Who Do You Want As Keegan's Replacement?

Tooj

I can only hope the press have as little clue about our next manager as they did about our summer signings.

Jonas - came from nowhere.

Guthrie - whispered a month or so prior due to player 'telling Bolton'.

Bassong - still not even acknowledged by most.

Coloccini - leaked in Spain due to angry agent.

Xisco - came on Spanish websites as he was supposedly on a plane here.

Gonzalez - confirmed by Valencia's website first.

Manager?

Obsessed to a worrying point.

Yet the press had the problems of Ashley, KK & Wise sewn up from the start.

If Zico or Terim arent being considered for the job i dont know what ill do, would be scandalous to have Ince and Poyet in more favourable positions than these 2 - this is all about getting someone to cooperate with Wise rather than someone who will do the best with the team, and no matter which way i look at it, i cant accept that at all.

change the names to hiddinck and hitzfeld then bruce and o'leary and it has an all too familiar ring to that post.

I can only hope the press have as little clue about our next manager as they did about our summer signings.

Manager?

I know. :(

Huh?

If Zico or Terim arent being considered for the job i dont know what ill do, would be scandalous to have Ince and Poyet in more favourable positions than these 2 - this is all about getting someone to cooperate with Wise rather than someone who will do the best with the team, and no matter which way i look at it, i cant accept that at all.

I assume they'd be considered, but they won't pick somebody who will fight with them over transfers which Terim certainly would.

Manager?

Coloccini was first mentioned in the Independent iirc, at least, the thread on here was started by a report in that paper.

anyway i agree with the basic sentiment. i seriously hope it's none of the three mentioned and we announce something out of the blue.

Coloccini was first mentioned in the Independent iirc, at least, the thread on here was started by a report in that paper.

Ah yeah, forgot about that. Still, it'd apparently been going on for months according to the agent. Think of all the players we were supposedly nailed on to get but we didn't, too.

Grasping at straws here like. :undecided:

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Paul f***ing Ince. As if we're even discussing the possibility.

If he's appointed I'll.....well.......do nothing. But I wont be happy.  :undecided:

Manager?

I know. :(

Huh?

Obsessed with what the press know or don't. It seems to be your personal crusade to point out that they know nothing, but truth is there is no magic formula to it, its random. They nailed the in-house problems from the off, but no one believed them until last week; it was all we hate NUFC, there's even a thread about it, but fact is, they were right.

Transfers can be from a good source, wild speculation, Chinese whispers or something else, and the outcome of it being right decided on loads of genuine factors. Players linked and nearly signed deemed they didn't get right because it didn't go through, but no one knows how close of how far away it really was form happening. Deadline day transfers sneak through quite easily with so much activity happening, the reason why we didn't know about our two as i reckon they were our backup options, which ties in with why Keegan left.

For why they aren't looking at who's out next manager is simple, there's still the game at the weekend, and with that in their focus they really don't need any other news right now, that's where their attention lies, ready to stir, ready to pounce, our new manager can wait till next week after the fallout from the protests is done and dusted as a news story.

Obsessed with what the press know or don't. It seems to be your personal crusade to point out that they know nothing, but truth is there is no magic formula to it, its random. They nailed the in-house problems from the off, but no one believed them until last week; it was all we hate NUFC, there's even a thread about it, but fact is, they were right.

Transfers can be from a good source, wild speculation, Chinese whispers or something else, and the outcome of it being right decided on loads of genuine factors. Players linked and nearly signed deemed they didn't get right because it didn't go through, but no one knows how close of how far away it really was form happening. Deadline day transfers sneak through quite easily with so much activity happening, the reason why we didn't know about our two as i reckon they were our backup options, which ties in with why Keegan left.

For why they aren't looking at who's out next manager is simple, there's still the game at the weekend, and with that in their focus they really don't need any other news right now, that's where their attention lies, ready to stir, ready to pounce, our new manager can wait till next week after the fallout from the protests is done and dusted as a news story.

Fair enough, don't see the need for the comments about me personally though.

