Dennis Wise

Optimistic Nut

Wise is the rat, literally.

Got proof?

Look at his face man, more rat than Splinter from the Turtles and just as deadly I hear with the chop.

I'm pretty sure you know more than you're saying, and I'm just as sure you can't say what you know, but you're a "senior" poster here and you know full well you can't make such unsubstantiated claims. I challenge you, sir, to defend your claims, or withdraw...

"What is on Dennis Wise's CV to inspire confidence that he can shop round Europe and bring the best players to St James' Park? He worked for Swindon, Millwall and Leeds."

SBR.

Mail on Sunday SBR article.

Guest Brummiemag

http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/2008/09/05/an-interesting-excerpt-from-dennis-wises-autobiography

In case you didn’t know, Dennis Wise - the chap who Alex Ferguson said “could start a fight in an empty house” - is a thoroughly upstanding citizen who is adored by fans across the nation for his refusal to acquiesce to demands of the the money men. That is, according to the jacket of his 1999 autobiography:

In an age when football is dominated by glamorous foreign players chasing multi-million-pound contracts from club to club, Dennis Wise represents the traditions of team loyalty, dogged determination and fighting spirit.

It is perhaps this, as well as his charmingly irascible nature, that makes Dennis - Wisey to his teammates and fans - such an enduringly popular player.

‘Enduringly popular’? Leicester, Leeds and Newcastle fans would probably disagree…

"as well as his charmingly irascible nature"   Most London cabbies wouldnt agree with this statement!

"What is on Dennis Wise's CV to inspire confidence that he can shop round Europe and bring the best players to St James' Park? He worked for Swindon, Millwall and Leeds."

SBR.

Jobs for the lads etc.

SBR.

Jobs for the lads etc.

SBR.

Perhaps Sir Bobby should have asked the same question of Mick Wadsworth when he let him sign up Gavilan, Cordone, Bassedas and Acuna.

SBR.

Perhaps Sir Bobby should have asked the same question of Mick Wadsworth when he let him sign up Gavilan, Cordone, Bassedas and Acuna.

Ouch!

Acuna was a good little player at least.

Also Wise doesn't scout players, so please don't give him that kind of credit, Vetere is obviously the one with the knowledge of players.

Thanks for pointing that out. It seems people just prefer to convince themselves otherwise.

Also Wise doesn't scout players, so please don't give him that kind of credit, Vetere is obviously the one with the knowledge of players.

Thanks for pointing that out. It seems people just prefer to convince themselves otherwise.

http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/empics/20080129/20/203591913-soccer-barclays-premier-league-arsenal-v-newcastle-united-emirates-stadium.jpg

is that Vetere on the right?

SBR.

Ouch!

I doubt he even knew where Gordon Milnes office was to be honest, thats if he even had one.

http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/empics/20080129/20/203591913-soccer-barclays-premier-league-arsenal-v-newcastle-united-emirates-stadium.jpg

is that Vetere on the right?

Aye, left to right, Chris Mort, Dennis Wise, Tony Jimenez, Jeff Vetere.

Guest Darth Toon

If you need someone to hate Wise is a good choice.

Send him back down the sewer with the rest of the rats.

Agreed - it's not like he doesn't have plenty of previous in the "being a twat" department.

• 1 month later...

Dennis Wise is still working on recruitment at Newcastle United and might attend St James' Park for Monday night's game against Aston Villa, the caretaker manager Joe Kinnear revealed yesterday.

"Me and Dennis have traded names. We're looking at it twofold – he's looking for ones for the future, I'd like ones for the first team because I'm selfish."

Guest Darth Toon

"Me and Dennis have traded names. We're looking at it twofold – he's looking for ones for the future, I'd like ones for the first team because I'm selfish."

Aye, that's how is starts out Joe, don't get too excited about the names on your own list though....

Allegedly.

