to come to the North East, then we are not interested in him. If we think he only wants to come to Newcastle United for the wrong reasons then well say, Youre not for us and well look elsewhere.

Players have to tick a lot of boxes for us to be interested.

Kevin inherited, by Premier League standards, a relatively small squad and we have to build that up as well as start producing the next generation of players through the Academy.

If nothing else, the man is a two-faced liar.

That first set of bold writing should have been half a sentence earlier tbh...if the deal is right.....

Er, that's a bit of a stupid statement to put out. Surely they could have kept quiet until it all died down, or at the very least put something out that sounds less, well, angry?

The media will have a fucking field day with that.

I preferred that post pre-edit!

Bunch of f***ing c***s. How has this structure ever been clear since 16th January? Lying, slimy toads.

the question is wether it was clear to keegan.