I'm just trying to stay positive when the names being bandied about are nothing short of disgraceful.

Fair enough, don't see the need for the comments about me personally though. I'm just trying to stay positive when the names being bandied about are nothing short of disgraceful.

Its nothing personal, and there are no personal comments aimed at you, simply an observation, but everything to do with the press you pounce on with glee if they don't get it right, there really is no denying that (which stemmed from people like myself moaning at the lack of transfer activity and you defending the club, a reason why i notice it more)!  :laugh:

Fair enough, don't see the need for the comments about me personally though.

I'm just trying to stay positive when the names being bandied about are nothing short of disgraceful.

:lol:

Another Anal Oliver exclusive

I hope to god he is wrong about Ince and Poyet

Three in the race for NUFC hot seat

Sep 12 2008 by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

Paul Ince

PAUL INCE is on Newcastle United’s shortlist of three to replace Kevin Keegan as manager.

The other two are believed to be Spurs No 2 Gus Poyet and French World Cup-winning captain Didier Deschamps.

But it is thought to be a straight fight between United director of football Dennis Wise’s two close friends, Ince and Poyet.

However, the Magpies board will wait until the weekend’s events are over before they sit down on Monday and try to come up with a decision.

They are understood to have received 38 serious applications for the role, which they have now narrowed down to the shortlist of three.

The Chronicle revealed on Wednesday that Ince was in the frame for one of the hottest jobs in football.

And we said yesterday that as long as Wise was advising United owner Mike Ashley then the current Blackburn Rovers boss would be very much in the running.

This was still the situation at the start of play today.

United will be interested in how Ince fares when he pits his wits against Arsene Wenger’s Arsenal at Ewood Park tomorrow.

Ince brushed aside talk of him taking over at St James’s Park when he held his press conference for tomorrow’s match and insisted that he was focusing on facing the Gunners.

The odds on Ince have been slashed by the bookies, but Poyet still remains very much their favourite.

However, sources in North London say Poyet has no intention of leaving Spurs and linking up again with Wise.

It is believed that United will wait until after their Carling Cup game with Spurs at St James’s Park a week on Wednesday before announcing their new manager – and this would point to Poyet being in the running.

The Chronicle revealed yesterday that caretaker manager Chris Hughton has been told he will have three matches in charge.

Mike Ashley obviously has another couple of difficult decisions to make in the next few days, but first he has to decide whether to attend tomorrow’s match with Hull City at St James’s Park where he would face the fury of fans following Keegan’s departure.

My information is that Ashley will not be there and he will insist that he had a previous appointment.

I would also be surprised if managing director Derek Llambias has his usual column on the inside back page of the club programme as the United hierarchy attempt to keep low profiles.

change the names to hiddinck and hitzfeld then bruce and o'leary and it has an all too familiar ring to that post.

It's literally August 2004 all over again - the similarities are uncanny.

Well at least the three people in contention are people that are well known by the rest of our team. I think this is going to prove to be vitally important, as we cannot  afford another breakdown like we have just had.

Not only is Didier Deschamps the most highly qualified, and most experienced, he is also free and available, and showed interest last time around.

Let's try and do the right thing here.

No matter what though, I'm backing whoever is brought in regardless. I'm willing to give the manager a chance to at least prove himself no matter who it is.

Its nothing personal, and there are no personal comments aimed at you, simply an observation, but everything to do with the press you pounce on with glee if they don't get it right, there really is no denying that (which stemmed from people like myself moaning at the lack of transfer activity and you defending the club, a reason why i notice it more)!  :laugh:

Well tbf you were complaining that there were no links in the papers, and yet can you disagree with my original post that the papers didn't guess any of those? It's not like they didn't try.

I know I was trying to defend the club, but I was too trusting in the end. I've no problem admitting that, I was wrong about them. Still don't see how that makes me obsessed and having a personal crusade and stuff, but never mind.

