Who Do You Want As Keegan's Replacement?

Tooj

I know that we backed off them alot in the second half especially, but i think that West Brom played with some decent style, with more technically proficient players at his disposal i genuinely think Mowbray could do a good job here.

He seems to have them playing a decent brand of football just minus the quality of player to make it count.

One could argue that he's horribly misguided, trying to play that kind of football with the resources at his disposal.

It worked for him last year, its working for hull this year....either way the point still stands, its difficult to get a team playing the way he had them playing, i saw alot of dynamic movement from them. Movement which has been missing from our team for a long time.

Can't wait till we have a new manager, to have a permanent manager in place will be a huge relief so we can move on from this mess.

Amen to that - the sooner this whole thing gets sorted out the better. I just hope that whoever comes puts a manager who likes to attack in charge becasue if he doesnt its not gonna be long before we see it happen all over again.

Still want Kev back, tbh.

Yeh, id have him back as well, Im not sure where our next appoitments goona come from though, there seems to be a severe lack quality managers that are available or even in 'attainable' at worst.

So do I. It's not just about cups and medals, it's about trust and playing the right way. Keegan's hard work for an owner but worth it for what he brings to the club: stability and the goodwill of the fans.

Guest ovesbar

So do I. It's not just about cups and medals, it's about trust and playing the right way. Keegan's hard work for an owner but worth it for what he brings to the club: stability and the goodwill of the fans.

Stability when hes here, yes. But when he decides to leave, we are fucked! Bring in Advocaat!

Wouldn't mind Shearer tbh, probably sounds crazy but we simply aren't going to get a top class manager, and if it comes down to Shearer or someone who's doing a respectable job elsewhere than I'd take Shearer, I know it wouldn't please all the fans like the stereotypical view everyone outside of Newcastle United has but everyone would back him once he's here. Also, there's much more chance he'd stay here for the long run, not where someone who doesn't have a relationship with the fans gets forced out if we're doing shite.

Wouldn't mind Shearer tbh, probably sounds crazy but we simply aren't going to get a top class manager, and if it comes down to Shearer or someone who's doing a respectable job elsewhere than I'd take Shearer, I know it wouldn't please all the fans like the stereotypical view everyone outside of Newcastle United has but everyone would back him once he's here. Also, there's much more chance he'd stay here for the long run, not where someone who doesn't have a relationship with the fans gets forced out if we're doing s****.

I dont see many attainable managers to be honest, ones that will fit our criteria anyway. As for Shearer Im not sure, in fact i wouldnt want him here, he has a history of putting personality over ability and i dont see him creating a technically proficient squad like keegan or SBr but more a grafting conventional playing team like Dalglish/Souness (spit).

Guest firetotheworks

Wanting Keegan back for me is like having the only lass youve ever loved back after she fucked off at the height of your relationship. I probably would, but morally I wished I wouldnt.

Might aswell pick martinez if we are going young up and comers in england.       Rikjaard for me but im dreaming, also spelt his name wrong i think.

Martinez is a good shout too, I feel it's better giving young English managers a shot, then bringing in a so called 'proven' foreigner who has never managed in the Premier League before.

Guest Brummiemag

I know that we backed off them alot in the second half especially, but i think that West Brom played with some decent style, with more technically proficient players at his disposal i genuinely think Mowbray could do a good job here.

He seems to have them playing a decent brand of football just minus the quality of player to make it count.

One could argue that he's horribly misguided, trying to play that kind of football with the resources at his disposal.

It worked for him last year, its working for hull this year....either way the point still stands, its difficult to get a team playing the way he had them playing, i saw alot of dynamic movement from them. Movement which has been missing from our team for a long time.

Its refreshing to see a team without resources like WBA trying to play football.

If I was a WBA fan I would rather play like that than put 11 men behind the ball and hoof it up the pitch like the Bolton's of this world, even if it meant relegation 

Its refreshing to see a team without resources like WBA trying to play football.

If I was a WBA fan I would rather play like that than put 11 men behind the ball and hoof it up the pitch like the Bolton's of this world, even if it meant relegation  

No you wouldn't. If you were a WBA fan you would take any kind of football you could get as long as it meant staying up.

It's only because we're neutrals we have the luxury of "applauding" them for their effort to play an open game even when it may lose them a lot of points.

But Martinez is a foreigner who has never managed in the Premier League before!

Aye, just realised my own mistake there.  :doh: Still he's got experience in English football and has worked his way up. Wouldn't shock me if Phil Brown was our manager at some point in the future.

Aye, just realised my own mistake there.  :doh: Still he's got experience in English football and has worked his way up. Wouldn't shock me if Phil Brown was our manager at some point in the future.

It would me.

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't shock me if Phil Brown was our manager at some point in the future.

bit of confusion on whether  he`s a mackem or geordie? anyone confirm?

from south shields and always been cagey about his support