Guest Walking in a waddle wonde

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle/3810801.Kinnear_and_Wise_draw_up_their_hit_list/

Kinnear and Wise draw up their hit-list

10:17am Saturday 1st November 2008

JOE Kinnear has been working with Dennis Wise on Newcastle’s January transfer ‘hitlist’ as Mike Ashley faces the prospect no buyer will be found for the club this year.

Kinnear had been told that the trip to Chelsea on November 22 would be his last match in charge of team affairs.

But the global economic downturn is making it less likely that a buyer will be found before that date, forcing Ashley to consider a ‘Plan B’ in which Kinnear retains charge of team affairs on a longer-term basis.

The Magpies manager admits he would be happy for Ashley to retain control.

He said: “Of course, I don’t want Mike to sell. I’m not unemployed then. It’s the best job I’ve had – it’s the most important.

Nothing that’s gone on at Newcastle would stop me from wanting to get involved permanently.”

Kinnear summed up the current situation regarding the sale of the club in his own inimitable style.

“What’s the fella’s name – Harris? Keith Harris? He’s on the trombone every day if you like – he’s got somebody hooked and then somebody not hooked,” he said.

Whatever the outcome, November 22 or, as Kinnear puts it, ‘D-Day’, is the date by which Newcastle supporters can look forward to receiving confirmation from Ashley.

“I think you will get that from him after the Chelsea game. I think he will have to – it’s been a long time without anything being said now.

“I think I was originally brought in for eight games and in that timespan he thought the club would be sold. If it’s not, he’s got to come up with other ideas,”

said the Newcastle manager, who has drawn on his extensive circle of football contacts to identify transfer targets.

“I think he’s prepared to sit down and say ‘okay, where do we go from here?’.

“He might be more advised by me and say ‘What do you think Joe?’ And I’d probably say we need four players, we maybe need to shift some out.

“I’ve got a hit-list. Whether I’m here or not, I’ve got to be prepared. Dennis and I have traded names. We saw the French under-21s and we put three players down from that game. We put two players down at a German club.”

Players under consideration are thought to include the highly-rated defender Habib Bellaid, known in France as the ‘new Lilian Thuram’, and Saint-Etienne right-back Mouhamadou Dabo, also coveted by Arsenal.

“We’re looking at it twofold – he’s l o o k i n g for one’s for the future, but I’d like ones for the first team, because I’m selfish,” confirmed Kinnear, who believes that if he fails to sell the club, Ashley will consider ways of building bridges with disgruntled Newcastle supporters.

“I know he’s deeply hurt by what’s happened. I don’t know how he would do it – who does he talk to, what does he say?

Does he need to go to the supporters?”

asked Kinnear.

The answer would be ‘yes’, with members of the Newcastle United Supporters Club (NUSC) demanding immediate talks with a member of the club’s hierarchy.

“At the moment, and I know this for definite because he told me, he is talking to three people about selling the club.

But they haven’t come up with the goods yet,” said Kinnear.

But the Newcastle owner told Kinnear that ‘All will be revealed after Chelsea (on November 22)’.

Meanwhile, Michael Owen is very close to being included in Monday’s squad to face Aston Villa at St James Park.

“If I have to put him on the bench then that’s a possibility.

Michael is a predatory finisher and if you bring him on for 20 minutes then he could get a goal,”

said Kinnear.

Guest Sniffer

If we play against villa like we did on Tuesday, then brining Owen on to snatch a goal in the last twenty minutes might make it 5-1.

Why would Joe openly talking about possible transfers in January whilst at the same time telling us he has no idea what is going on whilst telling us that after the Chelsea game, we will find out whats going as the club might be sold or it might not etc etc etc etc.

I have nothing against the guy but I wish he would just shut up and concentrate on getting us points on the board

Why would Joe openly talking about possible transfers in January whilst at the same time telling us he has no idea what is going on whilst telling us that after the Chelsea game, we will find out whats going as the club might be sold or it might not etc etc etc etc.

I have nothing against the guy but I wish he would just shut up and concentrate on getting us points on the board

He's being fed it iyam.