Another Anal Oliver exclusive

I hope to god he is wrong about Ince and Poyet

Three in the race for NUFC hot seat

Sep 12 2008 by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

Paul Ince

PAUL INCE is on Newcastle United’s shortlist of three to replace Kevin Keegan as manager.

The other two are believed to be Spurs No 2 Gus Poyet and French World Cup-winning captain Didier Deschamps.

But it is thought to be a straight fight between United director of football Dennis Wise’s two close friends, Ince and Poyet.

However, the Magpies board will wait until the weekend’s events are over before they sit down on Monday and try to come up with a decision.

They are understood to have received 38 serious applications for the role, which they have now narrowed down to the shortlist of three.

The Chronicle revealed on Wednesday that Ince was in the frame for one of the hottest jobs in football.

And we said yesterday that as long as Wise was advising United owner Mike Ashley then the current Blackburn Rovers boss would be very much in the running.

This was still the situation at the start of play today.

United will be interested in how Ince fares when he pits his wits against Arsene Wenger’s Arsenal at Ewood Park tomorrow.

Ince brushed aside talk of him taking over at St James’s Park when he held his press conference for tomorrow’s match and insisted that he was focusing on facing the Gunners.

The odds on Ince have been slashed by the bookies, but Poyet still remains very much their favourite.

However, sources in North London say Poyet has no intention of leaving Spurs and linking up again with Wise.

It is believed that United will wait until after their Carling Cup game with Spurs at St James’s Park a week on Wednesday before announcing their new manager – and this would point to Poyet being in the running.

The Chronicle revealed yesterday that caretaker manager Chris Hughton has been told he will have three matches in charge.

Mike Ashley obviously has another couple of difficult decisions to make in the next few days, but first he has to decide whether to attend tomorrow’s match with Hull City at St James’s Park where he would face the fury of fans following Keegan’s departure.

My information is that Ashley will not be there and he will insist that he had a previous appointment.

I would also be surprised if managing director Derek Llambias has his usual column on the inside back page of the club programme as the United hierarchy attempt to keep low profiles.

The club is being run as some kind of social club with Dennis pouring pints for his mates.

Well at least the three people in contention are people that are well known by the rest of our team. I think this is going to prove to be vitally important, as we cannot  afford another breakdown like we have just had.

Not only is Didier Deschamps the most highly qualified, and most experienced, he is also free and available, and showed interest last time around.

Let's try and do the right thing here.

No matter what though, I'm backing whoever is brought in regardless. I'm willing to give the manager a chance to at least prove himself no matter who it is.

Ince and Poyet imho are not the right calibre of manager to bring success to us atm at they will not be popular with the fans with the Wise connection .

mind you i think whoever takes it, be it Ince or Martinez or Di Matteo, still has a good chance of success. they'll be concentrating on the coaching side so it's more about their innate skill at this, and their natural ease with man management, and their tactical sense, which will see them through. they'll no doubt receive a good calibre of player from the transfer team so just have to mould them into a cohesive unit. one problem might be how good they are at communicating with the fans, and how prickly their relationship with the board becomes.

With Ince i don't know how good a man manager he will be - he has an ego which means he won't be a steve wigley or chris hutchings, though it remains to be seen whether he'll use that ego/charisma to turn into a Souness or a Ferguson. No idea about his coaching, there's been whispers that blackburn players think his sessions are a joke, but he doesn't seem like a fool in terms of tactics and his sides play decentish football or so ive heard. fans would be skeptical, remains to be seen how he'd cope with having no say on transfers.

Poyet - think he'll be an ok man manager, but since he'd be viewed as an Ashley and Wise crony, appointed because of who he knows not because of what he knows, this will initially undermine his standing with the players which will be difficult to overcome. He is supposed to be well regarded for his coaching and tactial awareness. he'd have no problems with the set-up but huge problems with the fans.

Deschamps - Another good man manager who brings his natural authority over from his playing days, however he is a bit dull. Tacticaly - okayish. Coaching i'd guess he has no problem with. no problem with the fans, but i can't see him lasting too long with our backroom system.